Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Take the Fast Track to Platinum/Gold/Silver Elite Status by applying for Mastercard

Old Dec 26, 2005, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Nothing

58038 - platinum
58039 - gold
58040 - silver

When you apply and are approved for the Continental Airlines World MasterCard from Chase, you'll enjoy Platinum Elite status through February 2007.

In addition, you'll also appreciate great Continental Airlines World MasterCard benefits such as:

15K bonus miles once you are approved and make your first purchase
5% discount on all Continental tickets purchased with the card at continental.com for one year

To begin, follow these three easy steps:

Register for this promotion to receive your bonus miles.
Go to the Apply now page and enter your OnePass account number and PIN code and complete the application by December 31, 2005.
Make your first purchase by March 1, 2006.

Who knew I'd stumble across something that would be so controversial? I wish this benefitted me, but I'm doing a mileage run to amsterdam to get my plat status on the 30th. That and I had the CC for 2 years before I finally cancelled it cause I never got the freebie stuff. I hope continental figures things out soon enough. Just don't kill the messenger (me!).

Sheesh, now I'm a hacker and committing fraud? I mean, it's not hard to put in codes in consecutive order... I'm just surprised no one else has done it (I guess no one's been bored enough?). Plus, it's pretty obvious that continental usually has good system checks in place. But unless you personally didn't try to take advantage of promo codes I've found and posted in the past (ie. 58013 and 57065), don't come on this thread and equate me to people who actually hack into computer systems. Heck, I don't even know how to hack into a personal computer that's password protected. (but mucho thanks to the posters who have defended me )

Oh and I'm a chick for those that keep thinking I'm male.

Last edited by speedyturtle; Dec 29, 2005 at 9:42 am
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:02 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Where did you see this promo?

If it is valid - it certainly is a smack in the face to those of us who have earned our status the hard way.

It also doesn't do any of us who've been cardholders any good.

Maybe I'm missing something but this *&%#s
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:04 pm

Ridiculous.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
LOL. awesome.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:12 pm

umm...I think you got me
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Question

Registration Successful
Your OnePass account TBXXXXX is now registered for this offer (58038).
Registration Date: Mon., Dec. 26, 2005

...?? I just got the CO Mastercard a few weeks ago I wonder if this is retroactive?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:19 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by speedyturtle
58038 - platinum
58039 - gold
58040 - silver

When you apply and are approved for the Continental Airlines World MasterCard from Chase, you'll enjoy Platinum Elite status through February 2007.

In addition, you'll also appreciate great Continental Airlines World MasterCard benefits such as:

5% discount on all Continental tickets purchased with the card at continental.com for one year

Go to the Apply now page and enter your OnePass account number and PIN code and complete the application by December 31, 2005.
Ok - few questions/comments...

I was able to register, but only if not logged in. T&C say it's targetted. Not really wanting to get a card if this isn't for real... anyone know for sure?
Why would anyone pick less than platinum? What am I missing?
Is this for real????
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Nothing
I found it my usual way... inputting codes one by one, so I just happened to do that today, and low and behold, that's what showed up. Oh believe me, I'm not happy about it either. I'm doing a mileage run at the end of the year just to hit my platinum status and I booked that trip a couple of months ago. grrrr.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
I found it my usual way... inputting codes one by one, so I just happened to do that today, and low and behold, that's what showed up. Oh believe me, I'm not happy about it either. I'm doing a mileage run at the end of the year just to hit my platinum status and I booked that trip a couple of months ago. grrrr.

I planned a trip this week to San Juan, PR so I could hit silver, this is pissing me off...
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by Russell745
Maybe I'm missing something but this *&%#s
Sure is, though I expected something like this sooner or later but to include Plat status as well?
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:52 pm

Programs: United 1K
Only one month until our meeting with Continental!
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:54 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
OPSC says it's legit. They're dumbfounded... as am I. Registered & applied for the card. FWIW, I'd be really, really upset if I had done a MR these last few weeks for status. I just hope Chase doesn't find some reason to deny the application. Wow. I am really speechless. I believe I'm rambling.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 2:56 pm

how quick to get cards?

58038 - platinum
58039 - gold
58040 - silver

signed up both my husband and I for this offer today. Any idea how quickly the cards come or how soon after your first purchase status kicks in? Only reason I ask is that we have a couple flights on March 1st and would love to be upgraded!
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:01 pm

Can someone explain to me where you register for this offer? Where do I enter those numbers??

Is this for fast-track (aka certain about of miles to obtain status..) or for "instant" platnium status????

thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 3:08 pm

After I see how this develops I've got about 125,000 annual miles on higher fare classes that I might just shop.

No disrespect intended to anybody but jeez this just about completely waters the program down now doesn't it? Granted the window closes in about a week (who knows when it was started and to whom and how it was promoted?) but it seems like it's one thing after another.

This answers all of the posters who were concerned about falling a few miles short.

Xyzzy close the thread and delete it will ya?

Last edited by Russell745; Dec 26, 2005 at 3:11 pm Reason: added last sentence

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.