[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Subscribe
To answer the previous questions - it appears that if you didn't get a tkt # on Orbitz, no reinstatement. I'm on the phone with them right now, but it looks bleak.
I have numbers from CT,what gives?
Has anyone had any luck with Cheap Tickets? I have conf. number and ticket #'s, but not tracking #.
:(
Received @ 17:19 PDT
Quote:
Dear Orbitz traveler,

This message concerns your recent request on Orbitz.

Due to a data-entry error by Alitalia, an inaccurate business-class fare for flights between Toronto, Canada, and Larnaca, Cyprus, was posted on several online travel sites, including Orbitz.

Your request was received after this error was detected and was in the process of being corrected. As a result your booking request was not ticketed and will not be honored by Alitalia. Orbitz is issuing a refund for the service fee, and your account should be credited within 3 to 5 business days. You were not charged for the flight by Alitalia.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit Orbitz at www.orbitz.com if you want to make a new reservation.

We look forward to serving all your future travel needs.

The OrbitzTLC Team
Quote: You kicked us out for a couple of hours, what do you expect? Shall we head for 3000 posts tonight?

I think the 500 tickets may be a bit low. I think once we add Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz together, I'd guess 800-1000.
Touche - 3000 shouldn't be a problem - it's only 8:45 here on the east coast!

500 tickets is pretty low, IMHO - but I seriously doubt they'll release the actual numbers!
Quote: You kicked us out for a couple of hours, what do you expect? Shall we head for 3000 posts tonight?

I think the 500 tickets may be a bit low. I think once we add Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz together, I'd guess 800-1000.
I was the one that reported 500 tix sold on Orbitz. An Orbitz CSR gave me the figure. So I think it's probable more like 2000 total across all TAs.
Quote: Quote:
Dear Orbitz traveler,

This message concerns your recent request on Orbitz.

Due to a data-entry error by Alitalia, an inaccurate business-class fare for flights between Toronto, Canada, and Larnaca, Cyprus, was posted on several online travel sites, including Orbitz.

Your request was received after this error was detected and was in the process of being corrected. As a result your booking request was not ticketed and will not be honored by Alitalia. Orbitz is issuing a refund for the service fee, and your account should be credited within 3 to 5 business days. You were not charged for the flight by Alitalia.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please visit Orbitz at www.orbitz.com if you want to make a new reservation.

We look forward to serving all your future travel needs.

The OrbitzTLC Team

I had ticket numbers, called Orbitz 2 hrs ago they said that they shipped via UPS overnight and gave me the tracking number. I then called UPS who said they were scheduled to deliver them but Orbitz never gave them anything to deliver for me. Call Orbitz back and the CSR tells me that they needed to verify my shipping addy which is different from CC billing addy. That's OK. But for ticket #2 (same dates but different name) she tells me that Alitalia cancelled BOTH tickets and I'm SOL. I didn't fight. My GF didn't want me to go anyway. Says I travel too much.

Oh well...
Quote: I was the one that reported 500 tix sold on Orbitz. An Orbitz CSR gave me the figure. So I think it's probable more like 2000 total across all TAs.
Well, I'm talking about people who got actual ticket numbers, and not just the confirmed messages.

Again, I have a total of 4 tickets booked, and multiply that by 100 FTers, plus 100-200 lurkers, and I'm sure than some have way more than 4 booked. (I only booked for a family vacation, and then 1 for myself).

Once it hit Farealert, I'm sure they were just flooded with stuff.
Quote: I was the one that reported 500 tix sold on Orbitz. An Orbitz CSR gave me the figure. So I think it's probable more like 2000 total across all TAs.
I'm willing to bet that while there may have been 1000+ bookings, the number of actual TICKETS issued proved to be far lower, and a number that presumably AZ could ultimately live with (albeit with some uber-shrewd revenue management for the next few months).
Quote: did u have ticket #s?
nop.. I was one of the few that booked this right when the FareAlert was going off...
my reservation showed "confirmed" and seats assigned , w/o tix #s for about 30 hours I would say. It's certainly after the 24-hour mark...uh..
Quote: My GF didn't want me to go anyway. Says I travel too much.
Show her who the boss is!

Women come and go, but miles are forever!
Quote:
Show her who the boss is!

Women come and go, but miles are forever!
You made my night!
I went to bed here in Japan at page 100 when I last checked, and this fridaymorning it was at page 144, the thread being temporarily locked... What I can read back in a decent amount of time, is that Alitalia is going to honour all TICKETED reservations, right?

And: Did anyone record the CNN-story, or have a link to it? As I missed it obviously.
Quote: I went to bed here in Japan at page 100 when I last checked, and this fridaymorning it was at page 144, the thread being temporarily locked... What I can read back in a decent amount of time, is that Alitalia is going to honour all TICKETED reservations, right?

And: Did anyone record the CNN-story, or have a link to it? As I missed it obviously.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/06042006/...flight-40.html

here PJK!have fun at the Hilton!