Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HR Perimeter Suites Atlanta Northwest REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 8, 2004, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum

Anyone have any experiences staying at the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest (i.e. Marietta)? Is this a pretty dated property?
Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:58 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I have a review posted at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu/ - but to answer your question directly, yes the hotel is a bit dated but well maintained and a great value.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Anyone have any experiences staying at the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest (i.e. Marietta)? Is this a pretty dated property?
JohnnyP, I live about eight miles from this property and often park relatives there during holidays and the like. It is somewhat dated, but the rooms are clean, well-maintained and generously sized. There are also quite a few restaurant options nearby (I recommend Sal Grosso, a nearby Brazilian rodizio, less than 1/2 mile away). I have found the staff to be responsive and accommodating of special requests.

The only negatives I can cite are that the hotel does a lot of wedding business (so weekends can be a hit-or-miss affair) and that parking is scarce, and so it is sometimes at a premium (so don't come back to the hotel too late in the evening).

If you'd like for me to go into further detail, or if you have specific questions, please feel free to PM me. You can also e-mail me at [email protected].
Old Jun 7, 2005, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt diamond, Usair Northwest silver
Smile Hyatt Perimeter Siutes Marietta Ga

Hello,
If any saavy travelers are needing a great hotel in the metro Atlanta area, I highly recommend this hotel. All rooms are more than 600 sq feet with two rooms( a true suite), high speed wireless access, large bathrooms, nice furniture and higher quality tv's(Panasonic) than many Park Hyatts. The service is exemplary; from Sherri at the front desk to David in the bar, I have been treated to great service. I have stayed here many times and look forward to future stays.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 2:02 am
Suspended

Print the ad from www.roomsaver.com and the property goes for $ 69 from Thursday until Sunday, at least a 50 % discount of the usual $ 130 rates on Thursdays, weekends rates tend to be in the $ 80-90 range.

As pointed out it is a nice property, they have a Business Center on the top floor and another Internet Computer next to the lobby bar, if you do not carry a notebook.

Breakfast is Continental for Diamonds, American comes with a $ 4 surcharge.A Target store is close by , go back to Interstate, cross the bridge and take a left down the hill.

Parking is free and the suites have been recently renovated, so can easily match with the Grand and Regency rooms, however are certainly bigger.Bathrooms are nicer in the Grand, but since the Regency Club there is closed on weekends, no incentive at all to stay at the more expensive Grand or Regency, if you do not need to be in the respective areas...
Old Aug 8, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Gold; OnePass; SkyMiles
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by howinus
Hello,
If any saavy travelers are needing a great hotel in the metro Atlanta area, I highly recommend this hotel. All rooms are more than 600 sq feet with two rooms( a true suite), high speed wireless access, large bathrooms, nice furniture and higher quality tv's(Panasonic) than many Park Hyatts. The service is exemplary; from Sherri at the front desk to David in the bar, I have been treated to great service. I have stayed here many times and look forward to future stays.
I couldn't agree more. this place is the most bang for your buck in the metro Atlanta area, and only 10 minutes by Interstate (non-rush-hour) to Buckhead or Midtown Atlanta. The staff always remember one's name, and the all-suite accomodations are BIG. During the summer, ask for a room NOT near the wedding marquee. Just across the street is a new, good Thai restaurant, Red Elephant.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver
Hi, I have an upcoming stay here and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting upgraded to a "regency suite" at this property. I'm bringing family, so I think the extra bathroom and space would be nice, but the front desk agent told me that it would be a $125 charge per night and wouldn't transfer me to the front desk manager to ask either...
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by superbobx2
Hi, I have an upcoming stay here and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with getting upgraded to a "regency suite" at this property. I'm bringing family, so I think the extra bathroom and space would be nice, but the front desk agent told me that it would be a $125 charge per night and wouldn't transfer me to the front desk manager to ask either...

Completed just another stay at the property, but was never upgraded to a Regency Suite. 5 years after the renovation, the rooms still look new and modern, the design was a first early preview of the current Hyatt designs rolled out during later renovations. TV's and phones, however, are older models, windowns need to be replaced soon, though.

Breakfast buffet was relatively small, but included hash browns, sausages, toast and bacon as hot options, fresh fruit and a selection of danish and scones were also available.

Still a very good value in Metro Atlanta and preferable to the Grand & Regency, however with all those Hyatt Place properties around, one has quite some alternatives in Atlanta.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:48 am

Also stayed here and would echo the recommendation to request the side away from the wedding area. I was on the bad side on the highest floor (7th) and there was loud, thumping bass until 12:30 or 1:00 am.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Diamond Upgrade

I realize this is an all-suite property, but does anyone have experience using a Diamond Suite Upgrade award here? If so what type of room does it book into?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JD623
I realize this is an all-suite property, but does anyone have experience using a Diamond Suite Upgrade award here? If so what type of room does it book into?

Thanks!
They only have two different categories, IIRC , so if a cert can be used, it would get you a Regency Suite. Not worth it, IMO.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:39 am
Suspended

Any updates on this puppy? Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Any updates on this puppy? Thanks.
In my opinion, the Perimeter Suites are still a very good value for money in a city where Hyatt offers tremendous value for money and more or less at least one property in every neighborhood. As pointed out some months ago, the exterior needs a major renovation soon and the whole architecture is vintage 1980's, but the suites are spacious and the breakfast buffet is okay, albeit limited.

Probably comes down to the price difference and your desired place to be in Atlanta, especially since they renovated certain areas of the Grand in Buckhead. IIRC, the Grand Club there used to be closed on weekends and the Perimeter Suites normally do not charge more than $ ~ 85 on weekends...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FD1971
In my opinion, the Perimeter Suites are still a very good value for money in a city where Hyatt offers tremendous value for money and more or less at least one property in every neighborhood. As pointed out some months ago, the exterior needs a major renovation soon and the whole architecture is vintage 1980's, but the suites are spacious and the breakfast buffet is okay, albeit limited.

Probably comes down to the price difference and your desired place to be in Atlanta, especially since they renovated certain areas of the Grand in Buckhead. IIRC, the Grand Club there used to be closed on weekends and the Perimeter Suites normally do not charge more than $ ~ 85 on weekends...
Thank you very much for the update.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:47 am
Suspended

At the property now. Boy, it is like I just stepped into a time machine that sent me back to 1980. Big tube TV. This hotel is oolldd school. Not sure I would stay here again unless I got the same rate...$63 plus $25 F&B credit (Costco) plus free breakfast and free internet (Diamond).

I also got assigned an accessible room which I hate. The printer in the business center just printed completely black pages....must be great for the toner cartridge.

Last edited by JFKSFOLAX_friend; Sep 21, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.