Swiss and Hapagfly?

Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Originally Posted by zuricher
Same info as above + pictures + greetings from Mr Franz:
http://www.swiss.com/web/IE6/d_flyer...apag-lloyd.pdf

thanks a lot

here is the English version

http://www.swiss.com/web/IE6/e_flyer...apag-lloyd.pdf
Old Apr 28, 2006, 7:19 pm

I would cancel. The planes are old and uncomfortable at least in Y.
Old May 2, 2006, 4:13 am

Programs: M&M: HON/*GOLD
Originally Posted by airoli
While this is speculation on my part, Swiss' answer in post #26 seems to suggest that they might be fitting this aircraft with their own A330-style seats in C...

A new press release by SWISS states, that the seat comfort on the leased A-300-600 is identical in both C and Y classes to LX standard A-330. Moreover, it says that the aircraft will be depoloyed until the end of the summertimetable. Afterwards Amadeus for example shows A-330 operation by LX on the NBO-DAR route. So I wonder where they will get the additional capacity from. Any ideas?

On a similar note, Lufthansa is re-equipping four of its own A-300-600 for medium-haul operation with an enhanced C-product. They are planned for such routes as Cairo, Almaty etc.
Old May 12, 2006, 2:38 am

Browsing through the Swiss forum and found this thread. Going on LX 276/277 (ARN-ZRH-NSI) in C. Checked my ticket and of course, code share HAPAGFLY in an A-300. This is really depressing. Dont really know what to do.
Old May 12, 2006, 5:00 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by anbrand
Browsing through the Swiss forum and found this thread. Going on LX 276/277 (ARN-ZRH-NSI) in C. Checked my ticket and of course, code share HAPAGFLY in an A-300. This is really depressing. Dont really know what to do.
I don't understand why everybody is so "depressed" about this flight? Is that a real issue? As far as I know the service is from Swiss, the seating is similar to A330 on Swiss and all C pax can get a DVD player. It could be worse, really...
Old Jun 5, 2006, 6:35 am

Programs: 2014 : BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum for Life , LH/LX Senator, Emirates Gold, Etihad Gold, CX Plat
Has anybody already fly with them ? (in C)
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K; UA MM
Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Has anybody already fly with them ? (in C)
I just flew this aircraft on Monday, 5 June from ZRH to NBO. The seat is the size of a domestic first-class seat, with the same angle of decline but w/ a footrest. There is at least 50+ inches of pitch, and the level of service was absolutely top-notch; really good food, good wine selection, and lots of FAs for a 36-seat business class section. The Hapagfly FAs are all young and enthusiastic (if unused to working an LX flight, & therefore unfamiliar with the LX product). The portable DVD player is nice, although the film selection is slightly limited. With the exception of the width of the seats, the Hapagfly-operated A300-600 is completely fine as an international C class.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by crippy
I just flew this aircraft on Monday, 5 June from ZRH to NBO. The seat is the size of a domestic first-class seat, with the same angle of decline but w/ a footrest. There is at least 50+ inches of pitch, and the level of service was absolutely top-notch; really good food, good wine selection, and lots of FAs for a 36-seat business class section. The Hapagfly FAs are all young and enthusiastic (if unused to working an LX flight, & therefore unfamiliar with the LX product). The portable DVD player is nice, although the film selection is slightly limited. With the exception of the width of the seats, the Hapagfly-operated A300-600 is completely fine as an international C class.

Thanks I have take the 7 C, first row for the night flight
Old Jun 18, 2006, 1:19 am

Programs: too many...
Took the flight two days ago from NBO to ZRH. The C on this routing certainly beats LH old C e.g. on the JNB route. Service was very attentive. No recognition of HON whatsoever, but then its nice to sometimes travel incognito.

Only downpoint was a two hour delay and no information beforehand. SMS also works in Nairobi...

Originally Posted by Belgian in Paris
Thanks I have take the 7 C, first row for the night flight
Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by JNBHEL
Took the flight two days ago from NBO to ZRH. The C on this routing certainly beats LH old C e.g. on the JNB route. Service was very attentive. No recognition of HON whatsoever, but then its nice to sometimes travel incognito.

Only downpoint was a two hour delay and no information beforehand. SMS also works in Nairobi...

Just back too. Flight was good. No complain. I haven't received any DVD player but I was maybee asleep too early ...

No full breakfast (only continental 1 hour before landing).
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by fratboy
If there's one consolation you will definitely accrue mileage for the UA operated flights. So long as your ticket has a flight carrying an LX flight number, even codeshares operated by another carrier, you can collect miles. Besides, by the time you travel Swiss - like UA- will have been a Star Alliance member for several months.
I don't think that's correct. I think the Star Alliance rules are that flights operated by a third carrier, even with a star alliance flight number, don't count unless the mileage program you want credit for has an arrangement with that operating carrier. Even if you somehow get RDMs, I'll bet you don't get EQMs.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:42 am

Programs: Aguas Claras
I have flown DAR-ZRH in June, another ZRH-DAR-ZRH RT in July and am planning to do another RT in early August on this aircraft.

I flew into Africa on LX - ZRH-JNB with the new C class seats and was very disappointed. To me the LH seats are far superior in being less slippery and overall more comfortable in the lie-down position.

The HapagFly seats, although the older style Swiss seats are definitely better than the old LH C class seats. I actually had a good nights' sleep on the DAR-ZRH flight.

I agree that the young crew was very competent and friendly.

The only issue I have with the ZRH-DAR leg is that it is a day flight without Flynet. I did not use the DVD player as I prefer to read and listen to my own music (besides the fact that the movie selection was quite limited).

Before I took the first flight with HapagFly, I even considered changing my routing to ZRH-JNB-DAR-JNB-ZRH but after the first time - I didn't think I would ever say this but - I am actually looking forward flying them again as for me they were overall pleasant flights and beats the heck out of adding a few more hours in the air going via JNB. (Yes, I would need the extra miles for HON but I prefer to leave home later and arrive earlier).

:unknowns:
Old Aug 2, 2006, 1:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold
Question End of the summer ?

Originally Posted by anewsenator
Moreover, it says that the aircraft will be depoloyed until the end of the summertimetable. Afterwards Amadeus for example shows A-330 operation by LX on the NBO-DAR route. So I wonder where they will get the additional capacity from. Any ideas?
No ideas on the additional capacity. However, I'm interested because I'm trying to book a Star Alliance award flight from SFO -> ZRH -> DAR for mid-November.

Wouldn't the summer timetable be finished by then? If so, and it's showing A-330 on Amadeus, does that mean they'll be three class flights again (F, C and Y?)

I'm not going to try and book F if it's only a C class product all the way from ZRH to DAR.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by FruJu
Wouldn't the summer timetable be finished by then? If so, and it's showing A-330 on Amadeus, does that mean they'll be three class flights again (F, C and Y?)
Huh? It's a 3 class flight when Amadeus shows F, C and Y buckets.

But even then this could still change without notice prior to departure.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 2:13 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
LX will replace the Hapag A300 with one of their own A330s again at the end of October. In order to do this, they will add to more 2-class A330s to their fleet - in a two-class Y/C configuration. I don't think that it has been announced yet which routes will go from 3 to 2 class by the end of the summer timetable?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.