Logged in to DM, flight is $1208, not logged in its $450

Old Jun 30, 2006, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Logged in to DM, flight is $1208, not logged in its $450

This keeps happening, if I am logged in to my DM account, a DCA-CMH trip shows as $1208. But when I try and book straight from the home page, it's WAY cheaper.

D*mn this website!
Old Jun 30, 2006, 9:12 am

You have run across the tangible evidence that management devalues frequent flyers.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
I can seat it now, next year a club membership will be $400, but if you're a DM member, there'll be a $500 surcharge!
Old Jun 30, 2006, 10:21 am

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Arrow

Originally Posted by liveon777
This keeps happening, if I am logged in to my DM account, a DCA-CMH trip shows as $1208. But when I try and book straight from the home page, it's WAY cheaper.

You probably have Preferred AutoUpgrade in your profile. This name is misleading.. it is not that you are requesting to be auto-upgraded, but for fares that upgrade you at purchase.

Make sure you are looking for lowest available fare. ^
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:18 am

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.

D*mn this website!
You definitely need to look at your profile. I think there is a very good chance you are set up for upgradeable immediately fares.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that very well may be the problem. Now I have to navigate the site and find out how to change it!!

Happy travels
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:19 pm

Programs: Now a lowly US PP
I had the same problem with the auto upgrade feature. The name is certainly misleading.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Gretchyn
I had the same problem with the auto upgrade feature. The name is certainly misleading.
Please explain the "auto upgrade feature" issue.

Never mind--I see it in a previous post and I understand it is misleading!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Thanks, that very well may be the problem. Now I have to navigate the site and find out how to change it!!
Happy travels
Log in, go to Update My Account, then Flight Preferences. Choose your flight preference from the dropdown menu named Ticket Type.

If you click on the red question mark beside Ticket Type, it defines the different choices as follows:

Help with Tickets

Coach Class
Coach Class is US Airways' standard cabin selection for all domestic and international itineraries. You can choose from:

Coach Lowest Available Coach Class ticket for the lowest available fare. Tickets are nonrefundable. A change fee applies ($100 for domestic flights, $200 for international flights) plus any difference in fares.

Coach Unrestricted Fully refundable Coach Class ticket. Tickets may be changed at any time without penalty.

First Class
First Class is US Airways' premier cabin selection for eligible domestic itineraries. Envoy Class is the premier class of service on US Airways transatlantic flights. If you have selected a First Class itinerary with a European origin or destination, the transatlantic legs will be booked in Envoy Class. You can choose from:

First Lowest Available First Class ticket for the lowest available fare. Tickets are nonrefundable. A change fee applies ($100 for domestic flights, $200 for international flights) plus any difference in fares.

First Unrestricted Fully refundable First Class ticket. Tickets may be changed at any time without penalty.

Preferred Auto Upgrades
This is an unrestricted Coach Class ticket. By selecting this ticket type, Dividend Miles Preferred members will be automatically upgraded to First Class seating free of charge when seats are available. The confirmation page will let you know whether the attempt to upgrade has been successful.

Please note: All passengers in a reservation must be Dividend Miles Preferred members. If all passengers are not Preferred, your party will be seated in Coach Class.
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Awesome, thanks for the help. I think I got it taken care of.
I made the change and then went back to book an itin and looks like I got the low fare instead of the atmospheric pricing.

Thanks again! ^
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:00 pm

I made the change and then went back to book an itin and looks like I got the low fare instead of the atmospheric pricing.

Thanks again! ^
You are welcome!
Old Jul 5, 2006, 4:34 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National

Thanks again! ^
Yes, welcome to the (in)famous HP website.. glad we can help with the confusion.... I know this new US site has not been thought through as a total redesign.. but a "clean-up" of the old HP site...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.