Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Expired Presidents Club Passes - wrote, got new ones!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2005, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;

So my GF was sitting on a few (4) expired CO Prez Club passes (the ones that were no longer accepted after 11/21/04). I decided to write to Continental and ask for replacements for her - after all, these passes had NO expiration date, and aside from signs at the Prez Clubs, holders of these passes were not notified that they were no longer accepted.

The Presidents Club people shot her down right away. She then e-mailed CO Cares with the same story, was asked to fax (and subsequently mail in) the certs she had, and was given 2 new ones! Instead of four expired certs she received two that have her name on them (looks like I won't be able to use one of them after all...), don't allow guests and are valid for a year. It would have been nice to get the same amount of certs as what she sent in, but I'm not complaining.

Moral of the story - If you're still holding on to any, you might get some 'replacement' ones - write CO Cares and give it a shot!
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
I just found people on ebay selling Prez Club passes with "No EXP DATE" It's too bad the buyers, and the many people bidding, don't know that the passes have in fact expired.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:41 pm

I didn't know either

C'est la vie - was hanging on to a few from my Plat days - glad I know before I tried to use one

Last edited by AlecM; Jan 29, 2005 at 7:02 pm
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:14 am

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
Unhappy

Wish I'd thought of that before I threw mine out.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:52 am

I have a couple different Prz Club passes. Got them for qualifying elite status. How do I know which ones has expired?
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've gotten my daughter the Presige Pack a couple of times (She's 13 now), and I used the PC certs in there (with her name), with no problem. The last time was 2 weeks ago in ATL.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:54 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
I have used expired Club Passes from the Prestige Packs numerous times.. and never had a problem.. They did check the name but never commented on the expiration...
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I have used expired Club Passes from the Prestige Packs numerous times.. and never had a problem.. They did check the name but never commented on the expiration...
PrivatePilot - have you used your expired Prestige Pack Club Passes recently (post 11/21/04?) That was the date when the Elite free passes were no longer accepted and the PCs were supposed to pay more attention to expiration dates on all other passes. I'm curious because I have an expired Prestige Pack somewhere...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.