Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

A MR just by eating - Airtran and Wendy's!

Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Wendy's has a new promotion:

http://www.airtran.com/wendys_offer.aspx

special offers
wendy's – coca-cola roundtrip refreshment offer

Do what tastes right and take flight! Earn 1/4 credit when you purchase a combo, 20 or 32 oz drink at participating Wendy's restaurants. A free flight never tasted so good.

Wendy's & AirTran Airways Promotion
Official Rules

ELIGIBILITY: Offer open only to consumers who have an AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account and are 18 years of age or older as of 11/1/05. If you do not have an AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account, you may create one at no cost by visiting www.aplusrewards.com and following the on-line instructions. If you do not have Internet access, please call 1-888-327-5878 to open your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. All information obtained from this program is for the sole purpose of administering this promotion and is in compliance with the AirTran Airways Privacy Policy.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: On or about 11/1/05 through 12/31/05, or while supplies last, when you purchase a specially-marked 20 oz. or 32 oz. Coca-Cola beverage at a participating Wendy's you will find a Proof of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupon printed on the cup. Limit five (5) drinks per transaction.

After you have consumed your beverage, carefully cut out the Proof of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupon along the dotted line. Fill out a 3x5 card with your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes) and AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account number and mail in a handwritten business size (#10) envelope along with at least four (4) but no more than one hundred and twenty-eight (128) Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons per stamped envelope to Wendy's/AirTran Airways Promotion, AirTran Airways Special Services, 1224 Bob Harmon Road, Savannah, GA 31408 to be received by 2/13/06. Extra postage may be required.

WHAT YOU GET: For every 4 incremental Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons along with a properly completed 3x5 card, you will receive one (1) A+ Rewards Credit. Maximum credits you may receive per AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account is thirty-two (32), which means the maximum number of Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons you may submit is 128, regardless of how many envelopes submitted. Credits will be posted to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account within approximately six (6) weeks of receipt of properly redeemed Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons. The credits received in connection with this offer will expire one year after credits post to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Only Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons in increments of four and a maximum of one hundred and twenty-eight (128) per stamped envelope with one completed 3x5 card will be credited to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Any other Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons that do not meet these requirements will not be credited to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. 3x5 cards and Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons will not be returned.

GENERAL: Void where restricted or prohibited by law. Employees of Wendy's International, Inc., their respective affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated or postage due mail. Requests with illegible or incomplete 3x5 cards will not be redeemed. For complete details about the AirTran Airways A+ Rewards program, visit www.aplusrewards.com. All standard AirTran Airways A+ Rewards program terms and conditions apply. No sale, transfer/cash redemption of AirTran Airways A+ Rewards credits is permitted. Availability of seats for A+ Rewards travel on AirTran Airways is subject to capacity controls and blackout dates, and seats are limited and may not be available on all flights. A trip is defined as travel from a single point of origin to a single destination over the most direct routing between any two cities with published fares and schedules. AirTran Airways is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. All taxes are the sole responsibility of offer recipient. No facsimiles or mechanically reproduced Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons, or Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons not obtained legitimately, permitted. Sale or transfer of Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons is prohibited. Requests from groups, clubs or organizations will not be honored. Proofs of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupons submitted by redemption/recycling centers are not eligible. Not valid with any other offer/promotion. AirTran Airways reserves the right to freeze or close A+ Rewards account or to prohibit the participant of an individual/account holder if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participant stated herein or with any provision of these Terms and Conditions. This program may be modified or cancelled if fraud or misconduct destroys the integrity of the program. In the event a dispute arises regarding specific individual entitled to receive the AirTran Airways credits, it is the account holder of the AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account number that will be declared the recipient of the AirTran Airways credits for that account.

