Earning air miles with ATT Wireless?

Subscribe
I just signed up with ATT Wireless as my mobile phone provider.

Do they have any partnerships where I can earn miles/points?
You can get miles through AA.
Per AA.com, miles on ATT Wireless service no more after 4/30/04.
Ooops, sorry about that. I saw there logo on the AA partner page and assumed it was still valid. But the text next to the logo states that you can't get mileage credit through them any more. Guess it pays to read once in a while
My experience with ATT Wireless is lousy. There is an extremely high percentage of one-way audio ("hello, hello,..."). There is a 30 day cancellation period but it starts from when they sign you up, not when you receive the phone. They will not budge and say "tough luck, you got screwed" when you call before the 30 days is up but after their count of 30 days is over.
Alaska
I think this is only for plans over $59.99 a month. Bummer on the AA front.
After looking around I felt ATT wireless offers the best international roaming service of any of the US carriers.

You can earn miles on Alaska on plans over $59.99.AT&T Wireless operates one of the largest digital wireless networks in North America. AT&T Wireless offers customers high-quality wireless voice and data communications services in the U.S. and internationally.

Mileage Earned: Activate any qualified AT&T Wireless plan and get 5,000 Mileage Plan Miles.

www.attwireless.com/alaskaairlines or call 1-800-313-6721.
If you pay any wireless bill with a DL AMEX card, you get 2 miles for every $ spent.
There are lots of offers for signing up with AT&T Wireless on the Telephone page of my website below. But you may not be able to get those miles sign up miles, since you have already signed up.
AT&T Wireless just got rid of all of their air/hotel partners except for Alaska. They reduced the maximum mileage award for Alaska to 5000 miles from 10,000.
AT&T service not worth anypoints. Terrible customer support. Network is unpredictable - In downtown San Francisco, my calls would go from AT&T service to roam while just standing!

They have merge with Cingular and I would expect something to come out of that soon.
I'm really surprised at all the negative comments about AT&T Wireless. I've used AT&T for years - ever since they took over my original provider - and have nothing but great customer service from them. In fact, my military son had his own separate AT&T account with them when he was sent to Iraq last year, and when discontinuing his account I accidently over paid the final bill by $150 or so (so don't ask how - it's complicated!). Anyway, much to my surprise AT&T literally tracked me down to refund the overpayment - amazing considering I was doing everything in my son's name and not my own so they had no way of knowing I was a customer as well.

Then when I bought a tri-band GSM phone from a place off the internet and switched my service from regular wireless to GSM wireless, the AT&T service reps went out of their way to make sure I had the right simm card and all the useful hints and tips pamphlets that would have come with a phone bought from them. So far the only locale I've found where the phone hasn't worked was in St. Petersburg, Russia - and that was probably because I didn't have the right local access code with me.

All of this for a service for which I only pay $29.99 a month. Okay, I don't get miles for the $29.99 a month, but I do get good coverage and good service.
Two problems . . .
1) ATT generally doesn't allow you to get mileage *after* you sign up for the service. It's an incentive thing, and I'm not aware of any way to start to get miles once you're on the contract.

2) ATT is a terrible service provider. As a next generation customer, I could count on (honestly) at least one hour of hold time every time I tried to contact customer service. I *still* haven't gotten responses to emails I sent to customer service in October. The Verizon phones have fewer bells and whistles, but it's simply not worth the effort to deal w/ ATTs terrible customer attitude.
I don't think it does much good to have a discussion on how good/bad ATT Wireless is. I think this discussion should stick to air miles.
[QUOTE=JeremyZ]1) ATT generally doesn't allow you to get mileage *after* you sign up for the service. It's an incentive thing, and I'm not aware of any way to start to get miles once you're on the contract.

2) ATT is a terrible service provider. As a next generation customer, I could count on (honestly) at least one hour of hold time every time I tried to contact customer service. I *still* haven't gotten responses to emails I sent to customer service in October. The Verizon phones have fewer bells and whistles, but it's simply not worth the effort to deal w/ ATTs terrible customer attitude.[/QUOTE

Despite whether others here want to hear it or not.
I absoulutely agree that ATT has got the be the worst telecom provider in the country and personnaly I would advise everbody who listens to stay as far away as possible from them.
I have posted a more complete summary on the ATT board, but in short they
ended up porting the wrong # from my home ( my regular home number) to a cell number and then refused to provide Verizon the info required for them to reclaim it.
Ended up being forced to get a new home # after using the previous one for 12 yeras.
mike.
Quote: AT&T service not worth anypoints. Terrible customer support. Network is unpredictable - In downtown San Francisco, my calls would go from AT&T service to roam while just standing!
Do you have GSM? If so, you were probably right near a Cingular cell. It happens to me too in Mountain View at one of the "La Fiesta" family of restaurants (the one on El Camino). There's a cell for a number of phone companies in their parking lot. It doesn't matter .. you aren't really roaming, and you shouldn't get charged for it.

-David