Return to Europe from $360 inc

Old Aug 28, 2005, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Return to Europe from $360 inc

Found this on another site, and did a search so hopefully this isn't a dupe post.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...0/public/en_us
Old Aug 28, 2005, 9:36 am

SFO - LHR WT+ fares for $550! If only we could get that ex-UK.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAW845_Matt
SFO - LHR WT+ fares for $550! If only we could get that ex-UK.
I know, as soon as you change country of departure it states it's not valid
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
I used this link to get wt+ bos-lhr for $500 inc. taxes in Oct... looks like many other cities are included...it's the friends&family discount.

* Round-trip, 7-day advance purchase, non-refundable, select economy class fares and select "T" class fares for travel Sept. 05-Dec. 15, 2005 and Dec. 24-Mar. 31, 2006 from New York JFK and Newark to London on British Airways only. Higher fares apply for other travel dates, from other departure gateways and to other European destinations. Fares subject to gov't. approval & include gov't. fees/taxes ranging from $110 to $144 and a $2.50 September 11th Security Fee. Min. stay Sat. night required. Max stay 11 months. New bookings only, made Aug. 23-Sept. 05, 2005, subject to availability. Other significant restrictions apply. For full terms and conditions, click here.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:59 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Unbelievable fares, especially for this time of year. So... what's the catch?

Also, the promo page mentions other European (non-UK) destinations, but I haven't found any that don't significantly raise the fare.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Arse. I booked a WT+ flight ex-IAD just last week for $740 and thought it couldn't possibly get any cheaper.....just found it for $525
Old Aug 28, 2005, 2:47 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
I know..I can't believe how cheap it is. I priced my BOS-LHR flight out and I'm paying 1/2 of what the regular ba.com price is. I'm so glad I saw the link on fatwallet.com-I came here to post it but noticed someone else aready posted it.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 4:02 pm

Great Fare!

Any idea how I could combine this fare with a connection from SAN? via LAX, PHX or SFO?

Could always buy a separate ticket, but would prefer to combine the whole trip on one PNR if at all possible.

Cheers,

bonzo
Old Aug 28, 2005, 7:41 pm

Programs: NW PE, AC, AA, National EE
Originally Posted by bonzo
Great Fare!

Any idea how I could combine this fare with a connection from SAN? via LAX, PHX or SFO?

Could always buy a separate ticket, but would prefer to combine the whole trip on one PNR if at all possible.

Cheers,

bonzo
Add on is not permitted, as per fare rule.

RULE APPLICATION:
FRIENDS AND FAMILY US - GB/EUROPE APPLICATION AREA THESE FARES APPLY BETWEEN AREA 1 AND AREA 2. CLASS OF SERVICE THESE FARES APPLY FOR FIRST/BUSINESS/ECONOMY CLASS SERVICE. TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/SINGLE OPEN-JAW JOURNEYS. THESE FARES MAY NOT BE USED FOR INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP INCLUSIVE TOURS. FARES ONLY APPLY IF PURCHASED BEFORE DEPARTURE.EXCEPTION- MAY BE USED FOR EN-ROUTE UPGRADING FROM A LOWER FARE PROVIDED ALL CONDITIONS OF THESE FARES ARE MET. ---- FARES MAY NOT BE USED TO ESTABLISH A MTP FOR IT OR FLY-DRIVE PACKAGES. CAPACITY LIMITATIONS THE CARRIER SHALL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON ANY ONE FLIGHT AT FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE AND SUCH FARES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE AVAILABLE ON ALL FLIGHTS. THE NUMBER OF SEATS WHICH THE CARRIER SHALL MAKE AVAILABLE ON A GIVEN FLIGHT WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CARRIERS BEST JUDGMENT OTHER CONDITIONS PASSENGER EXPENSES NOT PERMITTED

MINIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS:
TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRSTINTERNATIONAL SECTOR.

STOPOVER RESTRICTIONS:
UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT USD 50.00 EACH.

MAXIMUM STAY REQUIREMENTS:
TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

CONDITIONS FOR THE COMBINATION OF FARES:
ADD-ONS NOT PERMITTED. END-ON-END END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH BA FARES. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. FARES MUST BE SHOWN SEPARATELY ON THE TICKET. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS -TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS. -TO FORM ROUND TRIPS HALF ROUND-TRIP FARE COMBINATIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED -TO FORM CIRCLE TRIPS. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR CARRIER BA IN ANY RULE AND TARIFF.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 8:27 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What a nightmare! A rtn WT+ is $200 cheaper than the WT+ rtn I bought 2 weeks ago... Tried doing a refund, but only the taxes are refundable.

Grrrr.... That is so annoying
Old Aug 28, 2005, 8:49 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Any way to purchase this with MFU on line?
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I had a look through the Exec Club website and although the fare was booked on days where the discount was available it showed me the fare I booked last week when I went through the 'Book and Upgrade' option.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by Jet2K
Any way to purchase this with MFU on line?

Cant be MFU'd on line, but it does state that they are "T" fares, which in theory are MFU-able. A call to BAEC should get it done.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by fbgdavidson
Arse. I booked a WT+ flight ex-IAD just last week for $740 and thought it couldn't possibly get any cheaper.....just found it for $525

I was just about to book flights today form IAD and MFU it, glad I "stumble" on the thread over at Mileage Run as I did not see it here.

I also thought the $740 price was never going to get any better, so much so I was worried that price would end yesterday
Old Sep 6, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
Thanks for this Tip

Thanks for posting that link. I booked a RT from ATL to LGW yesterday for only $531 RT in WT+. I hadn't flown BA on a paid ticket for a few years due to the disappointment in the awarding of FF miles on discounted tickets. For this price I couldn't say no and besides, I do miss the good service on the transatlantic flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.