Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK-LAX changes to all non-stop in December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2005, 4:26 am
spk
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G

From 1 December 2005, TG774/775 BKK-KIX-LAX v.v will no longer operate. The flights will be replaced by TG794/795 BKK-LAX v.v non-stop operating by A340-500. The operating day will also change from 4 times a week to 3 times a week (Tue, Fri, Sun).
Old Oct 6, 2005, 4:53 am

Programs: Everyone!
Flight time is much different than the BKK-KIX-LAX also.

Now, departure is 20:30 with arrivial in LAX at 20:10.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:00 am

wow GREAT!! another reason to go home for the holidays!! no more silly stops in Japan.... does that mean TG will now use A340-600s to New York? or will TG get more 340-500s in order to serve both LAX and JFK?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:09 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Awesome, I will definately give Thai a try on this route!!
-UFFA
Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:40 am
spk
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G
By December they will have 4 A345 in the fleet. BKK-JFK remains A345 non-stop.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:43 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Any idea what route the 747's currently doing the LAX flights will be moved to?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: TG*G, Icelandair Silver, IATA
I hate that... darn... I have a ticket for 4th January returning on 11th January 2006 in First class... 345 has no First, just business

What are my options, can I force them to endorse the ticket even though its valid for TG 3 DIGITS only?

Can I make them put me on UA? Or even better on TG/LH mixed flights via FRA?

I'm sooo dissapointed *cry*
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:52 am

can TG make up its mind?

I am screwed by this new schedule change...

I have a "F" ticket from LAX to KIX to HND/NRT to HKG to BKK to SIN to CMB for Dec... I am not going to change my routing and not going to fly J on a F ticket. What is the option here?

Can I force TG to endorse my ticket to JL?

This is very disappointing... and I hope TG will stop changing its schedule.

Carfield
Old Oct 6, 2005, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
In BKK Post today an article spoke about reducing the frequency on BKK-JFK to 4 flights a week - presumably to support the BKK-LAX direct route.

The whole thing is here - sorry about the length.....TK

Cut in direct service to New York likely

BOONSONG KOSITCHOTETHANA

Thai Airways International is seriously looking at offering non-stop services from Bangkok to Los Angeles as soon as the end of this year while at the same time cutting back on its high-profile but costly direct flights to New York. The plan has surfaced as the national carrier moves to rationalise its North American operations which has become financially burdensome as the result of the launching of the expensive Bangkok-New York service in May.

Though THAI executives have been pleased with the load factor on the Bangkok-New York sector , reportedly at 70-80%, soaring fuel prices and competitive fare-setting have hit the airline's bottom line.

The airline may offer four direct flights a week between Bangkok and Los Angeles in December or January and reduce the non-stop Bangkok-New York frequencies to four a week from six at present.

Vasing Kittikul, THAI's executive vice-president for commercial affairs, said the plan was subject to approval from the airline's board of directors.

Like its New York-bound service, THAI would be the first carrier to fly non-stop between the two cities, a flight expected to take about the same time as the Bangkok to New York route _ 17 hours.

The planned direct Bangkok-Los Angeles service would avoid heavy competition from other airlines that fly to Los Angeles via Japan, either through Tokyo's Narita airport or Osaka's Kansai.

Furthermore, Bangkok-Los Angeles is a more mature route in terms of traffic density, given that the US city has the largest Thai community in North America, industry analysts said.

The direct Bangkok-Los Angeles service would replace the airline's existing Los Angeles-bound flights, also four times a week, which stop at Osaka's Kansai airport and are operated by B747-400 jumbo jets.

But THAI would maintain its services from Bangkok to Osaka, now 21 flight a week (seven of them via Manila), and the 21 flights a week from Bangkok to Tokyo's Narita airport.

The airline would use the new long-range 215-seat A340-500s to fly the direct Bangkok-Los Angeles services, similar to the Bangkok-New York operation.

As part of its new flight plan for the winter season that begins in November, the airline will also commence a new route _ Bangkok-Moscow, next month at three flights a week, using MD-11 aircraft. It will also step up frequencies from Bangkok to several European destinations, including Frankfurt.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, USAirways, AA, CO,DL,WN,Midwest
I an sorry that the KIX-LAX flight os dropped. TG had GREAT fares on that route! Now, only UA and their outrageous fares!
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:01 pm

Programs: TG*G, Icelandair Silver, IATA
Problem with ticket on canceled route

I just came back from a marathon negotiations and talks with the staff at TG about my dear canceled trip on the late BKK-KIX-LAX route :'( Was supposed to be my first First class trip on Thai.

