Wiki Posts
Search

The 'Missing' Blue Elite Access Carpet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
The 'Missing' Blue Elite Access Carpet

So - this was mentioned in a thread below and I had to post a smart alleck comment there --- but after arriving at the airport - I looked closely at the carpet as I boarded my plane.

So the carpet is kind of thick and I guess has those slick resistant pricks (best work that I could think of) to hold it in place. I guess it is 6 x 9 or 10 feet.

So..... How could someone have gotten rolled up and taken to their room or out the door without being noticed?

If they are checking it on the plane --- it could not fit into a suitcase. How would you get it home? "Oh I would like to check this Elite Access carpet that I got at the FT Do." Or "Flight attendant - can you help me place this in the overhead bin?"

Are we really sure it was taken? Maybe a CO member took it back to IAH?

But I am still laughing my a$$ off ---- as I would like to get one. I will be watching ebay.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 2:38 pm

Maybe a local took it......
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Whoever did this, if its true, NOT C.O.O.L.

Seriously, they don't need you stealing their carpets....
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:31 pm

That's really funny. I can just picture someone rolling it up in front of everyone and then just walking on the aircraft with it underneath their arm.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:47 pm

We chuckled about the idea of "borrowing" it but it is damn sad that one of our own may have felt the need to add a big piece of blue carpeting to their house.

Is that any way to treat a great host?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by MBM3
We chuckled about the idea of "borrowing" it but it is damn sad that one of our own may have felt the need to add a big piece of blue carpeting to their house.

Is that any way to treat a great host?
Agreed. It was such a clever setup for the entry, and a real shame if someone took it.

Nicksterguy - I did see you get up a couple times during the presentation. How's it look in front of your fireplace?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 6:00 pm

I wonder if the Marriott has a surveillance camera in the area where the carpet was stolen from?
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by Sydneyjb
I wonder if the Marriott has a surveillance camera in the area where the carpet was stolen from?
It would not surprise me if they did. Someone who had one too many beers and got a little brave might get a surprise if they took it.

I laughed for about three minutes when I first saw that someone took it but it really is a sad case given the great hospitality CO and Cigarman provided.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by Sydneyjb
I seriously doubt it... they can hardly get one elevator to work. I can't imagine them being able to run surveillance cameras.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Originally Posted by channa
Nicksterguy - I did see you get up a couple times during the presentation. How's it look in front of your fireplace?
I noticed/wondered the same thing
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:16 am

Are we sure that environmental services did not take it by accident??

I realize that is PROBABLY not what happened but, it might be worth a call to ask.

Dan
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by dan1431
Are we sure that environmental services did not take it by accident??

I realize that is PROBABLY not what happened but, it might be worth a call to ask.

Dan
Given that the sign and the poles/ropes were left behind I think this is a HIGHLY unlikely possibility. I, too, wondered at the folks who got up in the middle of the presentation, but I figured folks had to go to the bathroom or something, as Larry was answering questions for a LONG time.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:31 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
I'm amused by the sponsored link for Berber Carpets that appeared between the posts in this thread.

Are we :-: enhanced :-: or what?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:41 am

If it was indeed "borrowed" by a FTer, it would have most likely have been a local. If so, please do the right thing and return it.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by snake

Are we :-: enhanced :-: or what?
By the way, Larry did slip an "enhanced" comment in Sat afternoon, in your honor I'm sure. I'll bet that he has been impressed with your technicolor commentary all these years...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.