Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL / Philadelphia BA oneworld Lounge (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2004, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
PHL / Philadelphia BA oneworld Lounge (consolidated)

Coming back from PHL yesterday I asked the check in agents where the BA lounge is figuring it had to be better than the AC landside. She told me it was over on on the opposite side of the A terminal and doesn't open until 3:30. SO I decided to head to teh AC.

After clearing security and getting to A11 and not seeing a plane I knew there would be a delay. So I went exploring in the direction of the BA gate which was just a coupel of gates away and I notice a small sign on a stair door welcoming BA F&C passengers to the lounge. SO down I go and hand the agent in the F loung my EXP card and AA BP and was a little surprised she let me in!

Something for EXP to keep in mind when flying out of PHL on late afternoon early evening flights. The lounges are better and are airside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

Please note that there are are very limited number of posts on the PHL BA Lounge, so some information in this thread may be outdated or inaccurate. We will, however, keep it open as a place where current information can be added as it becomes available.

For information about the PHL Admirals Club, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Jul 31, 2009 at 6:16 pm Reason: PHL / Philadelphia BA oneworld Lounge (consolidated)
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:05 pm

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
And the reverse of this?

I am still trying to find a definite yes or no to my being able to use the AC PHL Lounge on an outbound BA flight being a BAEC Silver? Posted in the BA forum a while ago, and got the impression that because there is a BA lounge, they won't allow the use of the AC pre-security.

Help appreciated.

Fozzy
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by flying_fozzy
I am still trying to find a definite yes or no to my being able to use the AC PHL Lounge on an outbound BA flight being a BAEC Silver? Posted in the BA forum a while ago, and got the impression that because there is a BA lounge, they won't allow the use of the AC pre-security.

Help appreciated.

Fozzy
Yes you can use the AC club due to your EC silver status which is equivalent to OW Sapphire Status.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 2:57 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
BA Lounge at PHL for AA Plats

I'm thinking of using the BA lounge at PHL with my AA Plat card when I take an intl. AA trip (to Europe via ORD) in a few months. It's inside security and not a far walk to the AA gates, plus it has those extra amenities not present in the AC outside of the security checkpoint.

My first question is - will they let me in if my initial segment is domestic? I presume yes, since the rules say I need to be on a OW itinerary, and if AA it must be for an international itinerary. Am I reading that right?

Any recent experiences at the PHL BA lounge? I used it many years ago when it was down below concourse A-East (when traveling on a BA flight in F). That was rather cramped, but I've seen the current lounge from the concourse and it looks much more spacious and nicer.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
I'm thinking of using the BA lounge at PHL with my AA Plat card when I take an intl. AA trip (to Europe via ORD) in a few months. It's inside security and not a far walk to the AA gates, plus it has those extra amenities not present in the AC outside of the security checkpoint.

My first question is - will they let me in if my initial segment is domestic? I presume yes, since the rules say I need to be on a OW itinerary, and if AA it must be for an international itinerary. Am I reading that right?

Any recent experiences at the PHL BA lounge? I used it many years ago when it was down below concourse A-East (when traveling on a BA flight in F). That was rather cramped, but I've seen the current lounge from the concourse and it looks much more spacious and nicer.
What time is your domestic flight? The BA lounge has limited hours. I believe it opens around 4 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:12 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Good point. My PHL-ORD flight is earlier in the afternoon. So, this may all be a moot point. But when arriving in MAN, I'll be making an onward connection so I'll look for a BA lounge there.

And, when returning (from LHR), I will be sure to checkout the T5 lounge if time permits.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
Good point. My PHL-ORD flight is earlier in the afternoon. So, this may all be a moot point. But when arriving in MAN, I'll be making an onward connection so I'll look for a BA lounge there.

And, when returning (from LHR), I will be sure to checkout the T5 lounge if time permits.
Yeah, even if your flight was later, technically you have access... but if they turn you down (for instance, if they claim the lounge is too full) you'd have to exit security to get to the AC, and then have to re-enter security to get back to the gates... Probably not worth it in my opinion. Just hit up the AC in PHL and ORD.

I'm a little confused by your post regarding the T5 lounges, but I probably just don't know your full itenerary. If you are flying back to the US from LHR on AA, you'll be in T3 and won't have access to the T5 lounges. The only way you'll have access is if you're flying from LHR to a destination on BA departing from T5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.