Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF/BA RTW from $A1999 **INCLUDING** taxes with $200 land credit too.

QF/BA RTW from $A1999 **INCLUDING** taxes with $200 land credit too.

Old Sep 26, 2005, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Lightbulb QF/BA RTW from $A1999 **INCLUDING** taxes with $200 land credit too.

I just got quoted $A675 taxes and fees by LH on an OZ-USA-Euruoe trip I do in a month, so the "INCLUDING" taxes part of this offer is worth more than many might imagine these days.

-------------------------------------

Experience the World for less with British Airways.

For a limited time, Qantas and British Airways are offering around-the-world economy airfares ex Australia from just $1,999 including taxes.

When you take advantage of this special fare, you will have access to the combined Qantas and British Airways global network, giving you the option to stopover in some of the world's most exciting cities; from New York, Shanghai, Johannesburg, San Francisco, London, Bangkok and Mumbai to Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore or Frankfurt. In addition, you will have access to British Airways' unrivalled European network.

Up to five stops are permitted on this fantastic airfare, and prices will vary due to surcharges, fees and taxes.

This fare is available for departures between 26 September and 2 December 2005 and 19 January and 30 April 2006 and must be booked by 11 October 2005. Other sale prices are available and terms and conditions apply.

Don't miss out on this great offer. To book, or for further information contact British Airways on 1300 362 675 or Qantas on 13 13 13 or contact your local travel agent.

With this airfare you can also take advantage of a $200 land credit towards hotel and car hire at any stopover point. For more information on this offer, contact Qantas Holidays on 13 14 15 or speak to your local travel agent. The credit offer must be booked and ticketed by 11 October 2005.

Terms and conditions:

- The Qantas and British Airways airfares are available for departures from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Cairns and Darwin.

- Fares are subject to availability and conditions apply.

- Airfare and $200 land credit must be booked by 11 October 2005.

- Price quoted is based on an itinerary Sydney, Los Angeles, London, Bangkok and Sydney.

- An additional 1% credit card service fee will be applied to the dollar amount paid by credit or charge card when booking through Qantas Holidays.

- An additional $40 more for each customer booked via Qantas Telephone Sales, Qantas Travel outlets and Qantas Airport locations. AU$10 more for each flight booked with some travel agents.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 3:37 am

Was going to post it too

Looks like we're on the same BA mailing list, and got the email just about the same time!

Great deal. Seriously thinking about taking it up in Early Apr...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Aus_Mal - I frankly am amazed they'd quote a RTW that includes taxes, but can't see I am reading that wrong?

Offer seems really short of hard detail, or a weblink to check data on, and all they say on the tax front is - "Price quoted is based on an itinerary Sydney, Los Angeles, London, Bangkok and Sydney."

Even so, that is probably $400-$500 in taxes right there I'd guess? With the $200 credit, it effectively becomes a ~$A1300 + tax RTW.

Sensational deal I would have thought - depending on what fare classes they book them in.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:22 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Seems like an excellent deal. I good way to pick up a few points but I guess the BA segments only get 25% so maybe not so good. Its a lot of back seat miles.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Seems like an excellent deal. I good way to pick up a few points but I guess the BA segments only get 25% so maybe not so good. Its a lot of back seat miles.
25% on JFK-LHR isnt too drastic on the whole itinery.. LHR-OZ, even on BA can earn full miles

Dave
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
I also received this e-mail, and this looks interesting to me for a RTW we are planning next year. But seeing I don't know, I'm going to have to ask exactly what
Up to five stops are permitted
means.

Five stopovers? (A stopover being >24 hrs at a port)?

Unsure, so any clarification appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tuapekastar

But seeing I don't know, I'm going to have to ask exactly what means.

Five stopovers? (A stopover being >24 hrs at a port)?

Yep.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Up to five stops are permitted

i.e. you do not need to take them if you do not wish.

Less than 24 hours is a "transfer"
Old Sep 26, 2005, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Less than 24 hours is a "transfer"
Not that a "transfer" is usually a lot cheaper than a "stopover" from a taxes perspective at most airports, particularly LHR.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Anyone have some rules for this?
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
A pity it involves travel through the Untied States. If it was direct through Canada, or maybe using HKG, it would not be a problem. I have a major issue with the whole "Welcome to the United States, we hope you enjoy your stay, now, let's treat you like a criminal and take your fingerprints" regime, and will not willing fly through there (even as a transit, since the whole thing still applies) unless I absolutely have to.

Dave
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I wonder if the SYD-SFO-YVR flight might be able to keep transit pax from going through immigration because it is a same plane international flight? I think NZ does this on the AKL-LHR flights through SFO & LAX...

That way you could do SYD-SFO-YVR-LHR-(Europe)-LHR-SIN/BKK/HKG/JNB/etc.-SYD at least.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by qasr
I wonder if the SYD-SFO-YVR flight might be able to keep transit pax from going through immigration because it is a same plane international flight? I think NZ does this on the AKL-LHR flights through SFO & LAX...

That way you could do SYD-SFO-YVR-LHR-(Europe)-LHR-SIN/BKK/HKG/JNB/etc.-SYD at least.
Really? When I flew SYD-HNL on AC a couple years ago (a subset of SYD-HNL-YVR), the YVR-bound pax had to exit in HNL, go through full U.S. customs, and get back on the same plane.

Those poor Canadians had to answer all the questions...

What is the purpose of your visit? To get on a plane back home.
And how long will you be staying? Oh, about an hour or so.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by channa
Really? When I flew SYD-HNL on AC a couple years ago (a subset of SYD-HNL-YVR), the YVR-bound pax had to exit in HNL, go through full U.S. customs, and get back on the same plane.

Those poor Canadians had to answer all the questions...

What is the purpose of your visit? To get on a plane back home.
And how long will you be staying? Oh, about an hour or so.
Ahhhh, the land of the free - anything BUT. Keep me free of the Untied States and I will be happy.

Dave
(who has declined offers to umpire at US Open, and foregone about $US2000 as a result. The "bastion" of freedom and democracy is anything BUT).
Old Sep 26, 2005, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by qasr
Its the worst of both worlds on the through flights. Have to "enter" US - ie complete immigration process including visa if not eligible for visa waiver. But get put in a small secure airside holding pen with up to a couple hundred other pax (depending on how many travelling through). Cannot leave to go to duty free etc. Currently, those in business class only (ie not for elites travelling in economy) may choose to go to the lounge which entails going landside and back airside again - ie pass through immigration & security twice. At the time of the day NZ1 & 2 pass through there are usually very big queues and lucky to spend more than 10 minutes in the lounge on the 2 hour transit stop.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.