Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEY FLYERTALK! WE ALL WON A FREDDIE!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2000, 1:38 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
HEY FLYERTALK! WE ALL WON A FREDDIE!

Really! We all won an Industry Impact award. Randy presented it to thos of us who attended (Catman, Boomer, Vulcan, Mile Crazy and myself).

We agreed to let Randy pack it carefully and take it back to the "House of Miles". He will make an acrylic replica for us, and get it back to us so that we can send it on a world tour.

We should all feel very honored for the recognition, right up there in front of all of the "industry honchos".

I'll post a picture and add the link shortly.

Toward the end of the event, Doc came by to introduce himself to the group as well.
Old Jan 27, 2000, 1:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
That's great!
Old Jan 27, 2000, 2:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
HTTP://members.aol.com/flyerpics/wanted.htm
Old Jan 27, 2000, 3:42 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I'm glad to see Catman representing us with his Commander Catcop badge!
Old Jan 27, 2000, 3:52 pm
In Memoriam

Nice picture, nice award, but it was obvious we needed representation from the Secret Society of FlyerTalk Women!!
Old Jan 27, 2000, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Congratulations everybody. It's a well deserved award.
Old Jan 27, 2000, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sitting here in my car at Disneyland with my laptop hooked up to my cell phone, and with a 9600 bps connection I think I'll wait 'til I get home to look at the pictures or I'll be here all night!

Thanks you guys for representing us in accepting the award. And thanks to Randy for the honor!

Headed now down the road to meet with Shadow, Jailer, Newself, and hopefully a few others for a FlyerTalk dinner here in Anaheim. If any of them haven't heard yet, I'll fill 'em in.
Old Jan 27, 2000, 8:40 pm
Original Member

Wow...sorry I missed it today. I was planning on being there right up until this morning and then had back-to-back meetings scheduled.
My husband was there representing me however, so I got the first hand scoop over dinner...sigh...maybe I'll catch up with you guys sometime....
Old Jan 28, 2000, 11:19 am
Original Member

Isn't there something a bit fishy about Randy giving a supposedly prestigious award to a service he owns and operates on a commercial basis?

[This message has been edited by james (edited 01-28-2000).]
Old Jan 28, 2000, 11:40 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Randy made it a point that he "felt funny" about it, but it was a consensus of the advisory committee. I'm sure he can explain it better than I.
Old Jan 28, 2000, 11:49 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Agree with James. And if we are having such an impact, why are the reps pulling out (most notably for me I miss Hilton's presence).
Old Jan 28, 2000, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
Other than flyertalk, who else won? Can't find a link on Web Flyer.
Old Jan 28, 2000, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.freddieawards.com/
Old Jan 28, 2000, 1:34 pm
Dr. PfP

PG: If you'd been paying attention, you would know the answer to your question.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/000834.html

Or perhaps the following thread, where an airline rep tries to participate, but is seemingly hounded by multiple Flyertalkers (who turned out to be the same person or family, whichever you believe).
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/000125.html

[This message has been edited by Dr. PfP (edited 01-28-2000).]

Old Jan 28, 2000, 4:21 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Pfp you just have a one track mind its getting a bit boring now, none of the pointers you mention have anything to do with the Hilton reps. I could go on my own rant and rave about FlyerTalkers who hounded off the Hilton reps.

Here is a later link in which Rudi, doc, I , others congratulate MJW and Adam: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000070.html

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 01-28-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.