KVS Availability Tool

Subscribe
Quote: Are you using the latest version (1.3.2)?
Yes I am indeed... across the top it indicates "KvS Availability Tool 1.3.2"

The SABRE: ITN/UA is just fine.

The SABRE: AuA/*A goes off into lala land after pressing GO and it can sit there for over 1 hou using 100% CPU and not doing anything ... I can click STOP at any time and it terminates the search ...

The interesting thing is with the ITN/UA I see under the STOP button the text "Stop [2K]" ... while with the AUA/*A I see simply "Stop [.]"

Thank-you

PB
Quote: The SABRE: AuA/*A goes off into lala land after pressing GO and it can sit there for over 1 hou using 100% CPU and not doing anything ... I can click STOP at any time and it terminates the search ...

... while with the AUA/*A I see simply "Stop [.]"
If there's only 1 dot after [Stop] it means that it cannot connect to the AUA website for some reason.

Try opening http://book5.aua.com/ in Internet Explorer:

If it doesn't bring you to AUA's website, then something in your system/network is blocking your access to that website.
If it does, try re-installing the tool using the SETUP (not manually).
Thanks - I will pursue your suggestions ... appreciate your time

PB

Added: Going to the url directly seems to have cleared whatever log jam there was ... I can now use KVS AUA/*A successfully ... thanks.

The only problem is that a direct AC Jazz flight from YYZ-> MSY never shows up -- it is there at the AC website - but not via KVS ... I know that is not an prob with KVS - but the backends it accesses -- oh well.

Thanks again!

PB
Quote: The only problem is that a direct AC Jazz flight from YYZ-> MSY never shows up -- it is there at the AC website - but not via KVS ... I know that is not an prob with KVS - but the backends it accesses -- oh well.
Are you referring to this one?:

[KVS Availability Tool - Sabre: AUA/*A]
Code:
YYZ  Toronto Pearson Int'l ON CA [CYYZ]
MSY  New Orleans Louis Armstrong Int'l LA US [KMSY]
     17 Dec 2004

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- -- ----------------------------------------------- 
AC        8026   YYZ  12:40     MSY  14:40     CRJ  0  Y9 M8 U0 A8 B8 V0 Q0 L0 R0 I0 N0 G0 P0 E0 T0 H0
I found out my error (DUH!) it seems that the time of flight is extremely impt here ... if I change the time then it tells me the AC flights ... I guess I was looking for more of an ALL DAY type of search ... well live and learn!

Thanks for your time!

PB
Quote: I guess I was looking for more of an ALL DAY type of search ... well live and learn!
Just leave the Time: field blank for an all-day search...
Of course ... now I feel really dumb Thanks ... party on dude!

PB
KVS,

Super tool, thanks so much for it ^

One question: is there any way to select, say, two airlines to display:

i.e.,

not AC, not *, but AC;DL

Simon
Quote: One question: is there any way to select, say, two airlines to display:
Not at the moment. Current options are: All (ITN & AUA), 1 specific airline (ITN), or *A (AUA).
Maybe you could replace the lost amex itn connection with the wagon lits itn platform?! As far as I can see this still works fine and gives just about the same information as the amex itn.

Would be great to have three provider options again

Thanks for the tool anyhow ^ ^ ^
Quote: Would be great to have three provider options again
Looks like it will be a "wish coming true" this christmas -- see my next post. Actually, I was already working on that option since last Monday
New Version 1.3.3 Released / Replacement for ITN-AMEX / Tool Development Fund
Just in time for the holidays, Version 1.3.3 of the KVS Availability Tool, holiday edition, is now available for download.

Major Changes:
  • Sabre: ITN/CWT method has now been added!
    • It is, effectively, a replacement for the ITN-AX method
  • Seat Map option has been restored;
    • To access the seat map for a flight, simply select a segment, then right-click and select [Seat Map/Book Segment Using ITN/CWT]

Download Link:
1.3.3 works great. Thank you!
How realtime is the information?
I had checked the availability for a RG flight 5 hours ago and it was wide open as per the availability tool- F7 A6 C7 D7 Z7 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 V7 L7.... However when I checked in I was told that the flight is oversold in all classes and that they will have to offload people. It is probably because the airline assumes that people don't turn up and keep the flight oversold, because it is very unlikely that too many people in all classes would suddenly decide to fly on the spur on X-mas eve.
Any thoughts?
Merry X-mas
This says to me that they were still willing to sell 7 tickets, due to (as you guessed) no-shows.

Quote: I had checked the availability for a RG flight 5 hours ago and it was wide open as per the availability tool- F7 A6 C7 D7 Z7 Y7 B7 M7 H7 Q7 V7 L7.... However when I checked in I was told that the flight is oversold in all classes and that they will have to offload people. It is probably because the airline assumes that people don't turn up and keep the flight oversold, because it is very unlikely that too many people in all classes would suddenly decide to fly on the spur on X-mas eve.
Any thoughts?
Merry X-mas
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  19  59  109  509