Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA / Seattle Admirals Club CLOSED (Oct 2005) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:06 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SEA / Seattle Admirals Club CLOSED (Oct 2005) (consolidated)

d e l e t e d

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTES

The SEA Admirals Club closed on Oct 31, 2005. For the official announcement, see tom911's post herein.

For information about other airline lounges at SEA, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Sep 3, 2009 at 2:29 pm
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
It is brand new! How dumb would that be?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:12 am

Hmm, haven't heard anything about that, but I'm flying out the 14th and I'll check with Rose there. That would be a real shame; as previously mentioned, it's a brand new AC.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
That's really vague. Did the source of this rumor happen to mention when or why?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 12:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
Closing? Doubt it. It's one of the newest AC's, and it's situated in AA's new concourse/gate area. I've only been there once and it was very nice, and quite busy so it's not for lack of use. This is one time I really would be suprised if the rumor was true.

We've got it quite easy in the Seattle terminal, actually, compared to some others. Short check in lines, elite security line, new AC, new marketplace for that early morning coffee fix. Now, if we could just get some decent trans-cons and fewer MD80's and 757's life would be even better.

Maybe they're tearing down the old location?

Rita
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kinsale
Maybe they're tearing down the old location?
that would make sense. but seriously, if they were going to close the SEA club, they surely would have done so when they moved concourses. even in the darkest days of Ch11 avoidance, they never closed more clubs beyond the six lost in 2001. Such a closure also doesn't fit the recent pattern of AA behavior-- they've been keen to tout the opening of clubs (HNL, DFW, MIA) not announce closings.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by martin33
that would make sense. but seriously, if they were going to close the SEA club, they surely would have done so when they moved concourses. even in the darkest days of Ch11 avoidance, they never closed more clubs beyond the six lost in 2001. Such a closure also doesn't fit the recent pattern of AA behavior-- they've been keen to tout the opening of clubs (HNL, DFW, MIA) not announce closings.
Just out of curiosity, which six clubs closed in 2001?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:24 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
The AC at SEA obviously had some decent $$$ spent on its creation. It looks very nice. It's also very conveniently located right across from AA's few gates at SEA.

I don't think there's much truth to this rumor.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Spiff
The AC at SEA obviously had some decent $$$ spent on its creation. It looks very nice. It's also very conveniently located right across from AA's few gates at SEA.

I don't think there's much truth to this rumor.
Maybe it's because SEA only has a few gates.. Did they have more a while ago? Was it anticipated that they would have more?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:53 am

In approx. the last 10 years at SEA, AA has utilized 4-5 gates; C16 through C20 in their old terminal, gates A5 through A9 in the new terminal. The old "C" concourse AC club, when AA moved, was to become some sort of AS occupied space(s). Gate slots for AA at SEA haven't really changed since the absorption of QQ.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fredmartens
In approx. the last 10 years at SEA, AA has utilized 4-5 gates; C16 through C20 in their old terminal, gates A5 through A9 in the new terminal. The old "C" concourse AC club, when AA moved, was to become some sort of AS occupied space(s). Gate slots for AA at SEA haven't really changed since the absorption of QQ.
In the past 15 years or so, AA has never had more than 21 or 22 flights per day (including the now-defunct BOS, SJC, RNO, ANC, NRT, and MIA flights). They are down a couple of flights due to the reductions in STL a couple of years ago. However, they seem to be running 10 flights a day to DFW, which is higher that it has ever been.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by fredmartens
Old Sep 12, 2005, 10:59 am

What has happened with SEA is major AA cutbacks.
No more NRT, MIA, BOS (2), SJC (many), plus ORD (some) DFW (some), JFK (1). There has been AS expansion to fill in. AS takes over AA pull outs on the west coast and B6/Song on the east coast.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Kinsale
Now, if we could just get some decent trans-cons and fewer MD80's and 757's life would be even better.
So, you want more Eagle routes ?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
Do we even have any Eagle routes out of Seattle? I'm drawing a blank -- can't say I've been on one here -- thought they were a mid-west, east coast thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.