Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Daypass - Worth it? / Access Rules (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Link to Admirals Club entry locations and requirements

Phone: 1-800-237-7971 (within U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico)
817-963-6100 otherwise, Fax: 817-963-6015
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,

I recently became a member of AAdvantage but still do not have enough status to make entry into the lounges.

I am going to be travelling out of JFK in a few weeks... i'll be at the airport for a few hours.

Is it worth paying the $50 or whatever it is for lounge access or not?

OR - is there a cheaper way of doing it?

I'd be happy to buy a voucher from someone if its cheaper.

JR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Admirals Club Daypasses (One-Day Pass) are currently available at $50 per visitor (children under 18 accompanying the primary visitor are free) and can be purchased at any Admirals Club, self-service kiosk, or online. Daypasses are valid at all Admirals Clubs during the entire travel day, as well as the first point of arrival the following day when traveling overnight. Admirals Clubs at international airports may not be accessible upon arrival due to passport control. Daypasses include free wifi access at clubs in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico).

Fur current information, see:
http://www.aa.com/daypass
Terms & Conditions
Daypass FAQ

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Oct 1, 2009 at 12:26 pm Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title; minor edits for clarity
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, ain't worth it. Just stand outside the entrance and ask someone to let you in as their "guest."

Seriously, though, there's no cheaper way to do it. Either ask someone to let you in for free or pay the $50 (which you can apply as credit toward a paid membership).

Beware the scam artists selling day passes on ebay or whatever - they may not be genuine.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:20 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Just so your expectations are set for the future...

The program is the AAdvantage program .. and the Admirals Clubs are the various lounges within the AA system.

Unless you travel heavily on International routes .. the idea of status (or even seating class) will not admit you to any of the Admirals Clubs. Pax to domestic destinations (look on aa.com for definition of domestic) are not granted special access .. the clubs are membership (or day pass) only. When traveling Internationally (again as defined by aa.com) your PLT or EXP status OR your Business/First seating basis will grant you access to the AC on the day of your flight (along with a free drinkie or two coupons).

I am going to not describe the Flagship Lounge as there are only three of them and they each have somewhat unique admission requirements based on status, seating or fare for day of travel.

If you are doing the GLD or PLT challenge you might want to buy a day pass then (within 30 days) apply for a full membership at the tier-based discounted rate and then you can deduct your day pass from that amount.

The ACs are a nice way to spend a bit of time between flights when you have to and sometimes (repeat sometimes) the AAngels at the clubs are able to help you with problems with delayed/cancelled departures etc.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
In my opinion it depends how long your stay will be and if you have a connection flight (in this case i suppose that it's a non-stop service!?) !

The 1D-Pass gives you access the whole day to all AC locations when you fly your itinerary (please correct me if I'm wrong folks!)

Like mentioned, status brings it's value with international travel, especially if you fly Y more often then C/F !

For me I took once advantage of a 1D-Pass when I had a 5h connect in LHR and havent been elite yet.

Depends on your targets ! :-:
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
IMO, the daypass isn't worth it unless you are considering buying an annual membership. In that case, it's worth it because it gives you a chance to try it before you buy it, and if you decide to buy you get to take the cost of the daypass off the price.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:19 pm

It really depends if you think it is worth it or not. If you will be in the airport for a couple of hrs, you may think it is worth it. if you are there for 2 hrs, maybe eating at a restaurant or sitting at a coffee shop is good enough.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:23 pm

The day pass is more worth it if you are paying for yourself and 2 guests. Then the price averages out to $33.33 per person. If you can take advantage of two lounges in a day, then the price is $16..67 per visit. Only you can decide if it's worth it. But for me, it would be.

Originally Posted by gemac
IMO, the daypass isn't worth it unless you are considering buying an annual membership. In that case, it's worth it because it gives you a chance to try it before you buy it, and if you decide to buy you get to take the cost of the daypass off the price.
(This pricing is no longer valid. /Moderator)

Last edited by dstan; Oct 1, 2009 at 12:50 pm
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:27 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Some variables I'd agree with others on considering:
*Are you going to get to use multiple lounges during the day?
*How long are you going to be at your connection/connections?
*Which lounge(s) will you get to use?

I'd say it's "more" worth it when you've got multiple lounges to use---I'm not sure if I'd pay for it for only one.
I'd say it's "more" worth it when you're using some of the nicer/better lounges in the AAdmirals Club system.
I'd say it's "more" worth it when you've got a long enough connection(s) to sit back, relax, pay for a drink or grab a "free" soda, get some work done, surf the net, grab a shower, etc.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
AC one day pass - can use even if flying different airline?

My mother will be travelling to Japan to visit her ailing mother. Sadly, this may be her last time she might be able to see her alive. Hence, I want her travel to be eased up a bit, so I was contemplating on giving her an one day AC pass. One thing however, is that she will be flying NW instead of AA into NRT. If I buy her an one day AC pass, will she be able to use it at NRT even if she's not flying AA?

Anyone have experience with giving AC passes in these cases?
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:03 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm very sorry your mother's trip is of such a sad nature, but one consolation is she has a very considerate child.

As for the one day AC pass, it's kind of like a one-day mini-AC membership - you can use it in all ACs that particular day, and it doesn't matter if you are flying AA or not. Since AA and NW use the north wing of Terminal 1, that should work - though how convenient it would be would also be determined by whether they both use the same of the two gate satellites. (It seems form exploring the NRT web page NW departs mainly from gates 18 - 25, AA gates 60s - 90s.
http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/guide/map/index_t1.html

A better solution for you might be a WorldClub pass: for $45 you can purchase your mom a day pass to WorldClub, and for $85 you can purchase her a temporary membership good for 60 days (which would cover the three days of travel to / from Japan quite well.)

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...s/daypass.html

http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...empmember.html

If it seems that is the best way to go, I can move this thread to the NW Forum, so you can receive better advice about NW, its services and lounge possibilities for your mother. My best wishes go with her on this difficult journey.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 8, 2006 at 4:17 pm Reason: spillchick
Old Dec 8, 2006, 8:24 am

Programs: AA PLT
Note that AA moves terminals at NRT on 17 JAN 2007.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628764
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JDiver
A better solution for you might be a WorldClub pass: for $45 you can purchase your mom a day pass to WorldClub, and for $85 you can purchase her a temporary membership good for 60 days (which would cover the three days of travel to / from Japan quite well.)
^ Thank you! This info really helps. At least she can feel a bit of ease in the already hectic travel days of LAX-NRT-LAX over the New Years.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:46 pm

Admirals Club Day Pass Access Question

I am a non-elite, arriving at DFW early in a day and my connection is on another airline later on that afternoon. Can I access the Admirals Club using a one-day pass, although I am trying to access the lounge upon arrival, and connecting using another airline?

My route is LIT-DFW on AA, and DFW-DEN-YVR on UA (*A Award).

Assuming that I want to make my $50 day pass worth, can I also access the Admirals Club in DEN and YVR upon arrival as well?

Thank you.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:53 pm

I don't recall that YVR has an Admiral's Club. Even if it did, however, it would be impossible for an arriving passenger to use it, as arriving passengers are directed into the arrivals hall -- which contains immigration and customs -- and do not get access to the departures area.

Mike
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You bet! A one day pass is good for - one day. Not one club, one day; it can be used at multiple Clubs. Additional guests, $25 each. Like the Club? You can apply the cost toward a membership, within thirty days. You can buy online, or the day of travel at self-service checkin at kiosks and at the Club itself. Details here.

Locations etc. here.

(This pricing is no longer valid. /Moderator)

Last edited by dstan; Oct 1, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.