Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yeeeehaw Silver Prefered...with one flight!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-06PLT / DL-GLD / US-GLD / SPG-PLT / AMEX-CENT
Yeeeehaw Silver Prefered...with one flight!

Just received email

EARN SILVER PREFERRED STATUS
WITH JUST ONE FLIGHT

Enjoy the exclusive benefits of Silver Preferred status through February 28, 2006 and 1,500 bonus miles just by flying US Airways or US Airways Express to and from any of nine airports in Ohio or Georgia. This offer is valid for travel on paid fares between May 11, 2005 and July 31, 2005.

Silver Preferred membership comes with many exclusive benefits that are designed to make traveling with US Airways and Dividend Miles partners comfortable, convenient and rewarding. Register today and Silver Preferred membership will be yours just after one flight!

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...on_confirm.htm

To qualify, register one time before your next flight .
Old May 13, 2005, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Airbornecic
Just received email

EARN SILVER PREFERRED STATUS
WITH JUST ONE FLIGHT

Enjoy the exclusive benefits of Silver Preferred status through February 28, 2006 and 1,500 bonus miles just by flying US Airways or US Airways Express to and from any of nine airports in Ohio or Georgia. This offer is valid for travel on paid fares between May 11, 2005 and July 31, 2005.

Silver Preferred membership comes with many exclusive benefits that are designed to make traveling with US Airways and Dividend Miles partners comfortable, convenient and rewarding. Register today and Silver Preferred membership will be yours just after one flight!

http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...on_confirm.htm

To qualify, register one time before your next flight .

Delta has this same promo in many US markets such as Providence, Philly, Vermont and others. There is a thread about it on the Delta forum.
Old May 13, 2005, 7:15 pm

Wow! I guess things between US and DL are really heating up. Here are links about the DL promotion to which ryanBOS refers:

Delta forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428457
US Airways forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429705
Old May 13, 2005, 7:19 pm

Here's a link to the US Airways Promotion, which I found on the "News and Offers" section of the US Airways web site: http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/6549.htm .

Terms and Conditions: Only valid for residents of Georgia or Ohio. Registration is required once prior to departure to qualify. Retroactive credit will not be given prior to registration. Earn 1,500 bonus miles for each paid, qualifying flight to or from Akron/Canton, OH (CAK), Athens, GA (AHN), Atlanta, GA (ATL), Augusta, GA (AGS), Cincinnati, OH (CVG), Cleveland, OH (CLE), Columbus, OH (CMH), Dayton, OH (DAY) and Toledo, OH (TOL) between May 11, 2005 and July 31, 2005 on US Airways or US Airways Express. Purchase and fly one qualifying segment as outlined above and earn Silver Preferred status through February 28, 2006. Offer is not valid on codeshare flights operated by airline partners such as United Airlines. Bonus miles do not count toward Preferred status. Offer cannot be combined with any other bonus-mile offers or promotions, except for online booking bonuses for purchases at usairways.com. All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply.

Last edited by davohuang; May 13, 2005 at 7:21 pm
Old May 13, 2005, 8:49 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Interesting that it seems the USAirways promotion is restricted to residents of Georgia (ATL) and Ohio (CVG). Though I think they should have added Kentucky given that CVG is actually IN Kentucky! The Delta promotion did not restrict your state of residence, and there are conflicting reports if you had to originate in USAirways cities or just fly to there.
Old May 13, 2005, 8:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST

I'm an SP, I fly about 40 - 45k miles a year. Much on full-fare last minute tickets. This devalues my status even more, and makes it even harder for me to get upgrades (and I thought that was impossible).

Hooray for CCY. Idiots.
Old May 13, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Great News

I have 4 more LEB and ART flights booked on the dates that count from CMH
Old May 13, 2005, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
More SP's....just what we need.
Old May 14, 2005, 4:15 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Interesting that it seems the USAirways promotion is restricted to residents of Georgia (ATL) and Ohio (CVG). Though I think they should have added Kentucky given that CVG is actually IN Kentucky! The Delta promotion did not restrict your state of residence, and there are conflicting reports if you had to originate in USAirways cities or just fly to there.
In the past when they offered 3x miles for residents of CMH, the bonus was given to everybody who registered. Worth a try even if you are not resident of OH or GA.
Old May 14, 2005, 7:58 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by Jumpgate

I'm an SP, I fly about 40 - 45k miles a year. Much on full-fare last minute tickets. This devalues my status even more, and makes it even harder for me to get upgrades (and I thought that was impossible).

Hooray for CCY. Idiots.

If you fly 40-45k miles a year on full fare tickets you should at least be Gold. It doesn't affect your status one bit unless the new Silver actually starts flying U alot and that would be a good thing. With your full fare tickets you would still trump the roach "Silver" at the gate.
Old May 14, 2005, 3:33 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Jumpgate

Hooray for CCY. Idiots.
If you're coming that close, you need to consider a mileage run to put you over the 50K mark. There are plenty of resources here on FT to help you do that for a minimal time commitment and cost.
Old May 14, 2005, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
I think there is a difference between double EQM's, or 1000 online booking bonuses going towards Preferred or even the 20K thing and this one flight and youre US3. It is a slap in the face of those of us who a.) fly almost enough to be Gold on full fare tickets or b.) earn US3 status strictly on our own dime. DL was stupid to come up with it and US is stupid to go along with it. Then again, agreed that if the person doesn't fly, then it doesn't matter, but I'll be angry the day that I get trumped for an upgrade by a 5000 EQMer because of this promotion.
Old May 15, 2005, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Originally Posted by sts603
I think there is a difference between double EQM's, or 1000 online booking bonuses going towards Preferred or even the 20K thing and this one flight and youre US3. It is a slap in the face of those of us who a.) fly almost enough to be Gold on full fare tickets or b.) earn US3 status strictly on our own dime. DL was stupid to come up with it and US is stupid to go along with it. Then again, agreed that if the person doesn't fly, then it doesn't matter, but I'll be angry the day that I get trumped for an upgrade by a 5000 EQMer because of this promotion.

But you'll never know if that person has 1 EQM or 49,999 EQM....thats what sucks
Old May 15, 2005, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kdinino
But you'll never know if that person has 1 EQM or 49,999 EQM....thats what sucks
yeap....and it's why I'm dedicated to earning Gold this year....fair and square
Old May 15, 2005, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Just Gold??? Why not CP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.