Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Golden Circle status match?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2003, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Golden Circle status match?

I recently joined Shangri-la's golden circle program and had sent an email to customer service asking them if they would comp me to the equivalent of my Hyatt Diamond status. Unfortunately, the reply came back was negative and that they did not "upgrade based on the member's patronage to other hotels". Has anyone gotten a comp from them before? Wondering if there was someone I could contact...
Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2003, 3:21 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Tried it too, no chance.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Any success since 2003?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:32 pm

GC has just revamped their program; anyone has tried to do a status match?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:26 pm

Sounds unlikely, Shangri-la are too focused on the asian market to gain anything from matching their more global competitors.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: CX Gold SPG Platinum IHG Platinum Accor Platinum
Tried but they wouldn't. I am based in Hong Kong and travel quite extensively in Asia. Only a small chain anyway.....
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The only way to get upgraded to a higher level is if you know 'someone' in Shangri-la Sales or Management who will be able to comp you immediately. Not that you also need to show that you intend to give $xxxxx's worth of stay in the next year to get it.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
soft landing

Originally Posted by Aircoco
GC has just revamped their program; anyone has tried to do a status match?
They gave me the 'Jade' level for 2011 after only 5 stay nights at 3 different china properties in 2010. But i was Exec member in 08 & 09 with the min 20 night stays each year. So a soft landing, or match might be possible for 2011 if you had a few nights in 2010.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Any recent experience, anyone?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Any recent experience, anyone?
I'm Hilton diamond and was refused a Golden Circle status match last year.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by jlsw7
I'm Hilton diamond and was refused a Golden Circle status match last year.
Thanks! Well, anyway the only use of that was consequent Gold challenge with Singapore Airlines, which is gone by now anyway, I believe.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Thanks! Well, anyway the only use of that was consequent Gold challenge with Singapore Airlines, which is gone by now anyway, I believe.
Ive just registered with Infinite Journeys, their new JV together. Hopefully double up on points as I tend to fly SQ and stay Shangri-La at least once a year.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:59 pm

Still there as far as I can see.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
Still there as far as I can see.
Yup, still there! And the thing now is they included silkair into the 3 qualifying flights you require to reach *A Gold.
Still a really good deal to get KF Golk/*G Status in my opinion.

What are the eligibility criteria do I need to meet to receive to obtain KrisFlyer Elite Gold status?

If you are a Golden Circle Jade or Diamond member, you are eligible to register for a KrisFlyer Elite status match. Upon successful registration for a membership status match benefit, you will receive a complimentary upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Silver.

If you are a Golden Circle Jade member, you can enjoy an accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold simply by flying three times on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir in any booking class except ‘G’ (Group fares) within four months of registration. Award and codeshare flights are not eligible for this accelerated upgrade.

If you are Golden Circle Diamond member, you can enjoy an accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold by simply flying once on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir in any booking class except ‘G’ within four months of registration. Award and codeshare flights are not eligible for this accelerated upgrade.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 8:45 am

The did run a status match campaign back in mid-2015 and decided not to run again in the future

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.