Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
Arrow Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North {US-TX}

Anybody stayed here recently? I'm taking Mrs Road King along for a couple day business trip and wondering what she might expect i.e. whats close by besides Bass Pro. (not one of her favorites) Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
There's not much around there. There is a mall across the highway (but not easy to walk to, I think). No big-name stores or anything; I was not greatly impressed. I have heard that downtown Grapevine is cute, but I have never been there so cannot comment on it. Your wife would definitely need a car to get to Grapevine. Other than that, the ES is basically out in the middle of nowhere. It's a nice place to stay, and there is a decent restauarant between the hotel and Bass Pro, but that is about all one can say about it.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Road King
Anybody stayed here recently? I'm taking Mrs Road King along for a couple day business trip and wondering what she might expect i.e. whats close by besides Bass Pro. (not one of her favorites) Thanks

there is the Gaylord Texas about .5 mile there and you can go in there and checki it out. It is pretty cool.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 6:50 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
It's a very nice place, I earned Diamond status in that hotel for 2 years running. I don't really care to be that far out anymore so I have been staying at the Park Cities Hilton these days, but it's a nice place. The recommendation on the Gaylord is a good one, also there is a Hilton across the street from the Embassy suites that has better ammenities, but the rooms are not as nice.

Scott
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:31 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
I think it is one of the best ES I have stayed at. The customer service is very good. The Mrs. will definitely need a car. We drove into Dallas during the middle of the day to see where JFK was shot - we all found it very worth while (we are all in our 40's-50's). It took us 20 minutes with no traffic.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Grapevine Mills Mall is close by and is an outlet mall

Off price stores of Neiman Marcus and Saks. I think the Embassy runs a free shuttle.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the info. Mrs. Road King and I are off this am to return Sat. (actually will get Part of a weekend at home ^ )
Old Mar 3, 2005, 5:46 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Jassy-50
there is a decent restauarant between the hotel and Bass Pro
Yes, I had a great steak there. Also bar upstairs has all sorts of beer samplers. The place is huge; a giant cavern full of cowboys/girls. You're from KS so maybe not as novel to you as to a guy from the Southeast, but it was worth a visit.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

I would agree this is one of the nicer E/S properties. We were upgraded to a corner suite. (same basic room only with a covered balcony that was nice!) The staff was all very accommodating and friendly. Good food in the restaurants and at an evening banquet dinner. Mrs. Road King enjoyed the mall and did actually spend an hour or so with me looking through Bass Pro. ^ It is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but we would definately stay there again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.