Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upgrade expiration date weirdness on ual.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2004, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hopefully it's just a bug that will vanish with the morning dew, but the expiration date of ALL my upgrades -- SWU's, confirmed N.A., and 500 milers -- just advanced by an apparently random number of months on the ual.com chart. For example, my newly awarded SWU's for 2005 currently show that they expire in 9/05 instead of 1/06 as they should (and my remaining 2004 ones expire in December 2004).

Strange, but I assume this will get fixed when the howls of protest start, unless -- oh dear! -- it's just mine!
Old Oct 31, 2004, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the 1K Only Web Site:

Please Note:
SWUs issued in October will initially have an expiration date of October 31, 2005.

SWUs issued in November will initially have an expiration date of November 30, 2005.

SWUs issued in December will initially have an expiration date of December 31, 2005.

If these early-issue SWUs are not used this year, the expiration dates will change, in early January 2005, to January 31, 2006. So rest assured that all six of your SWUs are valid through January 2006.
In other words: Pay no attention to wacky and floating expiry dates that appear on your account regarding these advanced Systemwides. They will convert to January 2006 expiry dates.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yeah, I think this was discussed on at least one other thread.

I just put in a request for this Q&A to be added to the United Airlines FAQ sticky.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:25 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's great, but I was worried about the change in expiration date for all my other upgrades too. However, I just checked again, and they are all back to what they used to be!

So either it was a figment of my imagination (entirely possible given that most of my life is lived in Fantasyland these days) or a temporary glitch that got repaired. In either case, as Rosanne Rosanna-Danna used to say, "Never mind!"

P.S. Bonus points for remembering who Rosanne Rosanna-Danna was.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
P.S. Bonus points for remembering who Rosanne Rosanna-Danna was.
Although I'm relatively young (23) I do love the ealiest episodes of SNL!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am counting the chicken before they hatch...

I am expecting to make 1K this year. When do you get the SWUs? Would I only get them for next year? Or, I get a pro-rated amount based on when I make 1K?

For the new year, when do they issue them? Do you need to have them before you request an upgrade for a future trip?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 9:20 am
Suspended

I think this is a double post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.