Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2004, 12:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Grand Sacramento, California (Master Thread)

Any feedback about Sheraton Grand Sacramento? Anyone knows if it offers complimentary breakfast for elite members?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Mama
Any feedback about Sheraton Grand Sacramento?
Done a search?
Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:46 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a lounge open for light breakfast and evening snacks.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 3:56 pm

Nice Hotel

I stayed there last week
Upgraded to great suite as Plt, (didn't even ask)
Valet parking was easy and reasonable at $21 and Icalled at 7am and my car was there by the time I got downstairs 5 mins later.
Internet fee was $9.95 - pretty standard
Breakfast in the lounge was awful - No yogurts or bagels -

So overall great place but they need a better club floor breakfast
Old Aug 9, 2004, 4:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SteveinA2
I stayed there last week
Upgraded to great suite as Plt, (didn't even ask)
Valet parking was easy and reasonable at $21 and Icalled at 7am and my car was there by the time I got downstairs 5 mins later.
Internet fee was $9.95 - pretty standard
Breakfast in the lounge was awful - No yogurts or bagels -

So overall great place but they need a better club floor breakfast
Thanks for the info. Now I know what to expect.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I stay there very regulary and usually always get a suite upgrade as platinum and the one time I didn't still got lounge access.

This is one of the few places I'll save money on the Valet, since the parking is right across the street (you can go through the doors that say they are only open when exiting not for re-entry - this is never true.) In the past I've found the valet to be a little slow at times.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
We've stayed there a couple of times as Gold. Upgraded to a better room, whatever that means, but never a suite. We were given a pass to a room that offered complimentary continental breakfast. It was very small and crowded - a really minimal effort, I thought.

Generally satisfactory, but, in my opinion, the Hyatt around the corner is a lot nicer.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:52 pm
SST

Parking is a rip at this hotel; not only is there street parking available, but the valet takes fore-ever. I haven't had near the luck reported above on upgrades; as a platinum, I've gotten a suite upgrade only about 4 times out of maybe 13 stays, and it is a given joke with my wife that having her along means FOR SURE there will be no upgrade. On the other hand, a quick trip to sacto while on my own yields a better ratio.

My wife calls the pool at this hotel "the prison pool", as it is a cramped little space, not very inviting, with sun for about 10 minutes a day, but otherwise tall grey walls and tiny sky. I like the suite rooms, but the regular rooms are no great shakes. Breakfast in the lounge is cursory. Skip it if you're hungry.

Too many conventions at this hotel lead to a lot of yucking it up noisily in the hallways by groups of conventioneers sometimes; ymmv. A fine choice if all you need it for is a sleep, on someone else's nickel (it's often much more expensive than the Hyatt, next door and equally nice.). The bar does have decent premium red wines, not just the usual dreck; Coppola Claret highly recommended. Bar scene is dismal, though, so hope you like basketball....
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:57 pm

I stay there regularly. They have put this in my profile that I get a room on the 26th floor so that I don't have to go up and down to use the lounge. Their suites are nice, but I would rather have a room on the club floor when I travel on business. I agree with the club lounge food - Hyatt Regency Club Lounge serves way better food. Although Sheraton Grand has improved a lot (in general) compared to 2 years ago.
Old Aug 9, 2004, 9:20 pm

It's been about a year since I was there, however I had good success on regular Platinum upgrades. Lounge food was nothing to write home about, but it sure beats not having a lounge. Take a right when you exit the hotel and there will be a nice grill around the corner from there if dining close is a concern.

Parking experiences vary from very fast retrieval to 15 minutes - guest service overall was excellent and bell captain there was phenomenal. On my last stay there he had a complimentary "to-go" care kit for the road given my unfortunate circumstance having to drive to OAK after missing the last flight out from SMF.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 7:24 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
If the Club is packed for the continental breakfest which it usually is we have been successful going downstairs and having the buffet in Morgans.

Do not use valet parking. You are wasting your money. Street parking is so so and I have noted broken glass on J street which implies break-ins. Use the city lot which the Hotel also uses. Going down J hand a hard left after passing the Hotel. You will see the lot entrance on the left.

The restaurants around the corner are the Esquire Grill (great, just hard a dinner meeting there) and a little further down the K street mall the Broiler a Sacramento meet institution (I have had better). There is also a IMAX theatre between the two. Enjoy SMF and contact directly with ?s Regards
Old Aug 10, 2004, 7:44 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by littleleaguemom
There is a lounge open for light breakfast and evening snacks.
In my experience the front desk staff is very bad about telling people about the lounge even when you are staying at a club floor rate. I've stayed there twice and had to ask them about it both times.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
If the Club is packed for the continental breakfest which it usually is we have been successful going downstairs and having the buffet in Morgans.
Did they 'comp' you for that buffet breakfast? if they did, that was very nice of them.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 10, 2004 at 1:02 pm
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Watch your bill...

I too stay at the Sheraton Grand in Sacramento frequently. I have found I need to check my bill closely and make sure it matches with my reservation. On a few occasions I've brought the descrepencies to the attention of the GM and although very appologetic, the problems continue to exist. It's now a standing joke with my friends to hear what's happened with my last stay there. Now that they have HSIA I'm willing to put up with some of their short comings. But I do wish there was another Starwood option in the area. The next closest property use to be Concord (not really an option) but that's no longer Starwood.

The rooms have been nice and comfortable. Suite upgrades run about 75% of the time. The parking garage across the street has been fine (just remember to tell them when you check in). Sometimes I arrive by train and it's a pretty quick hop in a taxi.
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:13 am

I stayed there about a month ago and there was no place to sit and have a quiet conversation in any of the public areas. Very bad acoustics made it very difficult to hear. If you want to have an intitmate drink, you'll need to leave the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.