TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?

Subscribe
guys - tripcase alerted me 90 mins later after a sun country flight was delayed. Not consistent with major carriers too. Have you guys seen this and are there any decent alternatives that alert you through the phone app

thx
I used trip case at one time, so I'm familiar with it. I would wonder if the fault is with trip case or elsewhere.

For what it's worth, I set up email alerts through the air carrier and I also use flight aware at same time. (I used flight stats in the past, when it was no cost to user to set up alerts.)
Quote: guys - tripcase alerted me 90 mins later after a sun country flight was delayed. Not consistent with major carriers too. Have you guys seen this and are there any decent alternatives that alert you through the phone app

thx
Flight aware is pretty good for tracking the status if individual flights.

Google Trips may also be a good alternative.
I have tried them all.

Flightaware is the best.
can you forward your itinerary to flight aware ?
I do not know. For that I liked Kayak the best. It will sync with my calendar. Its alerts are a delayed a few minutes from Flightaware.
This thread fits the agenda of the "Travel Tools" forum. We'll move it there for better indexing.
Replacement for FlightTrack?
I use Tripcase and I am happy with the alerts. In an airport I always got Tripcase alert about a change of gate or a delay - before it was displayed on an electronic board or announced.

I once got a Tripcase delay alert for 10 or 15 minutes. It was not displayed or announced. I asked the agent at the gate about it and she said: This is correct, but we do not tell people about such small delays.

Tripit also has flight alerts, but only in the Pro level that costs $49/year. However, many companies offer it to their employees.
TripIt v. TripCase v. Anything else?
I've been using TripIt for many, many years. I had Pro back when Barclays covered that cost.

Nothing much has changed over there, and, as I posted in another thread, I've grown really, really tired of their website. I have to log in again if I haven't used it for a few days (way too short of a time-out) and the website just wastes a TON of space on the page, requiring a lot of scrolling. The iOS apps aren't great either - lots of time to refresh, and not really a fantastic data display on either (although iPad is much better than iPhone).

So I started in on TripCase and I'm considering a full changeover.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. But there are problems.

Definitely, my biggest beef is the on-screen look of TripIt, and here, TripCase is far more current and usable.

I'm having a problem with auto-merge (it's basically non-existent) but I can manually deal with that if need be. TripIt clearly beats TripCase on this point. And it doesn't seem like it should be very complicated.

I'm a little freaked out by my info appearing in TripCase automatically somehow. I see other FT threads about how and why this happens. I don't find this a compelling feature (quite the reverse) but such is life in the world of big data.

Every time I've tried to dump TripIt before (Kayak, Google Trips, a few others I can't remember) I've humbly come running back. I'm hoping this is the big switchover.
potjernik likes this.
Quote: I'm having a problem with auto-merge (it's basically non-existent) but I can manually deal with that if need be.
What do you mean by "auto-merge"? You mean auto-import of the plans?
Try Kayak.
Moved to Travel Tools due to topic....
Quote: What do you mean by "auto-merge"? You mean auto-import of the plans?
When you forward an email to them ([email protected]) they parse it and make a new trip for it. So each email creates a new trip.

Then, if you have auto-merge turned on, supposedly they combine related trips into one master trip.

So if you have a roundtrip flight and a hotel at the center point of that itinerary, those two emails should combine into one trip in theory.

Mine don't appear to ever do that. But I can do it manually.

In TripIt, you start by defining a trip via location and dates (NYC, 12/1-12/10, for example) and anything in that date range, when forwarded by email, ends up as part of that trip.
You might want to consult Replacement for FlightTrack?

When I lost FlyerTrackPro, I experimented with several iOS apps. TripCase may have come in third and AppInTheAir second for me. AppInTheAir would have come in as a tie were it not for the cost.

I have settled on forwarding itineraries to the free TripIt then paying $10 for Flight Update.