Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE] Left 1 Feb 2018 : Westin Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Fitness Club Closure: September 24 - 26, 2016

From September 24 to September 26, 2016, the fitness club will be temporarily closed for maintenance. Please contact to the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

[GONE] Left 1 Feb 2018 : Westin Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Arrow [GONE] Left 1 Feb 2018 : Westin Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan [Master Thread]

Can someone please comment on transport from Shin Nagoya to Westin Nagoya Castle? It has been a couple of years since my last stay. It looks as if online at spg.com the Hotel has had a renovation. I was upgraded to a great suite with a full on view of the Castle on my last stay. It also sounds as if the Hotel has a Club lounge now. Is that the case? I do not remember that. Recent treatment of Ps? Regards
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:01 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
If you can read Japanese...

http://www.castle.co.jp/access/index.html

Looks like they may have a bus from the JR station.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
With regret can not. I remeber them having a shuttle now. So I must have taken a cab from the station. Would still appreciate information.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 4:39 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
They have a shuttle bus but it occurs once in an hour. And I remember that it was very hard to find the bus terminal(stop). So I recommend that you would take a cab. (around 1,000JPY)

I stayed there three years ago when I was with no eliete status of SPG, so I can not comment. But Westin Nagoya Castle is very famous for the nice treatment for PLT members. If available, you would be upgraded to a castle suite. They have a club lounge(floor) as well.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Yasuki. I was trying to give you a break from my e-mails. I got the rate of 9000 yen all in which I consider a bargain for Japan let alone a ok city like Nagoya. Regards
Old Mar 11, 2005, 9:33 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
RTWSTARALLIANCE, I posted a report on this property in a trip report from September 2004. Hopefully you'll have similar luck in getting the Castle Suite that's pictured on the website.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365498

The shuttle bus isn't too hard to find at the Nagoya Shinkansen station. It leaves at the top of the hour from 10AM - 8 PM. At $90 this is a bargain.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Wow. Kevin. That was great. I am going to print that. It will give me some reading on the plane. Thanks and regards
Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:55 am

RTWSTARALLIANCE: Hope you already have reservations at the Westin Nagoya. We tried to obtain a room at the inn about 4 months ago for mid-April and were told nothing was available, even though I'm a Platinum. There is a 2005 Expo that will be occuring in one of the superbs of Nagoya, and most hotel rooms have been taken. We had to stay again at the Marriott, and they were able to confirm a room based on my Life-Platinum status.

If you do stay at the Westin, my wife and I look forward to your detailed reports, right down to the checkboard slices of breakfast meats served on the Concierge level.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Again. Carpet squares. Are they buying those along with the Sheraton Yokohama? I was surprised to get the Hotel for 9000 yen all in. A bargain. I will be there in several hours. My wife said the I think fish that sat atop Nagoya Castle has been brought down see people can actually touch. It is supposed to bring to health, wealth and luch. I can always use more of that. I have no idea where it is but I intend to find it if possible. This will be my second trip to the Hotel. Will advise with report. Regards
Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:15 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
At Westin Nagoya, the single rooms are on the town side and on the other hand the twin rooms are on the castle side. Maybe you can see the beautiful Nagoya castle from your room. In Japan, the temperature is getting rising today. In my home, we can see only few the cherry blossoms. I do not know about Nagoya city, but I hope you could see any of the beatiful cherry blossoms at Nagoya castle.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Arrow Westin Nagoya Castle - Nagoya, Japan (Master Thread)

Preface: I am in Japan on a mini holiday and have a 7 day JR Green Car pass. Making the most of it. See my report under the Intercontinental/Priority Club forum for a interesting report on Sendai. A one night return stay at the Nagoya Castle Hotel.

Rate: Prepaid for a single, economy room on the town side. 9000 yen all in.

Transportation: Arrived into Nagoya Station from Sendai via Tokyo on JR. The shuttle bus to the Hotel is very easy to get to. Just head towards the JR Highway Bus "terminal" at Nagoya Station. The information counters will direct you in the correct way to reach. Very easy. Nice versus 1000 yen for the taxi. The shuttle runs from the Station at the top of the hour and from the Hotel at the bottom. That makes it every hour from each location. First leave from Station at 10:00 AM and last from Hotel to Station at 8:30 PM.

