Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Taipei, Zhonghe, New Taipei City, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

NOTES
New Bathtub installation works till August 31, 2016.

PLATINUM BENEFITS (correct as of June 2016)
  • Upgrade to Deluxe Room if available (there are only 2 Suites at this property so not likely to get upgraded to them)
  • Free Mini-bar refilled daily (1 bottle of water, 2 softdrinks, 1 Taiwan beer)
  • Free Hot Steam patches (to keep warm during winter months)
Print Wikipost

Four Points by Sheraton Taipei, Zhonghe, New Taipei City, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2002, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Taipei, Zhonghe, New Taipei City, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Has any stayed at the Four Points in Taipei, how was it ?
Old Mar 7, 2002, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Was planning to stay here last September, but changed to the more central Sheraton Lai Lai which offered a competitive rate and was far more central. Could never find the exact location from the Sheraton guide or web site, but got the impression it was out in a suburb and quite difficult to reach from the airport and city centre, and via subway. Sorry I can't answer your query, but I too would like to find out: where exactly it is, and what it is like?
Old Mar 8, 2002, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Its on the southern side of Taipei, walking distance from Jung Her MRT station, from what I saw on the map on thier web site. There also had photos, looks nice, and coupons online, so maybe I wanted to try, but wondered how it was? I like the Westin, but if its 1/2 price I will try the 4 points
Old Mar 8, 2002, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If it's that close to the MRT, then it would be a worth checking out. When I was last in Taipei, many of the subway lines were flooded so the system was shut down. They had minimal information on the web site.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotel's website is www.fourpoints.com.tw.

I think the map is misleading. It is not close to MRT. I would say it is about half a mile away, through undesirable neighborhood. There is a huge office complex nearby, as well as an industrial park. Other than that, it is not close to anything. I don't think the location is ideal.

The hotel itself is nice and brand new with great service. Rooms on higher floors get free ADSL internet access. I think this hotel is great if you have business to attend nearby, but it is inconvenient if your primary destination is center city Taipei.
Old Jun 28, 2003, 11:44 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Taipei 4 Points Chung Ho [Master Thread]

I'll be staying for the first time at this Four Points hotel in Taipei in late July as part of the 5/50 promo. What is the most cost-effective and/or practical way to get to the hotel from CKS airport and vice versa. Any decent local eateries in the vicinity? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2003, 7:43 pm

bp, just try to stay one night there, whilst it's modern and new, it's not really close to anything from what i've been told.

when u arrive at TPE, i would turn left upon exiting the arrivals doors and walk towards the buses. they're by far the cheapest and they may be going to a location nearby. just ask them.

i'm sure a TPE local could be more helpful! But if not, getting a bus would be great. Also if you get the chance, visit some of their night markets, it's the cheapest way to eat and heaps of fun and the food is spectacular (taiwan has the best street food i've ever had anywhere).
Old Jun 29, 2003, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I agree, the bus is the best option. Much cheaper (3-4 US$) than taxis, and they depart very frequently. Check out the following link for information on the various bus companies.

http://www.cksairport.gov.tw/english...ion/taipei.htm
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Aa far as I know, none of the main TPE blue or red bus routes go into the district where the 4Pts is located. All run to various city centre hotels, and by the main RR/metro station. You may have to alight here, then catch a taxi [8km] or metro [Ching An stn] out to it. The hotel is about 1km from the metro.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
If you are planning a stay at the Four Points, I would recommend changing the stay on the day before your departure from CKS Airport, as I mentioned before the hotel is closer to the freeway which will take you directly to the airport.

However, if you plan to arrive from CKS to the Four Points, the taxi fare would be about $1,000NT ($30US), and shuttle bus to Taipei about $300NT ($10US). You would then have to alight and take a taxi from city center to Chung Ho for about $300NT.

You could also take the shuttle bus to Taipei Main Station and catch the Subway to Ching An Station for $40NT, then a taxi from the Ching An Station for $100NT. This is by far the most cumbersome way to get to the hotel, and as there are construction going on outside the subway station, it can also get messy. Therefore, the cheapest way you can get to the Four Points would be about $450NT. Personally I would either recommend taking a taxi direct to the hotel, or a shuttle/taxi combo.

