I can now crossdress, thanks to HP.

Subscribe
I had a long trip back from EZE the other week. I only checked one bag, and it came through fine in Atlanta. I rechecked after customs, and then flew to LAX on DL, connecting to a HP flight to PHX. (Why fly the long way? The ticket from LAX was $399, from PHX $799!)

I get to PHX and no bag. I fill out the long form, and hope that I'll get the bag before I leave the next day for CT. (This is Friday, about 1pm)

No call before I leave the next day. Come back Sunday night. No message on my machine. No message on Monday. Tuesday, they finally call. I call them back on Wednesday morning to arrange delivery.

Some guy in a normal passenger car delivers the bag. Hmmm. I open up the bag, everything looks okay. But wait. There are some woman's boots in here. And some ratty tennis shoes. Not *my* ratty tennis shoes, but someone elses. Plus so far, 1 other woman's shoe. (I haven't emptied the bag totally out yet). It seems that when they found my bag, they decided to throw some other peoples stuff in there. (I had listed one pair of tennis shoes, where are MIA, but they're old, so I'm not too hurt). I don't know why they decided to throw more stuff in though. I think they have lost bags, and just throw stuff in from these.

I didn't complain, but I can think of some guys who come home with woman's boots in their bags getting in some trouble.

I realize this could be a DL problem, but since HP took the report, delivered the bag, and had the list of contents, I'm laying at their doorstep.

It's weird, I've been getting things this year in my luggage. I got a box cutter (with handle) from the TSA in my stuff, a padlock on one of my bags (TSA), and now woman's boots. I guess everyone loves me. My birthday is next week, so perhaps it was just an early present.
Oooof! That is the funniest post I've seen on here in ages.

I suspect, however, that TSA had more to do with it than any airline, given the other "bonus" items you received.
In the two times, out of hundreds of flights, that HP has misplaced my bags I've never had women's clothing inserted inside.
I guess the S in TSA stands for Santa? Wait until Christmas time to see what you get :-)

It is sort of scary though when this happens. Who knows what other stuff or even traces of drugs/explosives could have gotten into your stuff.
Quote: Oooof! That is the funniest post I've seen on here in ages.

I suspect, however, that TSA had more to do with it than any airline, given the other "bonus" items you received.
I'm 99% is was the airline and not TSA. First, no TSA tag inside, and second the tag seemed to have been torn off (wasn't on the bag when delivered), so I think they opened it up to compare the contents.
Quote: In the two times, out of hundreds of flights, that HP has misplaced my bags I've never had women's clothing inserted inside.
I don't consider shoes clothing in a normal sense. I'm going to do my laundry now, so I'll empty the bag out totally and perhaps I'll have some frilly panties that I can call my own.

I'll be humming, "These boots are made for walking" as I load the washing machine up.
It may have been of the TSA's work.

I had a similar problem just as the TSA was getting into high gear, delivering and setting up CTX machines en-mass, etc. I checked a bag, bag got lost, was delivered to me at home. I open the bag and discover something just isn't right - suitcase is mine, but the contents inside were not.

This was on another carrier and they paid the full claim. Thankfully I had receipts for most items as they were new - plus I had been shopping on this trip and some of what was in my suitcase was newly purchased in my travels (Nordstroms, Abercrombie & Fitch, stuff from REI, etc).

The new contents were more or less a teenagers clothing , south park t-shirts and some other interesting things.

When talking with the air carrier, they suspected it was the doing of the TSA during a checked luggage search. I suspect they emptied two suitcases and put the items back into the wrong one. I never did get my belongings back - the airline wasn't interested in the 'gifts' I got, so I just donated the clothing to goodwill.

This was just prior to when the airline would blame the TSA and the TSA would blame the airline. Luggage was locked too.

I've heard of this happening to a couple of other people and read one account in a newspaper about it. Ain't the TSA great?

SDF_Traveler
Well at least you got to your final destination in one piece. Just imagine if those HP pilots that were found drunk when they were supposed to work a PHX flight that day and were later arrested would have been assigned to your flight. This actually happened in Miami about a year ago. I guess it's another reason to love HP lol.