For questions about this offer, call 1-866-409-0762.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:44 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Based on a quick read of the A+ program rules, I calculate you'd need 32 coupons from the drink cups for a one way flight on Airtran, and if you get the maximum 128 coupons, you could trade them for a round trip ticket on any airline in the contiguous 48 U.S. states.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:53 am

In the T&Cs it says "Limit five (5) drinks per transaction." Yet I don't see where it says you have to send in receipts. I may be buying 128 Cokes tonight......

win1300
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
You might want to wait a little bit . Take a look at this part of T&Cs:

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: On or about 11/1/05 through 12/31/05, or while supplies last, when you purchase a specially-marked 20 oz. or 32 oz. Coca-Cola beverage at a participating Wendy's you will find a Proof of Purchase/AirTran Flight Coupon printed on the cup.

Originally Posted by win1300
In the T&Cs it says "Limit five (5) drinks per transaction." Yet I don't see where it says you have to send in receipts. I may be buying 128 Cokes tonight......

win1300
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Based on a quick read of the A+ program rules, I calculate you'd need 32 coupons from the drink cups for a one way flight on Airtran, and if you get the maximum 128 coupons, you could trade them for a round trip ticket on any airline in the contiguous 48 U.S. states.
Yup - that looks correct. Some other observations...

From the program T&C: you cannot book on another airline if Airtran has flights in that market. You may not have a choice of carrier and/or flights. You DO earn miles in the program of the airline on whose flights you end up.

If you DRINK the 128 cokes in this timeframe, you might need two seats

Anyone know how much the 20oz coke costs? Whatever it is, the free flight is 128*$$coke + postage. Unless you were going to drink the coke anyway, or violate the T&C by acquiring the coupons from someone who did, I'm not sure that this is a good deal.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As this is Air Tran specific & is not really a mileage run - just an interesting way to collect credits (any one know if this is a national or local promotion?) - I'm going to move this to the Air Tran forum.

Thanks!

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by MazdaMP
Wendy's has a new promotion:

After you have consumed your beverage...
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I believe a 20oz. Coke is roughly $1.15 or so. My father eats at Wendy's every week day, and gets the same combo every day. He'll get roughly 42 of these. Looks like it may also be time for DH and I to get separate drinks when we stop there.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:58 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by mbreuer
Anyone know how much the 20oz coke costs? Whatever it is, the free flight is 128*$$coke + postage. Unless you were going to drink the coke anyway, or violate the T&C by acquiring the coupons from someone who did, I'm not sure that this is a good deal.
Well, if it costs $1.25 for a 20 oz drink, then you're looking at $160 + postage.
If you go to the max value award and use it on a route where a) AirTran doesn't fly b) your preferred airline does and c) would cost more than $250 to buy, then it would seem like a deal (assuming your time has no value )

But that's without reading AirTran's T&Cs on their "any airline award" which seems to be the only real chance to be worthwhile. I'm picturing EYW-SEA, but I have no idea whether they'd really allow that sort of thing.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Alitalia Confiscated iPod Club
Give the clerk a $50 bill.

He's likely to hand you as many cups as you can carry.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Because you never know....
Does anyone think that this can count towards elite status on FL?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdg_dc

I'll let you know how well this works in a few weeks!
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by rdg_dc

I'd be willing to bet that $20 would work just as well.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by GWU ESIA STUDENT
Because you never know....
Does anyone think that this can count towards elite status on FL?
Good question, but I think the answer is no. From the website:

When you earn 20 or more base credits flying AirTran Airways within any 90-day period or earn 50 or more base credits flying AirTran Airways within any 365-day period, you qualify for A+ Rewards Elite Membership.

Emphasis mine. No personal experience with flying vs. non-flying credits, though.

ETA: Also, considering not even the 1/2 credit BC bonus counts toward elite...

Last edited by FL_f/a; Oct 28, 2005 at 1:20 pm
Old Oct 28, 2005, 1:43 pm

This is being discussed on FatWallet..
see: http://www.fatwallet.com/t/63/535918/
(Note that this discussion should continue there, I only mention it for those who may want to see what they are discussing)

Last edited by steve100; Oct 28, 2005 at 1:47 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.