Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Arrow Le Meridien Barcelona, Spain [Master Thread]

A fall trip to Barcelona looks likely. Does anyone have any experience at Le Meridien there? Or other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:54 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
We will be there next month. I will post our experiences as Gold members. I too would love to hear from anyone who has been there recently.

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: LH, SPG, HHonors, MR
don't know the meridien, but due to fortunate circumstances i received a suite upgrade at the http://www.grandmarinahotel.com/ -- great hotel, highly recommended. not a SPG property, though.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 5:12 pm

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
I've always been partial to the Claris in BCN. I can reccomend without reservation.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:41 pm
rje

Programs: Marriott Gold,United Silver,Delta Silver,Hhonors Diamond., SPG platinum, Priority Club Plat.
Great location.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:44 pm

decent property with a great location. Stayed there two years ago but stayed at the Hotel Arts (Ritz) in Barca a week or so before the stay at the Le Meridien so I may be a little slanted from my view.

However, it didn't meet expectations from previous LeMeridien's I'd been at room quality wise. However the staff was extremely attentive and made up for the rooms. They were in serious need of refurb at the time though.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:48 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Location location... that's what this hotel is all about..
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by WBurcham
decent property with a great location. Stayed there two years ago ...

However, it didn't meet expectations from previous LeMeridien's I'd been at room quality wise. However the staff was extremely attentive and made up for the rooms. They were in serious need of refurb at the time though.
If my memory isn't failing me completely, I think they did a refurbishment shortly before this property joined SPG.

Oh wait...just found this on the website:

Our hotel is currently undergoing a 25 million Euro refurbishment programme that is expected to be finished by early spring 2007.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:33 am

Great location but all else ...

is not that great. As previous posters have commented it is in a great location. Not sure you could beat it. Just got back from a stay there and was fairly disappointed. Few comments:

- undergoing renovations - it needs it, our room was very tired.

- no upgrade - indicated that all the suites were currently being renovated, could not explain why the website was trying to sell an upgrade but the platinum upgrade was not forth coming

- platinum amentity - there is not one, when asked was told that they have the check list of what you can pick but just have not implemented it yet, maybe next month was the response

- late check out - asked for the late check out and was told I could not have it. When I pointed out that it is supposed to be a right of a platinum, was told that it was based on availability, I reminded them that this was for upgrades (what is a guaranteed late check out if it is not guaranteed). I was then told that there was another platinum waiting for my room (so they did not want to honer the late check out but were more than willing to let someone check in early). They ended up giving it to me but I hurried up and got out of there not too much after the cut-off. Hope the platinum was not an FTer.

Had a great time in Barcelona and suspect that once it is remodeled and they figure out what it is to be a *wood property things will get better.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by SFOAmdam
is not that great. As previous posters have commented it is in a great location. Not sure you could beat it. Just got back from a stay there and was fairly disappointed. Few comments:

- undergoing renovations - it needs it, our room was very tired.

- no upgrade - indicated that all the suites were currently being renovated, could not explain why the website was trying to sell an upgrade but the platinum upgrade was not forth coming

- platinum amentity - there is not one, when asked was told that they have the check list of what you can pick but just have not implemented it yet, maybe next month was the response

- late check out - asked for the late check out and was told I could not have it. When I pointed out that it is supposed to be a right of a platinum, was told that it was based on availability, I reminded them that this was for upgrades (what is a guaranteed late check out if it is not guaranteed). I was then told that there was another platinum waiting for my room (so they did not want to honer the late check out but were more than willing to let someone check in early). They ended up giving it to me but I hurried up and got out of there not too much after the cut-off. Hope the platinum was not an FTer.

Had a great time in Barcelona and suspect that once it is remodeled and they figure out what it is to be a *wood property things will get better.
I would contact Corporate Customer Service if I were you...

-Vincent
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:52 pm
ZME

Programs: AA & Marriott Plat
Was there last week.

The location is central. Personally, I prefer the Eixample to the Ramblas, but the hotel is only a couple of blocks from the edge of the Eixample.

As a plat, I wasn't upgraded to a suite. We were given a renovated room on the 3rd floor which overlooked a side street. Was presented with a platinum ammenity card at checkin. It had the standard European choices - bottle of wine, free movie, etc.

The room was decent sized by European standards. It was done in the very "W-like" style that is popular in BCN. Bathroom walls were all frosted glass. Bath and closet doors were sliders. The closet was a bit over designed and had little hanging space. Really liked the turbo charged electric teapot on a cool sliding shelf. The stainless coffee mugs looked great, but conducted heat to your lips a bit too well The room had a huge plasma screen TV mounted to one wall, but who comes to Barcelona to watch TV?

Otherwise a fairly solid hotel. The staff were pretty friendly. The lobby is underwhelming at best. Had a drink in the bar which is a nice space, but not particularly happening.

Might stay there again when in Barcelona. Then again, we may try a different property in the Eixample.
Old May 13, 2006, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Arrow Le Meridien Barcelona (Master Thread)

I am considering 3 nights in Barcelona and 3 nights in Madrid on points in July with my wife.

I am planning on staying at the Park Hyatt in Madrid.

As for Barcelona, what about Le Meridien for a Platinum?

Also, wouldn't mind some input re: Madrid on the Westin vs. the Park Hyatt for Hyatt Diamond/SPG Platinum?
Old May 13, 2006, 9:34 pm

Never stayed at Le in BCN. I have stayed at The Westin Palace in Madrid. EXCELLENT especially for Platinum Starwood members. ^

For my review and comments from others...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...+PALACE+MADRID
Old May 14, 2006, 6:20 am

Barcelona

Did not have a good experience. There is an earlier thread on this but quick summary is that there is construction going on, rooms are tired, no platinum upgrade given, no platinum amenity given (although I understand others did receive), had to argue to get late check out, room was not very well cleaned (garbage between bed and night stand, and glass of wine left for a few days are examples).

However the location is great.
Old May 14, 2006, 6:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
We left the Le Meridian Barcelona last week. We enjoyed our stay there. I used points for a Jr. Suite. for 5 nights. 46K pts. As a Gold I didnt want to take a chance on an upgrade. Upon checkin, we were told that all of the suites superior to ours were under renovation, but the clerk made it seem like had they been available, we would have been upgraded.

Hotel is in a great location. Not particularly lavish, looks like they are undergoing a complete renovation. We were not bothered by construction noise at any time.

I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. We are presently still in Spain and I am unsure of when I will be online again. Will be home next week and I will be happy to help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.