It was such a pain in the ..., first, the girl at the ticket counter, as sweet and polite as she was, was not able to do anything except to offer me a seat one day before my original booking (but unfortunatly that does not fit my sch. as I will arrive BKK after that flight has departed from my christmas holliday). She then said the only alternative was a refund, and she was willing to forfit the 1000 THB refund fee (so generous!). Of course I was not willing to accept that so I asked her (after waiting 1hr 20min while she spoke to every boss in the building) if I could talk to someone that really could do something for me, prefferable some "big boss". She then slipped me a note with a name and a building number and off I went walking in the TG Headquarters maze of buildings to stumble on the correct one after a nice little cleaning lady walked me over to show it to me.

I entered the building and went threw like Airport security type of thing, kind of strange, but oh well as long as you're made feel safe

The boss I talked to there was much more helpfull, especially after I yelled and showed my red angry farang face a few times (those acting classes are really paying off ) I made her admit that it was their responsibility to get me to LAX on the day they sold me the ticket, despite they canceled their flight... after all, as I pointed out to her, I was not the one that canceled... if I would I would have to pay 1000 THB (the refund fee) *grin*

Now I'm waiting to hear what the boss lady says, hopefully they can get me there on the 4th as originally planned... but if not, me and my angry farang face will go on another rampage at the TG headquarters

To be continued....
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
In BKK Post today an article spoke about reducing the frequency on BKK-JFK to 4 flights a week - presumably to support the BKK-LAX direct route.

Like its New York-bound service, THAI would be the first carrier to fly non-stop between the two cities, a flight expected to take about the same time as the Bangkok to New York route _ 17 hours.

The planned direct Bangkok-Los Angeles service would avoid heavy competition from other airlines that fly to Los Angeles via Japan, either through Tokyo's Narita airport or Osaka's Kansai.
4 flights a week BKK-LAX and 4 flights a week BKK-JFK sound reasonable.

Im just wondering, why does it take the same time to fly from BKK to Los Angeles compared to Bangkok to New York (which seems longer)?? Is it because the BKK-JFK routes takes a shortcut over Santa's North pole or something?
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:36 am

Yes, please keep us updated. I have an A-Class Ticket in First with TG for JAN and am also not amused at all, as it is only valid on 3 digit TG operated flights. I just wonder why they don't fly a F-Cabin to LAX anymore. For most days of JAN the F-Cabin was sold out.

Originally Posted by gusti
I just came back from a marathon negotiations and talks with the staff at TG about my dear canceled trip on the late BKK-KIX-LAX route :'( Was supposed to be my first First class trip on Thai.

It was such a pain in the ..., first, the girl at the ticket counter, as sweet and polite as she was, was not able to do anything except to offer me a seat one day before my original booking (but unfortunatly that does not fit my sch. as I will arrive BKK after that flight has departed from my christmas holliday). She then said the only alternative was a refund, and she was willing to forfit the 1000 THB refund fee (so generous!). Of course I was not willing to accept that so I asked her (after waiting 1hr 20min while she spoke to every boss in the building) if I could talk to someone that really could do something for me, prefferable some "big boss". She then slipped me a note with a name and a building number and off I went walking in the TG Headquarters maze of buildings to stumble on the correct one after a nice little cleaning lady walked me over to show it to me.

I entered the building and went threw like Airport security type of thing, kind of strange, but oh well as long as you're made feel safe

The boss I talked to there was much more helpfull, especially after I yelled and showed my red angry farang face a few times (those acting classes are really paying off ) I made her admit that it was their responsibility to get me to LAX on the day they sold me the ticket, despite they canceled their flight... after all, as I pointed out to her, I was not the one that canceled... if I would I would have to pay 1000 THB (the refund fee) *grin*

Now I'm waiting to hear what the boss lady says, hopefully they can get me there on the 4th as originally planned... but if not, me and my angry farang face will go on another rampage at the TG headquarters

To be continued....
Old Oct 7, 2005, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Trajan, the routes are only 400 miles different over 8600 miles or so. Take a look at the attached great circle (minimum distance over the globe) routes for BKK-JFK and BKK-LAX:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=b...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

So there is not that much difference from BKK.

Cheers,

TK

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Oct 7, 2005 at 8:06 am Reason: grammar
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, STARWOOD PLAT, UA 1K,AA PLAT [2.5MILLION], LH SENATOR, AMEX BLACK
Bought an F class ticket thru Travelocity SIN SQ LAX TG BKK EK DXB EK SIN
TG cancelled F class cabin yesterday, should I fly SIN-LAX and then call TG or delay with this now? TG has not notified me of this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.