Gold upgrade process

Subscribe
I'm a US2 that HP status matched to FF Gold. I just booked a 5 segment trip via Orbitz on HP. Its for September 29th & 30th so it will still be HP right? Anyway, I looked on the website and it said that the U/G procedure was automatic if booked via HP website but did not mention other websites. So, my question is this: Do I call in to the Gold Elite line to get in the que or will it pick me up automatically since the ticket included my FF #?
Quote: I'm a US2 that HP status matched to FF Gold. I just booked a 5 segment trip via Orbitz on HP. Its for September 29th & 30th so it will still be HP right? Anyway, I looked on the website and it said that the U/G procedure was automatic if booked via HP website but did not mention other websites. So, my question is this: Do I call in to the Gold Elite line to get in the que or will it pick me up automatically since the ticket included my FF #?
Yes, you'll be in auto upgrade system since you entered in your flight fund number. If you clear, it will be two days out (plat 3 days, silver, 1 day). What are your routings?

Ian
Quote: Yes, you'll be in auto upgrade system since you entered in your flight fund number. If you clear, it will be two days out (plat 3 days, silver, 1 day). What are your routings?

Ian
29th PHL-PHX-ABQ, 30th ABQ-PHX-LAS-PHL The last one is the redeye- ouch. Since the NEW USAirways begins the 1st, I wonder if the plane will stop at the body and fender shop enroute for a quick paint job.
ug some times they dont go thru.since you booked with orbitz,i would call the gold # on your card two days out. just to make sure. good luck
Quote: Since the NEW USAirways begins the 1st, I wonder if the plane will stop at the body and fender shop enroute for a quick paint job.

Actually I am not sure that we have a firm date for the new US but it can be as early at September 27. You will probably want to watch and see.

I sure hope we soon learn what they are going to do on day one about upgrades for all the levels!

Jennifer