Search

I'm so thrilled ... just qualified for FO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Wink I'm so thrilled ... just qualified for FO

With a Song flight today from FLL to LGA, I crossed the exalted 25,000-mile threshold and, as of March 1, will be FO for the first time since 1998. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Well, I guess it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, or becoming a really lowly general SM member ...
Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM
I thought you were a GM like it says in your profile.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the benefits of being SkyTeam Elite.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by vasantn
With a Song flight today from FLL to LGA, I crossed the exalted 25,000-mile threshold and, as of March 1, will be FO for the first time since 1998. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Well, I guess it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, or becoming a really lowly general SM member ...

Congrat's vasantn!! I know you had a period of time where you didn't do much business travel. So it's good to be back at the Elite level even if it's only FO.
And at the rate you're going this year, you might even make Platinum Lite™ before the end of the year......
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:39 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by gelizon
I thought you were a GM like it says in your profile.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the benefits of being SkyTeam Elite.
The year for Delta status ends on 02/28 and the GM in the profile probably reflects his 2003 Delta activity. He was referring to the fact that he is being downgraded to FO as of 03/01 but at least made it over the threshold to remain a Medallion. He apparently did not fly Delta much in 2004.

Anyway, please add my congratulations to the list!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
The year for Delta status ends on 02/28 and the GM in the profile probably reflects his 2003 Delta activity. He was referring to the fact that he is being downgraded to FO as of 03/01 but at least made it over the threshold to remain a Medallion. He apparently did not fly Delta much in 2004.

Anyway, please add my congratulations to the list!
You are absolutely correct, RunawayNFly. My 2004 MQMs were under 10,000 and would have dropped me to general member, but I avoided that fate thanks to an early 2005 BOM trip which by itself netted me nearly 25,000 MQMs.

As a matter of fact, I was PM from 1999 to 2003, when I pretty much stopped flying DL and switched to AA. But I was only dropped one level to GM for 2004, even though my 2003 DL activity was also fairly minimal.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
You are absolutely correct, RunawayNFly. My 2004 MQMs were under 10,000 and would have dropped me to general member, but I avoided that fate thanks to an early 2005 BOM trip which by itself netted me nearly 25,000 MQMs.

As a matter of fact, I was PM from 1999 to 2003, when I pretty much stopped flying DL and switched to AA. But I was only dropped one level to GM for 2004, even though my 2003 DL activity was also fairly minimal.
Glad you didn't have to go all the way down to a general member. Look at the bright side, you are a third of the way back to PM.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indufan
Glad you didn't have to go all the way down to a general member.
Amen to that ... just the thought of standing in the general security line at LGA gives me nightmares!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:00 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Amen to that ... just the thought of standing in the general security line at LGA gives me nightmares!
Since you contribute so much to this board, I am confident that we could start a conga for loaning you current medallion cards to get ya through the line! Just place your thumb over the name!!!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
Since you contribute so much to this board, I am confident that we could start a conga for loaning you current medallion cards to get ya through the line! Just place your thumb over the name!!!
Great idea ... I'll probably take you up on that in 2006!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Great idea ... I'll probably take you up on that in 2006!
vasantn, are you coming back to DL?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 1:49 am

A Cold sweat broke just by reading this
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
vasantn, are you coming back to DL?
Most likely not, unless AA makes more dumb changes to its FF program. The way things are going, I fear that AA may have engaged Leo Mullin as a consultant! If AA chops more benefits, anything is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.