Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which FF program to join

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2004, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Which FF program to join

My grandparents are flying from Dehli to LAX. They are probably going to flyAsiana in V class via SEL. I was planning to put the miles on UA but was wondering if their is a better option.

Status is not an issue, they will not travel again this year. I'm just looking for the best free award possible. Also they rarelyever fly and if they do it will be on the cheapest ticket, so I have little hope of accumulating miles in the account. I figured I could probably top off their UA account to 25K through Idine and other promotions. So is there any way to get more than the actual flown miles in a diffeerent star program, or does anybody else offer awards of use for less than 25K. Awards of use would be those that originate in the US. Awards between countries not including the US probably has little value to our family. Upgrade awards are also not important as none of us are that concerned with upgraded travel. Lastly, are there any other programs where it would be easier to get the last 7K by not flying to get to a 25K free ticket domestic US. Actually, it just struck me that US will be Star by the travel day (may 28). Probably would make more sense since they offer a 20K off peak domestic award.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 1:00 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Probably best to stick with one of the north american *A carriers' FFP, as those will be the ones they can most easily earn points from non-flying activity. Eg affiliated credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.