Search

Where's the Primer?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Where's the Primer?

The searching is driving me crazy.

I don't think it should be that hard, but I tried searching for the MR Primer, as I've gotten a lot of PMs requesting that the links be updated on MR Tools. I explained towards the end of the MR Tools thread that I will update shortly. I was hoping to see if there were going to be changes to the character count, but it doesn't appear that there will be anytime soon.

So, I'm currently trying to compile the new thread URL's & the most important one is the one for the Primer - which people keep asking me about. I've searched for "primer" "Mileage Runs...A Primer!" and even "bump" and every variation I can think of - what am I missing?

Could someone please post a link to the MR Primer?

I'll update the MR Tools page as it was recommended to me & I'll hopefully be able to do it early next week - I'd do it this weekend, but I've got an run & will be spending Saturday night at the ABQ airport (which has free wi-fi throughout & me...with no laptop!). So if anyone's in ABQ airport between 11PM and 7AM, drop me a line
Old Apr 9, 2004, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
where is it?

Saw a reference to this link...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000027.html

but when I clicked it I got a 404....anyone??

Added to say...

Oops...I see you already had that link on the MR tools page. I see you can find the content by doing a Google search and clicking "cached."

Where's our primer?!

Last edited by Watchful; Apr 9, 2004 at 5:00 pm
Old Apr 9, 2004, 11:05 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Based on some of the advanced searching I could do, I don't think it made the conversion.

However, I found a copy that's available, and has valid links that still work. The Internet Archive managed to get a copy, and as long as they archived the other threads, then all of the links will work and you can get the information.

Mileage Runs...A Primer!

If you want to search for an old FlyerTalk URL, you can go to http://www.archive.org and put the URL into the Wayback Machine. If they managed to get a copy of the page, then you'll be able to read it. Much better than Google's cache, since you can see the history of page changes as well.
Old Apr 10, 2004, 2:54 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Question Eeek! The Primer is lost! The Primer is Lost!

and

Why is it that The Primer is not bumpable? And why is it why that the above link does not contain all of the Primer?

In short, eek! Where is my Primer?

I would also be interested to know why it is that MR tools was 'stickied' - rather than the Primer. While MRT are surely a handsome additive tool, did anyone ever ask for that? Shouldn't one learn to walk before one 'runs?'

So I'm kinna curious as to why MR tools is posted as 'the sticky.'

Did that post get asked for a 'sticky' - over, and over, and over, and over... ad nauseum? I don't think so.

So where's management? And who runs this place anyway?
Old Apr 10, 2004, 7:43 pm

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
Talking

Originally Posted by tvl4free
Shouldn't one learn to walk before one 'runs?'

That's it. Pun Penalty Box for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.