Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Russ Hinckley on FlyerTalk Live! (Oct 6): Questions that we should ask?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold

FlyerTalk Live! chat with Russ Hinckley (Managing Director, Northwest WorldPerks) on Oct. 6 @ 9 p.m. ET

It is important to make good use of our time with Russ when he is online. I suggest that we ask one of our moderators to submit key questions so that we do not waste time.

A couple of questions I suggest we ask:
1. What can we expect of the WP program for 2006?
2. Platinum Points: any chance that this promotion be improve as to be relevant to most Platinums?
3. International upgrades: Can we hope for a suitable system for high status/high fares in 2006?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:17 am

really nice ! i will post some of my thoughts when i reach ORD later.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Why does NW charge more for award ticket taxes than anyone else? Do they actually pocket the money or do they remit the money to the government for fees which they do not have to collect?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
RTW Award rules

In ticketing a RTW Biz award last month, I know I had hours of frustration since the agents aren´t familar with it, and some that know some are often misinformed. I´d think the rules would be available on the NWA website, but I never found them. While I realize, that they don´t really want to advertise the RTW awards, some info on all the real rules would be nice.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm curious about lounge benefits & with the recent downgrades - what is being done to retain membership. Sure, free Wi-Fi is good, however, there have been some serious cutbacks - what about increaseing partnerships. Side note - will we still be able to use the HP lounge in LAS in the future with the HP/US merger.

Also - what's up with the increased amounts for awards - taxes don't bother me as much as having to spend way more miles. With UA, I can get a IAD-BKK in biz for 90K easily - rarely an inventory problem. With NW, a standard award in biz to SE Asia, if available, which it never is, is 120K (and the product isn't that much better!). NW miles have been devalued in recent years...

Lastly - the amount one has to pay to purchase an upgradeable fare is ridiculous to Asia. An M class fare used to do it - now it's a B class fare which is often nearly twice the cost of an M class. If I wanted to fly to SE Asia on UA, it'd cost me about $1K for an H-class + 60K miles RT to UG. With NW, it'd cost me about $2.3K + 60K miles RT to UG - and that's if they have the space - the mainland to NRT via a hub city NEVER has space available for UG's!!
Old Sep 17, 2005, 3:19 pm

Out of curiosity, will Russ only be able to speak to Worldperks questions, or is he also empowered to talk about other NW-related topics (Worldclubs, nwa.com, route network, award travel, etc.)
Old Sep 17, 2005, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Here are two questions that I would like asked

1. Can Skyteam partners release Standard Award Seats at the same time?
2. Since there are going to be many many more Platinums and some of us earned it the hard way (e.g. before the 2x EQM) will their be a distinction?

Thanks to the moderators.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:43 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
How about improvements for redeeming awards on nwa.com. It would be of great convienience to have at least some inventory for MH, KE, AF, ect. available on nwa.com.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Also - what's up with the increased amounts for awards - taxes don't bother me as much as having to spend way more miles.
Just as bad is that RuleBuster pulls from C and not J any longer, meaning that there are tons of situations where you just can't book with miles, period. In my book, that's a massive devaluation, and remains the top reason I'm considering other airlines for 2006.

Steve
Old Sep 18, 2005, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by fromYXU
FlyerTalk Live! chat with Russ Hinckley (Managing Director, Northwest WorldPerks) on Oct. 6 @ 9 p.m. ET

It is important to make good use of our time with Russ when he is online. I suggest that we ask one of our moderators to submit key questions so that we do not waste time.

2. Platinum Points: any chance that this promotion be improve as to be relevant to most Platinums?
3. International upgrades: Can we hope for a suitable system for high status/high fares in 2006?
I suggest something like --

We've heard that Northwest will be cutting a substantial percentage of their flights ---

what types of flights will be cut and how will this be determined
will any locations lose service entirely
will any city pairs lose service (eg MSP -FNT)
will NW retain it's hub and spoke system or do something different

Bob H
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by fromYXU

For me, your first question is by far the most important. Now a question for you: Will the answers to your question be posted here?
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
For me, your first question is by far the most important. Now a question for you: Will the answers to your question be posted here?
The live chat will take place on Oct 6 and you can "listen" online and even participate. The transcript is usually placed online the next day.

BTW, I will not be online since I will be "in-air".
Old Sep 18, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I would be interested in a higher elite level, or receiving some extra goodies, for having over 100K EQM's per year.

Also the west coast WorldClubs not being open for the red-eyes is also a major aggravation.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
With UA, I can get a IAD-BKK in biz for 90K easily - rarely an inventory problem. With NW, a standard award in biz to SE Asia, if available, which it never is, is 120K (and the product isn't that much better!). NW miles have been devalued in recent years...
While I agree that you're right, he's going to counter this with the new WBC product, and the NW Platinum 125% bonus vs. UA's 100% for 1K. Also the Plat requalification at 75K makes it easier to attain Plat than UA's 1K, giving you an easier opportunity to earn more miles.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I can foresee it.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Talking I can also foresee it...

Originally Posted by channa
While I agree that you're right, he's going to counter this with the new WBC product, and the NW Platinum 125% bonus vs. UA's 100% for 1K. Also the Plat requalification at 75K makes it easier to attain Plat than UA's 1K, giving you an easier opportunity to earn more miles.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I can foresee it.
He will say that NWA's SkyTeam partner CO and DL all require 120k for bz class award to Asia. So NWA has no choice but to follow them. Also, he will say the WBC is the premium product and the demand is so strong that NWA has to limit the award availability and ask pax to pay a premium for it.

I can foresee this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.