Any experiences with rental at YYZ?

Subscribe
Also, any Blue Chip experiences at Toronto Pearson airport?
Never had any major problems. All seem about the same there in my experience and I have rented from them all including off airport Alamo.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
Never had any major problems. All seem about the same there in my experience and I have rented from them all including off airport Alamo.</font>
Thanks for that. I've used them a couple of times in YVR (decent), LAX (quite good) and LAS (absolutely horrid). Hope YYZ works well - I have high expectations for my $9.99 rate
Just made my $9.99CDN reservation for this coming weekend on http://www.destina.ca .I should look especially dapper im my Daewoo Lanos, especially since I'm 6'1". But at a total rate including taxes of $44.94USD for 4 days, I'm not complaining. By the way, there are some discounted rates still remaining for hotel rooms on the same website.

[This message has been edited by general45 (edited 05-26-2003).]
If you have a Blue Chip account with a FF number on it call it in and you will receive very prompt service and miles!!

I should say that I received a Sunfire at the outset but the car broke (not really Thrifty's fault, not mine either). For my inconvenience they drove a replacement out to me (70 miles from YYZ) and the replacement was a Seabring CONVERTIBLE Nice work Thrifty!! No problems on return - I even made $$ on the gas as the convertible was almost full of gas when I got it and they took the sunfire back with about a third of a tank left and said this was just fine as I was inconvenienced!
Wow, nice service recovery by Thrifty. Might give them a try next time. I've seen their "1000 Aeroplan miles per rental" signs at the airport but I assumer you would probably have to rent a bigger size car for longer than I usually rent to qualify.
I actually used the words "service recovery" in the glowing comments I sent to Thrifty. I make a point to complain when warranted and to compliment when deserved.

Now, about those 1000 miles...I only got 500 I suspect that what you saw was a bonus offer or perhaps something valid on only a larger car.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by general45:
[B]Just made my $9.99CDN reservation for this coming weekend on http://www.destina.ca

Hey General! - where's this 9.99 rate or am I too late? I need a car at YYZ from Oct 7 - 11