Wiki Posts
Search

Suite Redemption Alert

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Suite Redemption Alert

Foolishly, I transferred 120k in PC points to BA miles in a recent promo, as my calculations were based on standard room redemption - but every now & then there is suite availability, & occasionally Presidential ones(predominately in S.America).

Therefore just thought would start a thread where people could post great suite redemptions available in the IC Chain with points? To start with;

IC RESORT BERCHTESGADEN of course, as you can see from my recent posts, has currently the Presidential Suite available for 30k, saving at present exchange rates, $3,313.13 usd (something to casually mention to the passenger next to me on the Ryanair flight to Salzburg)

Last edited by tristan727; Mar 4, 2005 at 10:47 am
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:39 pm

Tristan, thanks!

Last edited by Zhaunk; May 3, 2005 at 1:14 am Reason: too much information
Old Mar 4, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Talking

got it for my wife's birthday in july!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:16 pm

Thanks!!! Two nights there fit our itinerary in September. Amazing,
it looks like a great mountain hotel, opening this month.
We will just have to drive from there to Paris, long day...
Old Mar 4, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Talking Wonderful!

My thanks to tristan727 as well.

We were in Salzburg last Easter and really enjoyed ourselves, and were hoping for an opportunity to return again; we certainly did not know that it would be this soon

Perhaps we can even organize a FTers "do" at Resort Berchtesgaden this summer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

International Airline seatmaps

Last edited by Jet2K; May 8, 2005 at 8:42 am Reason: Fixed broken link
Old Mar 4, 2005, 6:08 pm

Programs: IHG
Talking

Great offer. Thank you.

Have booked 2 nights in May (wife's birthday). I plan to use my free night certificate and stay a 3rd night.

I wonder if this is a genuine offer or if it will be removed . . . . .
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Can Ambassadors redeem the free weekend night certificate on a points stay? I am in Santiago's Presidential Suite March 10-13 for 30,000/night!
Old Mar 5, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by midnight
Great offer. Thank you.

Have booked 2 nights in May (wife's birthday). I plan to use my free night certificate and stay a 3rd night.

I wonder if this is a genuine offer or if it will be removed . . . . .
Have booked two wknd nights in August and would also like to use the free nights certificate for the second one of the two nights. Not a must though. I m also wondering whether they will pull back on that offer or honor it. Promises to be interesting.

Cheers and thanks for the tip tristan727 ^
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:12 am

I booked the King Suite

Last edited by Zhaunk; May 3, 2005 at 1:13 am Reason: too much information
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by vegasflyer
Can Ambassadors redeem the free weekend night certificate on a points stay? I am in Santiago's Presidential Suite March 10-13 for 30,000/night!
Nope. The night prior to the 2nd night free cert night must be a paid rate. So you'd likely have to book the suite at $3K or whatever it shows on the 10th to get it for the 11th using the cert, and then keep your award for the night of the 12th. In this case, save your cert for another trip.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:25 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Nope. The night prior to the 2nd night free cert night must be a paid rate. So you'd likely have to book the suite at $3K or whatever it shows on the 10th to get it for the 11th using the cert, and then keep your award for the night of the 12th. In this case, save your cert for another trip.
Thanks for the info Shareholder, as I was also planning on using the free wknd night cert. I guess I will let that idea go. 3K vs. 30,000 PC points seems like a tough choice though

CHeers ...
Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
checked reward availability on the night I've the Presidential Suite - not only is it not available (thank goodness as it is mine!), but no rooms or suites at all, so something going on.

Far as I am concerned, we are doing IC a favour in highlighting a problem they've not addressed since I joined - which is that every new European hotel which has opened I wanted to stay at, has had either no reward availability, or ridiculously high (like 450 euros a night for the new HI in Athens,months after the Olympics finished) rates on-line for several months after opening. ie. the Paphos IC has no reward availability at all right now. And who decided, or allowed the HI-X at Stansted to remain so ridicuously high in price for the first couple of months it opened - in the face of competition from the Hilton & the brand new (&looking dazzling) Radisson right next to the main Terminal?

So now, this un-preparedness has backfired on them, is all - finally we get a chance to stay at a new hotel.

Last edited by tristan727; Mar 5, 2005 at 1:33 pm
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:35 am

Right now it looks like award redemption (at IC Berchtesgaden) has been limited to the lowest category of suite, the Panorama Suite, and two categories of king - bedded rooms.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 1:19 pm

I recieved an email

Last edited by Zhaunk; May 3, 2005 at 4:36 pm Reason: too much information
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:53 pm

Unhappy

Unforunately, you have now alerted the hotel to the problem and they will probably close the option to reserve suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.