Search

Official Marriott Rewards Lurker!

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 2:54 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Official Marriott Rewards Lurker!

Greetings!

My name is Chris Janecek and I'm excited to join the Flyertalk community as an official representative for Marriott Rewards! My goal is to assist you with the "ins-and-outs" of Marriott Rewards, and to be you resource for answers on our award winning program. As always, we'll be happy to continue to provide you with personalized service on your account--simply send us a note at [email protected] or [email protected].

I'm thrilled to join the group, and I look forward to developing a positive relationship with the Flyertalk community.

Chris Janecek
Marriott Rewards
[email protected]
Old May 3, 2004, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Smile

WELCOME!! Thank you for being here. I am a newer member at FlyerTalk. You are going to be hearing from some VERY excited long time posters. Thank you Marriott for listening to some of your best customers request that you put a representative on this board. Again, welcome!!
Old May 3, 2004, 3:14 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Aloha from this lowly Silver to you, Chris! I must say that I believe much of the existing goodwill to MR (and Marriott in general) here is due largely in part to a fellow employee of yours who posts under the FT Name of socrates.
Old May 3, 2004, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH DMD, MAR PLT
Welcome to FT - its great to finally have an official rep. on board!
Old May 3, 2004, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Welcome

Chris

^ ^ ^ ^

Welcome to FT. You are a long awaited answer to many requests for an “Official Marriott Lurker”. I can only hope that you will enjoy the experience, and your value to Marriott will be immediately recognized. We look forward to the assistance you can provide. I know that the FT community will be very supportive of your efforts here.

To the many “Marriott corporate lurkers” who lurk here. Thank you! Many of you were in very senior positions that made a difference when this topic was discussed during the past year and your support no doubt made the difference.

There are :-: two individuals :-: in SLC that IMHO deserve a special thanks for staying with this and making sure that it happened. Your dedication to Marriott and providing exceptional customer service is above and beyond. The members of the FT community are indebted to you. THANK YOU!!!!!

:-: And to my friend Socrates. :-: Your assistance to FT during the past several years has been invaluable. I truly believe there would be no announcement today had it not been for the value Marriott recognized in your post. Please stay active in the forum as we all look forward to you input.

Chris, again welcome. I look forward to seeing you here for a long time to come.

l4pi
Old May 3, 2004, 3:39 pm
glg

Thumbs up

Welcome Chris! Echoing what others have said, it's great to have an official rep here.

socrates - Since we'll probably end up seeing less of you with Chris posting officially, I'd like to heartily thank you for your time and efforts and hope you can give us some insights from your neck of the company from time to time.
Old May 3, 2004, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Yes, thanks to Marriott for finally seeing the light. ^

BTW, anything you can do about creating an online missing stay submission system? Hey, it's worth a try as that's one of my very few pet peeves with MR.

A warm welcome to FT.
Old May 3, 2004, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Exclamation I'm Going To Have A Coronary.....!!

Where are those Nitroglycerine pills when you need them!!!

Welcome aboard, and boy, I sure can sleep soundly tonight....

Thought I might actually have jinxed your appearance, for just this past weekend I was once again complaining about no official Marriott representation on this board!!!

By the way, you are not Socrates under another guise, are you??

Welcome aboard!! ^ ^ ^

To the folks who are the movers and shakers behind this stance, this is a most welcome, and quite frankly looooooooooong overdue, appointment!!

Marriott Rewards has recently been moving in the right direction with the new promotions that have been offered, an now the appointment of an official presence on this board!! :-:

Dare I say it????

Are comp breakfasts on weekends to at least some of the Elite membership next in the cards??

A hearty welcome to you, Chris!!

By the way, are you in SLC, Omaha, DC or the new destination to come withing the Marriott fold -- the Isle of Capri off of the Italian coast!!!

I hope for your sake it is the last one!!!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 3, 2004 at 3:57 pm
Old May 3, 2004, 3:47 pm
TUFBEAR

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Greetings!

My name is Chris Janecek

I'm thrilled to join the group, and I look forward to developing a positive relationship with the Flyertalk community.

Chris Janecek
Marriott Rewards
[email protected]
Chris,
Nice having you on board!!!
If you need any help with this stuff, or have questions, please let us know, also!!!

Hopefully, Chris sticks around for a long time, and his assistance and input will be responded to professionally by adult FTer's, without causing him to be sorry he signed up for this duty.
Gary ^ ^ ^

Last edited by TUFBEAR; May 3, 2004 at 4:02 pm

Old May 3, 2004, 3:52 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Welcome, welcome. This is the best news I have heard all day.
Old May 3, 2004, 3:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Chris, a hearty welcome to you! Is this a new part to your existing job?

Socrates: thanks for everything and please continue to be as vocal as you are able. You know how much we have all appreciated you!
Old May 3, 2004, 4:50 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Thanks, Everyone!

All-

I appreciate the warm welcome! I know that you've been asking for an official lurker for a while, and I'll do my best to find the information you need to make using the Marriott Rewards program a positive experience for all!

Chris Janecek
Old May 3, 2004, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by TUFBEAR
Hopefully, Chris sticks around for a long time, and his assistance and input will be responded to professionally by adult FTer's, without causing him to be sorry he signed up for this duty.
Gary ^ ^ ^
How do we know Chris is a "him"? Could be short for "Christine".
Old May 3, 2004, 6:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Welcome.....

Just heard of this and thought I'd add my welcome to Chris....and as so many others have done, also add a heartfelt thanks to socrates. In fact, I expect to see socrates in a couple weeks and will buy him a cocktail compliments of the posters in this forum.
Old May 3, 2004, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Doing cartwheels! Yipee!

Ditto what longing4piedmont said (and tufbear's last comment too).

Welcome Aboard Chris!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.