new TG Lounge in Bangkok airport

Old Jun 4, 2004, 12:00 am
Original Poster

new TG Lounge in Bangkok airport

Last Friday, I was flying out of Bangkok on TG in business class, but decided to try the Cathay Pacific First class lounge (using my Citibank Platinum Visa). The CX lounge is small but nice (with a view of the waiting planes). I had some dim sum and a gin and tonic and used one of their two superfast internet terminals.

I got bored and left the CX lounge and then stumbled across the new TG business class lounge just a few steps away. I entered using my TG invitation card and was VERY pleasantly surprised. Very modern and nice! (I was already used to the old fashioned TG lounges so I did not expect this). Although the first floor of this lounge was a bit full, the second floor was even bigger and hardly has any passengers. I guess the passengers did not bother to find the slightly hidden staircase at the back. The second floor also had what appeared to be a Thai massage area behind another reception area (but I didnt have time to investigate). I must say that this TG lounge is very nice and now I wont bother with accessing other lounges when in Bangkok . I suspect that the new modern Qantas lounges in Bangkok spurred TG to completely revamp their lounges in their home airport.

Now if TG would hurry up and revamp its business class seats.....
Old Jun 4, 2004, 2:16 am

Programs: LH Senator
I agree. The new TG lounge is fantastic. I love the design.

The only thing missing is a nice view.

When I was there they told all business class passengers to go upstairs while the ground floor was for first class passengers.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 2:26 am
Original Poster

I dont think that is the case anymore....that particular entire lounge is business class (both levels). I noticed that separately, there are two very new TG First Class lounges as you walk toward departure Gates 1-15. It appears to be the same modern Thai-accented style as the new TG Business Class lounge, but one of the First Class lounges also has a view of the planes.

Last edited by Trajan; Jun 4, 2004 at 2:29 am
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How many lounges does TG have in BKK (International Terminals 1 & 2)?

I confess I haven't spent much time exploring all the lounges; I usually fly out of BKK on LH or UA. Last week I used the TG lounge near gate 51. This is a single-level lounge, with a business class section to the left of the entry and a first class lounge to the right. It looks quite new? The first class section has nice showers, a sleeping room with two sofa-beds, two computers and good food/snacks/drinks.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 4:02 am

Thai Massage Service in C class lounge

Just returend yesterday from BKK and the new TG lounge is really very nice, especially the second floor.

I tried the new complimentary Thai massage service in the lounge, which was great as well. You have to register at the counter, you can choose between 20 min foot massage or neck massage. Just a very nice experience, try it out.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 4:35 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Recommended Lounge(s)

I am travelling through BKK next month on TG. Arriving from SGN to fly to KUL. I am on a D class RTW ticket and have SQ PPS and LH Sen status.

The last time I was in BKK I was on KLM so not up-to-speed on the TG/*A lounges. What lounges will I be able to use and/or which do you recommend ?

Cheers,
Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:50 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I agree totally that the new THAI lounge is nice. I visited the one located near Gate 31 and was invited to proceed to 2nd floor as the ground floor looks packed.

Tried the foot massage and was very relaxing. Hope that this complimentary service will be a permanent feature of the lounge.

Looks like THAI is serious in improving its image and services. Looking forward to more great innovation!

Last edited by hclee01; Jun 4, 2004 at 8:46 pm
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Yes the new TG lounges near Gate 51 is along the same modern style and very nice, but the two floor business class lounge near Gate 31 is even nicer (and with massage). Now I don't even bother with the older train station style business class lounge (although large) near Gates 1-15 (even if my flight departs at one of those Gates).
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:00 am

Programs: some
Is the lounge at gate 31 a *Gold lounge?

If not, which other lounge would you recommend for *G?
Old Jun 5, 2004, 1:57 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Fliar
Is the lounge at gate 31 a *Gold lounge?

If not, which other lounge would you recommend for *G?
Yes the lounge at Gate 31 is a *Gold Lounge. The other one is near Gate 51. There is also another TG *G designated lounge near Gate 1-15. But this lounge is pale in comparision to those at Gate 31 and 51.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 4:24 am

THAI Massage

I read from the website that the complimentary THAI massage in THAI Lounge in BKK is provided till 26 July 2004.

Any one has any idea if they will provide the service after 26 July 2004? Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:57 am

Depending on the acceptance of passengers, TG inteds to keep the massage service as a standard amenity in future (it is a trial phase at the moment).
I chatted with the lounge attendant for a while about this matter and she suggested to fill out a comment form (which I did of couse with a very positive statement).
Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Not sure if it was a mistake, but the board outsuide the TG lounge in the 50's suggested that *A Golds had access to the First Class side. This seems to be at odds with policy, but since I was flying EK, couldn't use my card anyway, and just had to use the invite to the C Class side.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 4:23 am

For now, THAI has only designated the Royal Executive Lounge as *G Lounge. As such, you will not be able to use the F class lounge with your *G Card anymore.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hclee01
For now, THAI has only designated the Royal Executive Lounge as *G Lounge. As such, you will not be able to use the F class lounge with your *G Card anymore.
That makes sense and is what i'd have expected, but perhaps someone can take a look when they're next in that lounge or walking past....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.