Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Record the time for a completed transfer from Club Rewards to the partner program.

OneWorld
British Airways: 2 days (Wed); 2 business days (Fri)

SkyTeam
Delta Airlines: 3 days (Wed)

Star Alliance
Air Canada: 2 Days - Wednesday 1/14 AM to Friday 1/16 after 9 PM
SAS: 13 Days (Thu - Wed)
South African Airways:
Thai Airways:

Independent
Alaska Airlines: 3 days (Thu); 3 days (Fri)
El Al Airlines:
Hawaiian Airlines:
Iceland Air:
Southwest Airlines: 6 business days (Tue); 4 business days (Tue)
Virgin Atlantic: 11 days (Thu); 5 days (Wed) 11 days (Sun); 10 Days (Sat)

Hotels
Best Western: 6 business days (Thu)
Choice: 5 business days (Fri)
Hilton:
Intercontinental Hotel Group: 7 days (Mon)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2002, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

As tempting or convenient as it may be to request a Diners Club Club Rewards transfer Online, you may save days (or even weeks, yikes!) by using the telephone instead. This has been my experience in real time and was validated by more than one Club Rewards Customer Service Rep I spoke with when inquiring about the delay of my online transfers.

Diners online transfer requests leave much to be desired IMHO, at this time, timewisely speaking. And time usually matters to me. My telephone requests have usually posted in about three days! High marks there.

------------------
You can gamble for matchsticks and you can gamble for gold, but if you haven't gambled for love and lost, then you haven't gambled at all.
Old Jun 17, 2002, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, MRLIMO, that is very good information.

birdstrike
Old Jun 19, 2002, 11:59 am

Programs: 5/1/81 AA Member,1MM
I have made most of my transfers online since last fall,and all have posted to my AA account within 4 days. It may depend solely on the airline with some airlines linked directly by computer.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ejward2000:
It may depend solely on the airline with some airlines linked directly by computer.</font>
That very well may be the situation ejward2000. However, I was informed on two separate occasions by different reps that "the department that handles online requests is backlogged and it would have been quicker to call in" my transfer requests. Each time the rep offered to take the information again and process it as a call-in request and assured me the credits would probably post faster. My two separate requests were during the last 45 days for Southwest credits. I just got the overall impression that at this point in time at least, calling in is the better method. I was impressed with their customer service.

------------------
You can gamble for matchsticks and you can gamble for gold, but if you haven't gambled for love and lost, then you haven't gambled at all.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 4:29 pm
Suspended

I do believe this is an airline specific problem. I did two online tranfers recently ( within the last 10 days) from both my wife's card and mine to our repective AA acounts both posted within 4 days, about the same time it has taken in the past.
Mike
Old Jun 23, 2002, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MRLIMO:
However, I was informed on two separate occasions by different reps that "the department that handles online requests is backlogged and it would have been quicker to call in" my transfer requests.</font>
Isn't this amazing? This situation encourages people to use the most expensive way to make a transfer request. You'd think they'd want to encourage people to use the web interface. The wording of the above statement strongly implies that there is some sort of manual process involved. It sounds to me that rather than do it right, someone slapped together a web interface. At the very least, it would be nice if the web site disclosed the fact that web requests would take longer, so that people in a hurry would know to call instead.

As an aside, my experience with making requests over the phone is that you should always call during times when the Club Rewards department is open and speak to them directly. They will enter the transaction while you're on the phone, and give you a confirmation number. If you make the request to regular customer service when Club Rewards is closed, you don't get a confirmation number, because they must send a manual request to Club Rewards to be entered the next day. At least this was how it worked a couple of years ago.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 11:10 am

Rapid posting of DC points to BA

I transferred 40K DC points to BA miles on 8/3---they showed up in my BA account in 4 days!!!

------------------
AA 3MM, AA EXP, MR Gold
Agree to TCC code.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 2:37 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Over the past few years, I have transferred DC points to many accounts in order to "top them off". You are correct that British Airways points transfer quickly and I have had the same experience.

I have also transferred points to American, United, Northwest, Alaska and have points transfer in a few days.

The only bad experience I had was transferring a couple of thousand points to LatinPass which took about 6 weeks.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Aug 9, 2002, 2:38 pm

Did you have to pay a fee? I just transferred mine as I do every year, and this time the DC service rep said I had to pay $23.04 to do the transfer.
Old Aug 9, 2002, 10:16 pm

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
what about posting from an AA certificate to BA? Mine went in USPS about 2 1/2 weeks ago and still hasn't shown up at diners (then to BA) I call daily and am a bit embarassed when I ask my point balance and it is 562 vs. 50,562!
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mat935:

I transferred 40K DC points to BA miles on 8/3---they showed up in my BA account in 4 days!!!

</font>
Did you pay anything extra to expedite this? Last week DC told me that normal transfer time is around two weeks, but they could do 48 hours with a $35 fee.
Old Aug 12, 2002, 11:11 am

BA and DC's programs are both operated by the same company, Carlson Marketing.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 1:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by billmc:
Did you have to pay a fee? I just transferred mine as I do every year, and this time the DC service rep said I had to pay $23.04 to do the transfer.</font>
Isn't this the new $0.98 fee they charge per 1000 miles or something?
Old Aug 19, 2002, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
They are now charging 0.95 per 1000 miles gained through transfer (2000 during the BA 2::1 promo), regardless of speed of transfer. The fee is not an expedition fee. It's nonsense to suggest that paying the fee will somehow move things along faster; there is no "fast track" available. I just ordered 50,000 points transferred to my BA account via the DC website late Thursday night, and they showed up in my BA account on Monday afternoon.

[This message has been edited by BearX220 (edited 08-19-2002).]
Old Aug 20, 2002, 10:28 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I placed the transfer order on the 14th, and they posted this morning. No expedite fees.

200k miles - now it's time to book those F tix for next summer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.