Wiki Posts
Search

October 1st

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, British Airways ID, Lloyds TSB Visa Debit Card
October 1st

Not sure if it's been posted already, but look out for Phase 1 of the introduction of NGCW on 1st October.

This phase is really quite exciting. New menus, the removal of Raid the Larder and the introduction of a new onboard product in its place, the introduction of new crockery and soft tray furnishings (napkins, cloths etc).

It's all really, really, very nice.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
So a nice poke in the eye for those of us flying over the next two days then?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:48 pm

Cor sounds nice Tits! I'll be in J from YYZ in early November and I won't sleep at all the previous night... But seriously it does sound like another genuine 'enhancement'. Do you know if it will be introduced fleet wide on that date?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

More an opportunity to enjoy our current product and steal plates for eBay before they're discharged from service.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tits McGhee
This phase is really quite exciting. New menus, the removal of Raid the Larder and the introduction of a new onboard product in its place, the introduction of new crockery and soft tray furnishings (napkins, cloths etc).
No more Cadbury's Caramel mini bars?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any chance of some thicker blankets?

Then we could have a ceremonial burning of the old polyester rags. One match and whole supply would go up in flames.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
More an opportunity to enjoy our current product and steal plates for eBay before they're discharged from service.
So i'll just hoard the lot and if/when I get stopped by customs, i'll say "oh, they said it was OK, they were throwing them out when they got back to London anyway"
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean, if there are any left after they have found their way into the crew bags.... along with the water, the champagne, the choccies, the bogroll, the cushions, the liferafts.....
Old Sep 28, 2006, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
You mean, if there are any left after they have found their way into the crew bags.... along with the water, the champagne, the choccies, the bogroll, the cushions, the liferafts.....
Off to MIA next week - did hear this was one of the routes it was to be started on (not sure if that's still the case) . I'll keep you posted, that is if I can waddle off the aircraft after acquiring all the new goodies.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Bear with me - writing reply at moment but trying to find info.... Standby.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
Cor sounds nice Tits! I'll be in J from YYZ in early November and I won't sleep at all the previous night... But seriously it does sound like another genuine 'enhancement'. Do you know if it will be introduced fleet wide on that date?
Trying to find out for sure right now. Fortunately, details of the new onboard catrering product aren't covered by the Confidentiality Agreement that I have signed that prevents me from discussing the new seat, so I can pass some information on to you.

Right, I've tried to get information from the intranet and while I've found it, it's in PDF format and my connection this evening is ungodly slow.

I will post full details tomorrow. If I remember correctly, however, the new product will go live 1st Oct on all outbound flights but not on inbound flights for a few days. We have to ship out supplies to outstations and they have to get these supplies ready to use.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:32 pm

Am flying to MCO next Wednesday, so will keep my fingers crossed and hope to see some of the enhancements

Thanks,
Boo
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Is this ex LHR on the 1st October or from other destinations too? My GF is taking a J flight from BKK departing in the early hours on the 2nd October, however presumably this flight would have left the UK on the 30th September and thus will not have any new components?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:38 am

I will post full details tomorrow. If I remember correctly, however, the new product will go live 1st Oct on all outbound flights but not on inbound flights for a few days. We have to ship out supplies to outstations and they have to get these supplies ready to use.
Morning Tits. Up and about yet? We're all on tenterhooks!

PS I see you're flying to ISB next month in WT with a 3 day stopover. Have you p****d off someone at Wonderland???
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Then we could have a ceremonial burning of the old polyester rags. One match and whole supply would go up in flames.
I would have thought that would have been rather difficult to do with anything destined for an aircraft. I thought flame-retardant materials was a prerequisite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.