Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double Status Credits - Targeted Promotion

Double Status Credits - Targeted Promotion

Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
Exclamation Double Status Credits - Targeted Promotion

Received a Frequent Flyer email today with details on a targeted promotion offering double status credits on all QF operated services between 15 Nov 2004 and 15 Feb 2005. Promotion is called "Fast Track to Gold" (I am currently Silver). Some of the t&c's as included in the email:

Status credits are only earned on Qantas operated services with a 'QF' flight number on your ticket. Flights operated by Australian Airlines and Jetstar with 'QF' on the ticket are excluded. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Your Qantas Frequent Flyer number must be recorded in your booking before travel has commenced. Status credits will be automatically tracked and credited to your account within 24 hours of travel. This offer is available only to selected Qantas Frequent Flyers and is not transferable.

Thought this may be of interest!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Tech Noir
If I was targeted it would *definitely* be of interest, could someone say NZ run! Alas my Inbox looks surprisingly bare, so methinks it'll be more like a slow track back to Silver for me this year .
Old Nov 11, 2004, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A nice promotion. Not as nice as one they have done in the past. I got targetted for a similar promotion a few years ago with double miles plus double status credits. An amazing giveaway. I did LHR-SYD in J as a WP roundtrip and earned approx 95,000 miles plus approx 1040 SCs in the space of 72 hours.

Dave
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:00 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
So why am I am never targetted for these double promotions. I have not even been offered as much as a double scotch on the rocks .
Old Nov 12, 2004, 5:39 am

Programs: QF SG, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Tech Noir
I got this as well - Woohoo! I was pondering how i'd makeup the 40SC's i was going to be short on renewing Silver - But now the ~200SC's i'll get from an NZ holiday in december will mean I will renew during that trip sometime.

Hmm.. Do NZ JetConnect flights count as "Qantas Operated"?

(Pity it starts on the 15th, as i just got off a B class SYD-PER )
Old Nov 12, 2004, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
A nice promotion.
Not nice for me ... empty inbox here too.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 1:08 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Likewise.

I'm waiting for a QF targetted promotion to get FTers over the barrier to lifetime PS. That'll be a real bebefit (not).
Old Nov 12, 2004, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globaliser
I didn't get targetted either, however that doesn't stop me thinking that it is a nice promotion for those targetted for it. Perhaps I am not being selfish enough

Dave
Old Nov 12, 2004, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

QF JetConnect

Originally Posted by chrisb
... Do NZ JetConnect flights count as "Qantas Operated"?
Yes. You will get the SC's. JetConnect is a QF owned subsidary using NZ based crew (lower cost) and old 737's from QF Australia
Old Nov 12, 2004, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
A nice promotion. Not as nice as one they have done in the past. I got targetted for a similar promotion a few years ago with double miles plus double status credits. An amazing giveaway. I did LHR-SYD in J as a WP roundtrip and earned approx 95,000 miles plus approx 1040 SCs in the space of 72 hours.

Dave

Ah, yes, just after 09/11 - I remember it well. Coincided with the Air Pacific gift of an upgrade at the gate NAN-SYD, which resulted in full J points and status credits being applied to my account, which were then doubled by QF.

Brilliant!
Old Nov 13, 2004, 4:15 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Thumbs down Darn it

I'm silver and they didn't target me. Sob. Flying business class from HKG-AKL next month. @#$%^! Could have made it to gold... if double. I wonder if I can request for the program.
By chance this is a hoak?

Last edited by Wongo; Nov 13, 2004 at 4:17 am Reason: Any chance this promotion doesn't exist?
Old Nov 13, 2004, 4:26 am

Programs: QF SG, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Wongo
I'm silver and they didn't target me. Sob. Flying business class from HKG-AKL next month. @#$%^! Could have made it to gold... if double. I wonder if I can request for the program.
I do wonder how those picked people - There's not a hope in hell of me making Gold, however, I do have 2 things making me a target - My travel is slightly down on last year (so maybe they think i'm moving to Virgin?), and I almost always travel on tickets in high economy fare classes (mainly B and some full Y).

Oh, and i assume it's real, the email had my current status credit count in it, and quoted PER-SYD credits, so it seems to know me.

Chrisb.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:04 am

Programs: QF SG-OW Sapphire, AA nobody, Marriott nobody, Velocity-where everybody's a nobody,Hertz#1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by Wongo
Thought I'd stop lurkin' for a change
Nope not a hoax, I've received the email as well. I'm not sure of QF's criteria for the promo but since joining QFF in March this year I've earned 500 SC's and need 200 SC's to achieve SG by March 05. All of this has been SF travel in N, or O SYD-BNE-SYD and a BNE-LAX-YVR-LAX-BNE in D back in May.

I probably would have made SG anyway seeing they haven't credited my account yet for the LAX-YVR sector from May (60 SC's) and a BNE-SYD (10 SC's) from a couple of months ago where I was bumped to DJ because of a bird strike. I've been meaning to contact QFF and rectify the situation but I might wait untill after the SC's from this coming weeks SYD-BNE-SYD are credited......

Anyway with a further three SYD-BNE-SYD's between now and New Year I should be 10 SC's short of SG by 03/01/05.
Thanks QF!!! - free HP's sooner!!!!!

Last edited by Dazer; Nov 13, 2004 at 7:08 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:09 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Gee, I'll have to see whether Mrs QF WP has been targeted...she has a number of flights that would help her back over the line (K class BNE/MEL/BNE, a V BNE/SYD/BNE and another V BNE/AKL/SYD/BNE on the horizon before the close of play).

Now to ask her nicely whether she got the email...
Old Nov 14, 2004, 2:59 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
Angry

I didn't get the email either. That's probably because I've already booked my J flight to Europe for January and they didn't want me to get to Platinum .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.