Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you ever get treated better by GLBT FA's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Hey Folks

I just returned from a trip to Rome via LHR on UA in C.

Do you notice that gay male FA's totally take care of other out gay passengers?

I do...

On this last trip they brought us extra food from First and totally took care of us.

It was great.

On another trip in Y, the FA's gave us free drinks.

Other experiences?
Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I had a very xxx-rated experience on a recent transatlantic flight in the upstairs galley on the 747. The best service any FA has ever given me!!! ^
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:25 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Not an experience like that, but we've met a few nice guys that we've chatted with on flights and I've talked with a few more when I was flying on my own. I'd say that I generally get a nicer response from FA's, but not from any specific ones -- from all of them in general. I find that being nice and understanding what they actually do (rather than just serving drinks and peanuts like many people think) goes a long way.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 5:36 am

We usually get a little extra treatment from GLBT FAs. They will make extra small talk, comp our drinks or just be overly attentive, the real attention comes at hotels where we usually get uograded and once we even received wine and chocolates from the front desk.

I am ok with the treatment, it shows we care.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:04 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
FAs these days (gay or otherwise) tend to be middle-aged (or older ). Not exactly the flirty bunch, in my experience. They are more worried about the next pay cut and/or work rule changes.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:37 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by keeton
FAs these days (gay or otherwise) tend to be middle-aged (or older ). Not exactly the flirty bunch, in my experience. They are more worried about the next pay cut and/or work rule changes.
I love generalisations! Care to profer an opinion on the obsessions of the younger generation?
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:01 am

I had an especially friendly FA on QF in Y LAX-SYD. I was with my bf and when I awoke at the end of the flight, I had 2 bottles of F wine in the seat next to me. The downside-- customs harrassed me about this when I arrived.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
One of the best flights I ever had was on BA from LHR to CAI about 3 years ago.

The entire cabin crew compliment were male. And boy did they flirt with everyone..

It was an interesting flight to say the least...

And the service was top notch to add!
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
OP: Do you mean on-board during the flight, or in the crew hotel during their layover?

Some views/stories on both here.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 4:09 pm

I haven't noticed being treated any better by GLBT FAs. But on an Ansett CNS-SYD flight a few years back we got a couple of bottles of wine from a female FA who was quite obviously someone's hag....
Old Oct 23, 2006, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Seeksreal
I had a very xxx-rated experience on a recent transatlantic flight in the upstairs galley on the 747. The best service any FA has ever given me!!! ^
Well you will have to save that story for Wednsday night
But yes-I have had very good treatment from my brothers(or sisters as the case may be)in the air-Including "special"as in the instance above treatment
Old Oct 23, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Well you will have to save that story for Wednsday night
I'm sworn to secrecy so you'll have to wait until I've had two drinks.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
When I was just 19, I was returning from spring break in London and Paris. On an AA flight LHR-JFK, I was sitting next to another gay male who took interest as soon as I sat down. After the meal, I got up to use the restroom and didn't return until just before landing. The male and female FAs were fighting over who was going to be taking me home when we landed at JFK. There was a German woman FA who was just fabulous and made sure I was well liquored and fed and seriously tried to convince me I shoudl leave JFK during my 6 hour layover. We drank, danced and sang in the galley while the rest of the airplane slept. To this day, that was the best flight I've ever experienced and I was "sitting" in C in a middle seat on a 777!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
My BF and I have gotten (among other things) a free upgrade, a bottle of wine, and unlimited Heineken in addition to lots of "special attention."

Membership has its priviledges.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:13 am

Programs: BA, DL, AA
I do get a bit better treatment not just by family... but also by str8 female crews. I flew once with two co-workers. They sat next to me, but I got better service. When they asked me, I replied that I was smiling.

The better was a pulser than wink at me as I left the plane after a flight with good service. I knew the crew hotel (won't admit why), and if I had not been tired.... I could tell AJ how was the after flight service...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.