Reload this Page >

PDX - Oregon Brewers Festival 07/23-25

Old May 16, 2004, 10:29 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat

Well, I am getting quite thirsty these days while watching the cardiac kids (aka the Lakers). Thought it might be a good time to bring up the Oregon Brewers Festival in Portland in late July. They usually only have about 72 brews on tap so I think I might partake in a few 40 or so while there. Calling all beerheads...Sam, Paula, Spiff, etc!
Old May 17, 2004, 12:11 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I have a hard time passing up beer ...
Old May 17, 2004, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Yeah Spiff...you did say something about this at the Freddies...been watching for a post from you or Sam.... My room's only been reserved for a month or so now...
Old May 17, 2004, 9:19 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Well, I didn't want to steal the thunder from PDX's Hostess with the Mostest, essxjay.

My room at the Embassy Suites downtown has been reserved for several months now. However, I still haven't found a decent fare to PDX for this fabulous weekend...
Old May 17, 2004, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
If I wasn't in San Diego for the Comic Con that week, I'd drive down and say hi! So I'll hoist a microbrew at the Mariott Marina and Yacht Club in spirit!
Old May 17, 2004, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've been hearing about this & missed last year, so if there's a decent fare, count me in. Cheers.
Old May 17, 2004, 11:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Add me to the maybe list. I like beer! ^ Assuming I am still on a project and I can get a client to pay for my ticket then I will be there!

What kind of rates are you guys getting for the ES?
Old May 17, 2004, 3:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What Embassy Suites is near the venue?
Old May 17, 2004, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by prncess674
What Embassy Suites is near the venue?

I believe it's the one they term "downtown" as the brewfest is right on the river in the downtown area. (I think the only other options were near the airport & somewhere outside of PDX?)

Paging Essxjay.....IIRC last year she gave us a rundown of the "majors" who are in the downtown area and which she would recommend staying in.

Last edited by cawhite60156; May 17, 2004 at 5:00 pm
Old May 17, 2004, 5:19 pm

All 3 main chains have hotels downtown

I've been told it's the downtown ES, which is showing really high on the website pricing-wise.

But the good news is that all the major chain hotels have hotels or some of their brands in downtown area, and it's not that large an area, so my guess is folk will go w/ whatever their main chain is.
Old May 17, 2004, 6:54 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
You can get from PDX to downtown on the Max for under $5. Then a short walk to the hotels and the great downtown restaurants. Everything is pretty much walking distance except the wineries.
Old May 18, 2004, 12:48 pm

I was in PDX in Jan. It's $1.60 on the metro from airport to downtown & then easy walk to hotels. It's actually a pretty good metro - clean, room for luggage, bikes, wheelchairs.

BTW - I've never been to a brewfest in my life, but I'm assuming it won't be hard to figure out what's going on/what to do
Old May 18, 2004, 1:25 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I had the president's suite in the downtown embassy last June for the Rose Festival, it's was one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in.
Old May 18, 2004, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I was in PDX in Jan. It's $1.60 on the metro from airport to downtown & then easy walk to hotels. It's actually a pretty good metro - clean, room for luggage, bikes, wheelchairs.

BTW - I've never been to a brewfest in my life, but I'm assuming it won't be hard to figure out what's going on/what to do

Drink beer, get another beer, drink beer, get another beer, drink beer, get another beer... just keep repeating as long as you can or want! (Lots of good people-watching, too). Having been to several brewfests, they're all different but the same...
Old May 18, 2004, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Drink beer, get another beer, drink beer, get another beer, drink beer, get another beer... just keep repeating as long as you can or want! (Lots of good people-watching, too). Having been to several brewfests, they're all different but the same...
Practice, practice, practice. That's what it's all about!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.