Jumbo Shrimp and Gruyere Cabbage Salad
Tuna Pastrami with Grapes and Almonds
Apples and Celeriac in Dijon Vinaigrette with Chestnuts
Air dried Roast Beef filled with marinated Cucumbers

Soup:
Vichysoisse
Bread, Rolls, Toast and Butter

Entrees:
Tenderloin of Beef with Mushroom Crust in light caramel Soy Sauce, Beets and Polenta
Fillet of Cod Fish topped with Chorizo, Sherry Vinegar Sauce, Haricot Tarbais and Bean Puree
Breast of Corn fed Chicken served with Watercress Mustard Sauce, Tagliatelle Pasta and Broccoli with Almonds
Ricotta Ravioli in Marjoram Butter with Swiss Chard

Cheese and Desert:

International Assortment of Cheese
Mocha Walnut Dome with Coffee Ice Cream and Amaretto Gelee
Raspberry Sorbet and Buttermilk Panna Cotta

Inflight Snack:

Tartlet with venison Ham and Mushroom Tartare
Quark Cheese Roll
Porcini flavored Roast Beef
Fruit Tart
Baumkuchen
Fresh Fruit

Before Landing Meal:

Gravlax with Green Asparagus
Root vegetables with ELK Ham
Potato Cucumber Salad
Sauteed Crimini Mushrooms
Potatoes and Veal with cornichons
Shrimp in herped Crepe
Bread Rolls and Butter
Cream Cake with Cherries
Fresh Fruits

BEFORE LANDING IN SFO THEY OFFERED A SCANDINAVIAN BUFFET WITH HOT AND COLD SPECIALTIES.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:31 am
Uli

thx, but you are posting this on the vary last day as the menu will change with outbound flights to the May/June menu on May 1st
Old May 1, 2006, 10:41 am

This might be a good start to collect some menus from C/F flights. I know the guys on the SQ-forum do that. It helps to get an impression what the service looks like on a particular route even if menus change every two months. Remember all the questions which are asked concerning service and food on route XXX-XXX etc.
Old May 1, 2006, 11:16 am

Flew FRA-TLV in F last week - menu was identical to the first meal menu here (all the same courses and options) - just no snacks and second service, as this is not required on the 3 hour flight to TLV...
Old May 1, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: LH
Are you allowed to get two main courses if you're hungry?
Old May 1, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: LH , DL
Originally Posted by flo-e
Normally (LH rules) not, but if the F/A is nice and you smile you´ll get another one.

see you
Old May 1, 2006, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpberendes
This might be a good start to collect some menus from C/F flights. I know the guys on the SQ-forum do that. It helps to get an impression what the service looks like on a particular route even if menus change every two months...
Whoever is interested in airlinemeals and/or discussions about airlinemeals maybe its worth to look at a well established web-page.

However, if someone is interested in airline-spoons, I come up with three different options (sorry I forgot to mention Jack's Airline Collectibles).

Have fun!
Old May 1, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by flo-e
On a full F cabin that'll be a tough one. On a cabin with 2 or 3 pax things completely change.
Old May 1, 2006, 11:04 pm

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by W.R.S.
Normally (LH rules) not, but if the F/A is nice and you smile you´ll get another one.

see you
Thanks for the answers. They throw away whatever they didn't use at the end of the flight anyway, don't they?!
Old May 2, 2006, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD / MM SEN
well, i ask for second serving due to the fact that the portions are really on the small side....first time on any airline in first i received a short and strict: NO! Cabin was not fully booked, around 8 Pax.
Old May 2, 2006, 3:46 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by slasdempo
well, i ask for second serving due to the fact that the portions are really on the small side....first time on any airline in first i received a short and strict: NO! Cabin was not fully booked, around 8 Pax.
well, LH First caters in sets of 4 so if there were 8 pax on board, there were probably 8 meals on board.
Old May 2, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
I'm always amazed on people, who can eat more, than offered. When looking on two rounds of appetizers, soup or salad, main course, cheese and cakes, followed by a choice of chocolates this seems to be more, than enough. I usually can eat a lot, but never ever ended up hungry in the air (usually the opposite). And I never was able to even grap from each offer.

To the OP:

Had the following excellent (!) choices last week Monday on that flight:

Hors d oeuvre from the appetizer Cart:
Caviar with traditional Garnishes
Jumbo Shrimp and Gruyere Cabbage Salad
Tuna Pastrami with Grapes and Almonds
Air dried Roast Beef filled with marinated Cucumbers

Soup:
Vichysoisse
Bread, Rolls, Toast and Butter

Entrees:
Tenderloin of Beef with Mushroom Crust in light caramel Soy Sauce, Beets and Polenta

Will be on the same flight next Monday. So I am open for a changed menu, although it was a great meal anyway.
Old May 2, 2006, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I'm always amazed on people, who can eat more, than offered. When looking on two rounds of appetizers, soup or salad, main course, cheese and cakes, followed by a choice of chocolates this seems to be more, than enough. I usually can eat a lot, but never ever ended up hungry in the air (usually the opposite). And I never was able to even grap from each offer.
Same here. Even in C, they usually offer me more than I can possibly eat, not to mention that I don't feel comfortable sleeping after eating too much. And I usually skip breakfast on my eastbound overnighters (some fruit at max), it's just too much. In F, I couldn't possible eat everything they offer me, I usually try to sample this and that.

When I was still poor and even more stupid than I'm now (so flying F was something rare and special), I made the mistake to try to optimize the experience by not skipping meals. Luckily, I have moved on beyond that, and as it turns out, my flight experience has vastly improved by NOT "optimizing" it.
Old May 2, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: M&M
You can still go to the FCT before or after your flight to eat more ...

Oliver
Old May 2, 2006, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flysurfer
... Even in C, they usually offer me more than I can possibly eat, not to mention that I don't feel comfortable sleeping after eating too much. And I usually skip breakfast on my eastbound overnighters (some fruit at max), it's just too much.
You find a different opinion here:
… it seems that Interconti C has reached a level where it would not be blasphemy to compare the food on LH Interconti C with KLM Interconti Y 1 or 2 years ago and I did not smoke pot or had too many beers.

Asian chicken salad, which sounds good was a plate of 5 pieces of sliced cucumber, 4 or 5 julienne carrots sticks and three small pieces of chicken and that was the appetizer , was served with a really really small bowl of green salad and 4 pieces of beetroot...

Seriously the breakfast consisted of an omelette ( plain tasteless ), 4 small pieces of potatoes and one piece of sausage, the fruit bowl consisted of 2 slices of orange and 2 slices of grapefruit and 4 blueberries, in addition to that one could take a bakery item, seconds were offered, however I had to beg for a second 14.2 g plastic container of jam or 20 g container of Nutella and we are talking about a US West Coast departure, so 10+ hours flight…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.