In doing the shuttle/taxi combo, you would want to alight at the southern most of the scheduled stops, so ask the driver to drop you off at Fu-Shing Rd. South (usual stop is the Howard Plaza Hotel) and take a taxi from there. As soon as you alight many taxi's will come immediately your way. Ask the taxi driver to go to Chung Ho, near the Far Eastern Technology Park or the Chung Ho Interchange of the North #2 Freeway. The hotel is very obscure, so it's wise to print out a CHINESE ADDRESS from the hotel's website. I had a hard time going back to the hotel (and explaining directions to the driver) even when I speak fluent Mandarin.

As others and I have said before, there's nothing interseting in the vicinity of the hotel. If you are not too keen on trying local flavors, you might just dine at the hotel restaurant (the Cafe), which serves buffett meals (B,L,D) for a good price ~$10US. Your room rate will have already included breakfast. While not much of a hotel, it's new and advanced (wireless internet in public areas). As an SPG elite you will be put on floors 10 and above out of 12 floors.

There are plenty of great restaurants in Taipei, but most of them are in small lanes so you would have to be specific about what type of cuisine you are looking for and ask the front desk for recommendations. Most of the department stores/shopping areas are located along Chung Hsiao E. Rd, Tung Hua S. Rd, Fu-Shing S. Rd, and the Hsin-Yi district (Taipei City Hall/Convention Center).

FWIW, the Four Points is good for a single night stay before/after the airport. If you don't have business to deal with in the vicinity, I would recommend the Westin (best location and newer property, for about $2000NT more than the Four Points) or the Sheraton (good location, older property, but huge rooms, for about $500NT more than the Four Points) for tourist "base" purposes. Getting in/out of the Four Points is just too cumbersome (and costly, as each way taxi ride is $100NT to/from the subway) for tourists. At the Westin/Sheraton you are within walking distance of subway stations.

Old Jun 30, 2003, 8:43 pm

The subway at the sheraton is literally on your doorstep, next to the downstairs buffet restaurant.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Thanks so much for your inputs! That's what I love about FT. Special thanks, jkc22 for your detailed response. I might do the bus/taxi route as you suggested if I can solve my luggage problem.

I have a big piece of luggage (plus carryon)when I arrive into TPE. I checked the CKS airport website that jld22 so kindly linked in his reply to see if I can deposit my luggage at the airport and retrieve it on my way out. There are two methods as pointed out on the website:

- bonded baggage service: you deposit at the arrival lobby and retrieve near the boarding gates. Presumably your luggage never legally entered Taiwan. My question is: upon retrieving your bags near the boarding gates, is there a way to check it in to your outbound flight? You are already in the 'sanitized' section (past passenger and baggage check-in and passport control) so I would presume checked bags are verboten. Puzzling!

- passenger baggage deposit service: "The deposit cabinets and service counter are in the departure lobby on the 1st floor. Offers the deposit and claim of baggage by self-service method". My question is: what is the size of the cabinets. Can it accommodate a large luggage (i.e. maximum size per regulation)?

Once again, thanks for your help!
Old Feb 6, 2004, 3:28 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Taipei 4 Points Chung Ho [Master Thread]

I searched the forum, but I did not get the answers I looked for, so I ask myself

Has anybody stayed in this hotel and can give me further information about the walking distance from the nearest MRT station (Ching-An?) and the access to the CKS Airport.

I plan to split my stay there in the three Starwood properties (Four Points, Westin, Sheraton – in the first time, I only thought to stay in the Wstin and the Sheraton, but three hotels in one city is a good change to get stays for requalification); but I am not sure, because the Four Points seems to be located in the suburbs, quite a distance from the centre. With a good access with public transportation, this will be no problem.

If the access to the airport is good, will it be a good hotel for the last night, my flight leaves at 9.00 am

Thanks in advance

Jan

Old Feb 7, 2004, 3:45 am

Programs: UA GS 1M, AA Gold 1M
The Four Points is way in the suburbs. I would not recommend it for someone who has never been to Taipei.

The CKS airport is also quite aways from the city proper. A taxi ride is probably your best bet. Get the hotel to set it up for you.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 8:42 pm

Four Points Taipei is only two blocks away from Chin-An MRT station, and they also provide pick-up service to/from CKS airport. If you know how to get around through MRT or buses, you could still have lots of fun and visit many places.

I have not been to Four Points Taipei, but I had lived in Taipei for four years during my college years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.