Delay for realizing Elite status

Old May 28, 2006, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Delay for realizing Elite status

On Tuesday I will reach the Elite Status. I am curious how long I will have to wait for Aeroplan and A/C to update their systems so that I am recognized as Elite to obtain the benefits. I have a 2 hr layover in YUL next monday morning and want to ensure that I will be able to access the MLL to relax and be able to get some work done.

Thanks for the info.
Old May 29, 2006, 5:27 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
They usually update on a Sunday, so if your flights post, which they should, then you would be fine for next Monday.
Old May 29, 2006, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree with Academic.Many here call it the 'Sunday Sweep.'
Old May 29, 2006, 6:43 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Plan ahead for your layover.
Tip #1 Visit the AE website and print off the page showing your E status.
Tip #2 Call AC (after the status has been updated on the AE website) and ask the CSR to delete your FF# from the PNR, close the PNR, open the PNR and add your FF# with the E status. This should cause your E status to be properly reflected on the BP... as long as your C/I for your flight after the status update and not at the 24-hr web C/I window.
--
13F
Old May 29, 2006, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Plan ahead for your layover.
Tip #1 Visit the AE website and print off the page showing your E status.
Tip #2 Call AC (after the status has been updated on the AE website) and ask the CSR to delete your FF# from the PNR, close the PNR, open the PNR and add your FF# with the E status. This should cause your E status to be properly reflected on the BP... as long as your C/I for your flight after the status update and not at the 24-hr web C/I window.
--
13F
That is all assuming status does indeed quickly get updated on the aeroplan web site.

Anyway, in YUL that may work. Last I was there, the SE thing on my BP was enough to satisfy the watchdog. But don't expect anything to work at YYZ, short of your aeroplan card showing proper status.
Old May 29, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by Stranger
That is all assuming status does indeed quickly get updated on the aeroplan web site.

Anyway, in YUL that may work. Last I was there, the SE thing on my BP was enough to satisfy the watchdog. But don't expect anything to work at YYZ, short of your aeroplan card showing proper status.
Should work in YYZ as well. I can't remember the last time I have ever had to show my membership card.
Old May 29, 2006, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stinger
Should work in YYZ as well. I can't remember the last time I have ever had to show my membership card.
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll likely just bring my Elite welcome email or a screen print of my aeroplan flight segments and status miles as proof. I've earned it so I will ensure that I at least get part of the benefits from day 1, knowing A/C has many operational inefficencies and probably will be delayed updating their systems.

**Now every A/C supporter that was your entry line to start defending your beloved airline!...looking forward to your comments!!**
Old May 29, 2006, 2:46 pm
At Large

Originally Posted by JoshKleiman
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll likely just bring my Elite welcome email or a screen print of my aeroplan flight segments and status miles as proof. I've earned it so I will ensure that I at least get part of the benefits from day 1, knowing A/C has many operational inefficencies and probably will be delayed updating their systems.

**Now every A/C supporter that was your entry line to start defending your beloved airline!...looking forward to your comments!!**
Remember that once a whiner always a whiner......how apologetic is that?
Old May 29, 2006, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by parnel
Remember that once a whiner always a whiner......how apologetic is that?
Parnel...you need to have a sense of humor! Stop taking it so seriously! Anyways I'm off to YUL!
Old May 29, 2006, 3:01 pm
At Large

Parnel...you need to have a sense of humor! Stop taking it so seriously! Anyways I'm off to YUL!
I have a more well placed sense of humour than most here......you need to chill a little
Old May 29, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
I'll likely just bring my Elite welcome email...
There's an Elite welcome email?
Old May 29, 2006, 5:11 pm

Programs: several
Originally Posted by antirealist
There's an Elite welcome email?
Hey...I never got one of those either!
Old May 29, 2006, 5:46 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Talking

I have a more well placed sense of humour than most here.....
..... Ok.
Old May 29, 2006, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a more well placed sense of humour than most here......you need to chill a little

Just curious, in which part of your body is it placed? (Assuming it's not elsewhere that is.)

Old May 29, 2006, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stinger

Last time I was there they sure did. The SE on the boarding pass was not enough for the dragon lady, no sir that's not reliable.

I can't however remember when I was in YYZ before that... I now try my best only to connect at YYZ when on a pass so that the YYZ coonection tax is picked up by their accomplice, AC that is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.