Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles for heroes program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles for heroes program

Does anyone know how many miles (SkyChoice, SkySaver) Delta will charge the military folks on leave? I am going to donate 25K miles, thinking this will be a round trip ticket. But then I thought that these people are probably totally in the dark on how Delta's award progeam works, and may end up getting a much higher mileage (SkyChoice)ticket. Perhaps UDH could shed some light on this. Is Delta going to make every effort to get these folks home on a Skysaver award ticket?

------------------
Richard Laakso PM 2.8MM Starwood platinum
Old Nov 12, 2003, 3:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Can't answer your specific question, but airfares in the Delta Air Lines Supports United States Military's Rest and Relaxation Program are very reasonable for them.

[This message has been edited by jeffreyt (edited Nov 12, 2003).]
Old Nov 12, 2003, 5:57 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I too donated 25K to the program after hearing about it on the Clark Howard show.
It was my understanding that some of the usual restrictions were being waived.
There is information about this on the Delta site and also on clarkhoward.com.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 9:28 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I just had the miles I donated refunded back to my account. I did a search on Delta.com and couldn't find anything on the refund. Does anybody know anything about the program?
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:12 am

DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING GENEROSITY OF OUR SM MBRS...DL HAS SUSPENDED THE ACCEPTANCE OF DONATIONS TO THE SKYMILES FOR HEROES CAMPAIGN. DL AND ITS SKYMILES MEMBERS HAVE DONATED MORE THAN 250 MILLION MILES TO THE PROGRAM..ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THE PROGRAM THROUGH TO ITS DURATION.

In regards to the refund of miles:

DELTA*S SKYMILES FOR HEROES MILEAGE CAMPAIGN WITH THE U.S. MILITARY LAUNCHED IN OCTOBER 2003 AND WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED TO CONCLUDE THIS MONTH. HOWEVER..DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF MILES CONTRIBUTED..THE PROGRAM WAS UNABLE TO MAKE USE OF ALL DONATIONS. THEREFORE..THE MILES DONATED HAVE BEEN RE-DEPOSITED INTO SKYMILES ACCOUNTS.

SkyMiles® program members may now donate miles to assist military heroes. Delta SkyWish™ Program Partners with Fisher House.

I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply. www.delta.com/email

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.