Wiki Posts
Search

"Pet Class"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

"Pet Class"

Hello Folks,
Well I looked on the UA website and didn't find much about it. I travel with my little dog just about everywhere I go and find it great that they reward the 160 dollar tickets for them somehow. My question is what are the rewards? Miles? I saw the bonus 2500 and that was about it. ANy info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:20 am

this is what I found So I guess I woudl call to enroll

United also has been named "Official Airline of the American Kennel Club" and is launching Pet Class just in time for the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship being held in Tampa, Fla., on Jan. 15 and 16.

"United is pleased to introduce United Pet Class for our customers who enjoy traveling with their pets," said Jerry Dow, managing director-Worldwide Advertising and Promotions for United Airlines. "We recognize that pets are members of the extended family and an important part of our customers' lives. We are honored that the AKC has chosen to fly United."

From a beluga whale to two silverback gorillas, United has transported all kinds of living creatures with care and attention. Whether shipping pets as checked baggage or riding with them in the cabin, Pet Class customers who register for the offer will earn the bonus miles when they purchase and complete one paid, qualifying roundtrip flight to any United destination worldwide, so long as the pets accompany them on at least one segment of the same itinerary. The offer is good from now until May 27, 2005.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by InDiAnBoY821
Hello Folks,
Well I looked on the UA website and didn't find much about it. I travel with my little dog just about everywhere I go and find it great that they reward the 160 dollar tickets for them somehow. My question is what are the rewards? Miles? I saw the bonus 2500 and that was about it. ANy info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Pet Class

Quick links:

Shop for flights

Special deals

Vacation packages

Mileage summary

Customer support

See Spot Fly.
Fly, Spot, Fly.
Earn Miles, Spot! in

Now pets are eligible for top-notch travel perks, just like their owners: United Mileage Plus® members can earn miles for flying with companions who bark, meow and chirp.

To serve the needs of United customers who are pet owners and committed animal lovers, United introduces United Pet Class. The program offers Mileage Plus members the chance to earn 1,200 bonus miles when their pets fly with them.

Register now and fly a paid, qualifying trip with your pet.

To take part in this promotion, you must first register with your Mileage Plus number. Not a Mileage Plus member yet? Click here to join.

United also has been named "Official Airline of the American Kennel Club"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offer Terms and Conditions (MPD245)
To qualify for this offer, members must register, then purchase and complete one paid qualifying roundtrip flight to any United destination worldwide with their pets traveling on at least one segment of the same itinerary from now to May 27, 2005. For this offer, roundtrip travel is defined as two each-way trips that depart from and return to the same co-terminal booked in a single reservation under one ticket number; a flight segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
Tickets purchased through United reservation offices are $5 per ticket higher and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are $10 per ticket higher.
Offer valid for residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands only.
Bonus miles will post 6–8 weeks after completed qualifying activity.
Not combinable with other offers.
Bonus may be earned for a maximum of two times.
Passenger must be a member of United’s Mileage Plus frequent flyer program for travel to qualify for this offer.
You will earn 1200 bonus miles for purchasing and flying United First (F, A, P fares only), United Business (C, D, Z fares only) or United Economy (Y, B, E, U, M, H, Q, V, W, S fares only).
Offer valid on paid, published fares.
Not valid on government fares.
Registration Requirement: Passenger must register for this offer prior to travel during the valid travel period of this offer in order to qualify for the program. To register for the offer, go to www.united.com/petmiles.
General pets travel rules apply. For details, please go to www.united.com/pets.
E-TicketSM purchase is required.
Valid on United®, United Express® and TedSM, and not applicable on United code-share flights. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite and class-of-service bonuses.
Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify.
Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com.
Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Pet Class - EXCELLENT

This is great news. We are in process of travelling to S. America with our pet cat and are realizing how strict some airlines are such as BWIA. These airlines need to improve their policy.

My vote for United for thinking outside the box. BRAVO!
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
It's nice to see a lot of high end programs targeted to pet owners. I see a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels now allowing dogs. Checked into my favorite resort in Squaw Valley last weekend with our Lab, and she loved the snow. Kudos to United for recognizing this.

FDuvall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.