Check-in: I will tell you straight I did have reservations about checking in. I checked my reservations at spg.com before leaving Sendai this morning. No upgrade showing. I checked in downstairs and was very pleased to find I had a non-smoke room the the 8th floor (Executive Floor with Lounge on same floor) facing the Castle full on. Now the last time I was here I did get a Castle Suite but that had a offset view of the Castle.

Offered a P amenity which I picked the points. You can also have a 600 yen mini bar credit, half bottle of wine or a towel. Given a voucher for breakfast. Now here goes the memory. If you just want continental you can have that at the Lounge. The Lounge BTW does NOT have a view of the Castle. You can have a buffet which features American (so to speak) and Japanese offerings on 1 or Japanese only on B1. You also get admit to the Fitness Club. The Lounge does have a notebook computer with I assume HSIA.

Perks: As noted above.

Room: This is a nice size regular room with a Exceptional view. I can tell you it feels a little cramped but cramped the way you like it. Pluses galore. Highlights- a comfy chair with a table to view the Castle (with a cold beer), king size heavenly bed, a huge bathroom with shoji screens which open so you can view the Castle from the tub, bathroom amenities (lots) and free HSIA. One of the most comfortable rooms for its size.

Communications: I am on it. All rooms have internet access. The key here is access. The access is wi-fi. According to what I am reading only the Executive Floor rooms have HSIA via wire. A port is near the desk on a wall in my room.

Location: Excellent for the Castle. OK for everything else. A FYI. The Castle will host a special exhibit- The "New Century"- Nagoya Castle Exhibition. Now what I was after was being able to touch the Kinshachi or golden dolphins which are the symbols of Nagoya. The dolphins were brought down off the top of the Castle for the exhibitions. The Exhibition runs 19 March 2005 to 19 June 2005 with a goal of 1 million people. So I am early.

Closing: The Hotel is a bargain with a excellent reputation of taking care of SPG members and especially Ps. I am under no doubt it will be different with the Expo 2005 in full swing. So temper your expectations during that period. A excellent Hotel and great value for the yen. I am pleased. Regards from Nagoya. I will be at the Osaka Hilton tomorrow night so see my report on a visit to Himeji Castle and the largest underground shopping complex in Japan.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Mar 15, 2005 at 12:20 am
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:01 am

Thanks for the trip report. I look forward to my stay there later this month.

How close is this hotel to the subway? And which station?

TIA.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:44 am
Original Poster

The Tsurumai Line is near the Hotel. The station close to the Hotel for that line is- Sengencho. The line does not look to have a direct connection to Nagoya station. Stops along the line look to be- Nagoya City Science Museum, Shirakawa Park, Osu Kannon Temple and Tsuruma Park. You can make a connection at of all places Marunouchi (remember that from Tokyo) to Nagoya station. That is the Sakura-dori Line. The Concierge has a excellent color local map which gives detailed locations of things nearby the Hotel which includes the stations.

Also. The wired internet service is on/off. Not consistent. They must have it connected to a hamster cage. So I need to move them to 100% only as it is driving me crazy.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:50 am
Original Poster

I did breakfast on 1 this morning. It is buffet style and ok. Egg station and a large varied selection. One downside is the restaurant also hosts tour groups. So when they come in the place is swamped. I did not seeing anyone eating at the Lounge. The other spot on B1 seemed busy. Maybe I should have tried that. Next time. I did not receive a English paper this morning so I did that reading in the Lounge. The shuttle to the station runs as noted. The Hotel does have shuttle paid service to Centair. Regards from Nagoya. Next stop Osaka and Himeji Castle.

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Mar 15, 2005 at 4:08 pm
Old Mar 16, 2005, 12:29 pm

RTWSTARALLIANCE: I'm off to Nagoya in about 3 weeks and would appreciate any suggestions on sightseeing you thought was worthwhile. We have allocated 1 day for the Expo.

My wife and I will be staying again at the Marriott, and on our last visit, spent time at the Toyota factory watching autos being assembled, went to the castle, and the museum. We ate dinner in the arcade below the Marriott. Any recommendations on dinner as well?

Looks like there were no carpet squares for breakfast at this Westin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.