Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Comparison Chart 2005

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:49 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

Well it's that time of year again to reassess where programs are going. Haven't heard much yet about 2005 changes, but post here and I will update the comparison chart.

Thanks everyone for the ongoing updates over the last five plus years, your contributions are acknowledged.

Just click on the link. I have posted the 2005 Star Alliance Gold comparison chart at: BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart

For those who want the word processor version of the star alliance comparison chart, click on the link (Word XP-100K) at the page the link below takes you to and your word processor should open and then you can use your "Save As" to save it to one of your directories. Alternately you can right click on the link and it should ask you where you want to save the file to.

BlondeBomber's Download Page
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:33 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think you have most of the NZ Airpoints recent changes (16 Nov 04). However there are some aspects we are continuing to find out how it is implemented (comms unclear) so may need to make some updates.

A key change for some FTers is the residency restriction has been removed. Anyone can join NZ Airpoints (joining fee applies unless NZ Koru Club or premium pax), although those who dont fly NZ within membership year are charged an annual fee.

Other major changes were:

fixed earning and burning rates based on sector and airline flown (and class)

highly geared towards premium pax (can earn 3 or more times full econ)

any seat awards - can use airbucks (Airpoints Dollars) to pay for any seat (1AD=1NZD or 1AuD for Australians)
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
LH HON Circle level is not included.

LH SEN is now the middle level LH Status between FTL * Silver and HON * Gold.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:28 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks Kiwi Flyer, tried to reflect comments in chart.

HON has now been added under SEN since so many of benefits are same/similar. If there are more benefits that I am unaware of, please identify here.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I like your chart but you missed out on the best benefit of the LH HON card,

Exclusive access to HON Circle Lounges in FRA and soon MUC, and some minor benefits most HON card holders won't care about (hotel status like Hilton Gold or all the magazines they get at airports or on planes anyway):

1. Usage of the new First Class terminals and lounges: Now two new lounges (in T1 and T2) and one new Terminal in Frankfurt (200 meters west of T1, with Limo-Service (Porsche Cayenne or Mercedes S Class) to the plane - you can drop your car or rental car at their door and they will keep care of it, while some "Personal assistant" will keep care of you and your pre-flight-formalities, whilst you eat a gourmet dinner or drink fine whiskeys till you drop...). Future plans for Terminal in MUC 2006 and lounge in Vienna 2005.

The gourmet restaurant in the terminal is NOT catered by the canteen-cooks of LSG, but by the highly rated Vienna cooks from Do & Co catering (who also do the catering in the OS premium products). The guest can choose between some fine snacks and multi-course-menus. There are 20 kinds of coffee in 50 brands of Whiskey (hicks!).

2. Service on arrival worldwide: A Personal Assistant will be at your service for your arrival or departure (no more details yet). Hope they cast beautiful models for that and not the usual LH-dragons!

3. Free subscription for loads of magazines: Honholders will get Stern, Financial Times, Focus, Capital, Welt, WamS and FAZ delivered for damned free to their housedoor.

4. Free membership in some quite good loyality programs (all without paperwork, just a one-click-internet-document!!!):
- Avis President's Club.
- Sixt Diamond Card for you & partner (incl. double upgrades!).
- Hilton HHonors Gold VIP Status.
- Hyatt Platinum Gold Passport membership.
- Kempinski Private Concierge Programme.
- Platinum membership in the Vodafone Stars programm

Last edited by flamboyant 1; Jan 11, 2005 at 12:28 pm
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:27 pm

And:

Reduced Mileage awards for North American Members do NO LONGER exist, regardless of their status!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks flamboyant1!

Your credit hasn't been removed--itis still in there (right after mad_atta). I'll work on getting those changes in there.

Don't we get cheaper flights anymore from North America?

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Jan 11, 2005 at 12:35 pm
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Hey

So, TG Royal Orchid Plus Gold (*G) will give access to the TG Royal First Class Lounges even when not flying first ? Never experienced that. Where did you get that from?

If it's true, would be really happy to try that out the next time in BKK.

thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:18 am

Saw the acknowledgement, sorry, overread it myself.

No, same mileage award levels for all countries I think, see new Star Award chart on LH. Certainly same levels in ALL WESTERN COUNTRIES.
No more cheaper awards from North America.

Maybe be very small and redundant difference for a few middle east countries where one can also pool family accounts.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:04 am
dd

i don't see usair anywhere... they are star alliance now

also, when do south african and tap join? sometime soon right?

also, ua now permits usage of north american upgrades to hawaii, not sure about the other destinations...

Last edited by dd; Jan 12, 2005 at 2:19 am
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:18 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for the heads up RWY02KTM. Must have been offered way back as it appeared in my first comparison chart back in 1998! All info is from ff program members (as well as company websites). Until I hear otherwise, I have removed first class access from the chart as it no longer appears correct.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:31 am
Original Member
Original Poster

dd: actually US and JK (Spanair) are both missing from the charts. If you would like to volunteer to fill out US' details, I am sure it would be appreciated (we presume US will survive!).

Spanair's program is uninspiring and ONLY (according to Spanair's wbsite) offers:

Gold – superior level that is awarded to those flyers who accumulate 10,000 Star points or 50 flights with Spanair (Flexible Tariffs) during the Spanair year Extra (from the 1 of April to the 31 of March of the following year).

Check in at Star Gold counters
additional luggage of 20 kgs
Star Gold lounge access
free Silver companion card
priority waitlist

If anyone has any more info, it would be appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:46 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks dd: have updated NA upgrades (Region 1) and included Spanair (what little I know--why would anyone join this program, maybe there are MORE benefits?).

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Jan 12, 2005 at 7:18 am
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:23 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Ana ?

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Thanks dd: have updated NA upgrades (Region 1) and included Spanair (what little I know--why would anyone join this program, maybe there are MORE benefits?).

hi blondebomber great chart

but i was wondering in 2004 where is ANA as one of the founding star allaince members?

in 2005 chart i can not find it .

regards dp
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:03 am
Original Member
Original Poster

NH now included. Need more info on upgrades though (ie certificates in package, what fares are they good on?) Also check for accuracy/other benefits. Seems like a pretty good program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.