Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Subscribe
NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!

I am booking a car for an important client (of mine) and the rate of D005297 is less than 1/2 of every other rate I have found. I want to make sure that I don't get him in trouble when he goes to pickup the car.

Is there any I.D. required to get this rate?

Can somebody help me with some advice how to prepare him to pickup the car?

I am not a travel agent but in sales/marketing and trying to help a customer save some $$$ as I will earn big points/business if I pull this off but will get fried if he pays the full rate. So, your advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Quote: IS any coupon or ID required to use the following codes?

D002807 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***Expired***
D005297 Amateur Sports Assistance Program ***NEW***

The NEW code gives me very nice price in FLL. Anybody has experience with either the Expired or the NEW code?
What is the best AWD to use for international (South Africa) reservations ?
What is the best AWD to use for international reservations ?

I have a 14 day rental in South Africa coming up. Please give me a hint.

L093590 which was of good use in Mexico was giving not a cent discount, for expample.
Cpt???
Quote: What is the best AWD to use for international reservations ?

L093590 which was of good use in Mexico was giving not a cent discount, for expample.
I'm looking for one for CapeTown too.
Quote: What is the best AWD to use for international reservations ?

D005297 works well in Europe (30% off) and is the only one right now that has any effect. So that's probably your best bet in SA. The old USC code was 40% off in Europe. RIP.

Many codes only appear to work in North America, like the L code.
Is that DO code really safe to use? I know others have used it, but what exactly is the relationship between that code and USC.

I don't want to get into an ethics debate or anything, I'm just leery of using a USC code when I have nothing to do with that institution.
D005297 works great in SA! Thank you so much. 10% discount on Avisworld.com (<-- quicker and more efficient than avis.com for my personal use)

I didn't try to use the regular Avis website, should be the same discount and final price, right ???
Quote: Uh-oh, I was doing a couple of bookings here and the D086533 ...appeared to have no effect
Just to reassure readers that I used the USC code this week and it does still give a healthy discount.
Quote: Just to reassure readers that I used the USC code this week and it does still give a healthy discount.
Where was this and how did you book?
I assure you that I am sane. I try to book in Germany, for example: check price with no code and then the USC code, and get same result.
Quote: Where was this and how did you book?
I assure you that I am sane. I try to book in Germany, for example: check price with no code and then the USC code, and get same result.
Can't guarantee my overall sanity , but definitely used at LHR last week. The agent even knocked off the 47 one-way fee. Saved about 20 on the short rental, too. UK Avis website.
I have used the D005297 code in Germany and will be using it again in 2 weeks..Never had any problems..You might sign the person up for "AVIS Preferred" membership if that makes you feel better...I just hand the aget the confirmation..and since I am an AVIS Preferred member they hand me the contract already printed and the keys.
Same experience
Quote: I have used the D005297 code in Germany and will be using it again in 2 weeks..Never had any problems..You might sign the person up for "AVIS Preferred" membership if that makes you feel better...I just hand the aget the confirmation..and since I am an AVIS Preferred member they hand me the contract already printed and the keys.

I have rented a car last week in Germany. With the code D005297 I got a 40% discount. The agent asked me if I would work for AVIS. I said "no"
One more code
A7H57Q First Consulting Group
So D005927 is 40% now in Germany..... that's the same as the old USC code. Maybe the % varies based on various factors. A few years ago I used another D code, which was related to a small business conference. Suddenly the effectiveness dropped to around 10% from 30-40%.

It is easy to spot the discount in Europe. It's right on the contract.

Also, watch out regarding the use of codes in the US on weekends. Actually avis.com corrects it for you. I was renting in LAX with a very good USD 19.99 rate per day. Since there are no surcharges (off airport property?) in LAX, rentals are remarkbly cheap. However, the normal rate was actually 17.99, so the net amount with tax was around 20. On my contract the D005927 is not there and it was replaced by A888813. This might be the National Motorists Assoc code that I think I originally used when I registered with Avis Preferred. If not then I am curious how it appeared.......
New Discount Rate!!!!
D752500! Is the new rate that I have discovered to give you 30-50% across the board!. International and domestic.
Quote: I just tried B149870 in Hawaii in Jan/Feb. Lowest rate I've seen so far for a full size, 182 plus tax. Does as well as Costco for a convertible but it's still 282 plus tax.

This code is from Endless Vacation magazine/RCI.
Yes, this does seem good. $20 better than the SPG code on a 15 day rental, and $100plus cheaper than most others. Can you describe the code a little more (require membership, need to show a card?).

I might stick with the SPG rate since I know I qualify for that.