UA: LAX-SIN $384 RT (17520mi, 2.2cpm)

Subscribe
Quote: Are you traveling 11/2-11/5 by chance?
Yup! See you on board.

-IR
Quote: Cheap enough for a couple to buy/share an empty middle seat on the Dreamliner.
You can do that?
I don't see the fare..Is it gone ..?
The UA fare is still filed but availability appears to have vanished.
DL
I ended up buying a LAX-PDX-NRT-SIN-NRT-SEA-LAX ticket on DL. Couldn't beat the price. Ended up costing around $445 all in V class. The lower price was E class so you couldn't choose seats or use a GUC. I havent seen prices this low since the SARS M/R's of years back.
Quote: Yup! See you on board.

-IR
There will be 3 of us. I am doing this and spending the night in Sin as well.
Quote: There will be 3 of us. I am doing this and spending the night in Sin as well.
The more the merrier!

This is a seriously great deal, I can't wait.
I just couldn't let this one go. Booked out on 11-30 (anyone else), one night at the Conrad just to ride the Singapore Flyer.

Ill earn about 4000 award miles opposite the 40K of years gone by.
Quote: I just couldn't let this one go. Booked out on 11-30 (anyone else), one night at the Conrad just to ride the Singapore Flyer.

Ill earn about 4000 award miles opposite the 40K of years gone by.
If PQD do not matter to you, book via a consolidator to earn more miles.
Quote: If PQD do not matter to you, book via a consolidator to earn more miles.
What is a consolidator?
Quote: If you are unable to upgrade, that is a Loooooooooooong way in coach

Granted, an amazing price ^
I would say the only way to make this remotely tolerable is for an Elite member with free E+ access to buy an extra seat with their companion and have 3 seats to themselves with the empty middle. I don't think this is upgradable except with miles and a very hefty co-pay, which brings the cost into W or V class territory anyway.
Quote: If PQD do not matter to you, book via a consolidator to earn more miles.
It will still be ticketed on 016 stock, so the RDM are unlikely to change....this isn't a bulk fare.
Quote: I would say the only way to make this remotely tolerable is for an Elite member with free E+ access to buy an extra seat with their companion and have 3 seats to themselves with the empty middle. I don't think this is upgradable except with miles and a very hefty co-pay, which brings the cost into W or V class territory anyway.
Don't you run the risk of violating some rules there? Seems to me this is a bit morally hazardous...

Also what if flight is oversold and your "fake" person gets bumped for a real one?

Also that's $576 a ticket, which bumps the CPM calculation up into the high 3s (assuming companion is also MP and is also earning PQMs).

-IR
Quote: Don't you run the risk of violating some rules there? Seems to me this is a bit morally hazardous...

Also what if flight is oversold and your "fake" person gets bumped for a real one?

Also that's $576 a ticket, which bumps the CPM calculation up into the high 3s (assuming companion is also MP and is also earning PQMs).

-IR
No, United has a published mechanism for buying an extra seat - the purchase is legitimate and RDM are earned on the extra seat, but no PQM. The extra seat is documented with the passenger's name, appended "extraseat" - however it's the passenger's responsibility to defend the space from poachers and aggressive GAs or FAs trying to fill an overbooked flight.

There is no fake passenger involved.
vg247 likes this.
Quote: No, United has a published mechanism for buying an extra seat - the purchase is legitimate and RDM are earned on the extra seat, but no PQM. The extra seat is documented with the passenger's name, appended "extraseat" - however it's the passenger's responsibility to defend the space from poachers and aggressive GAs or FAs trying to fill an overbooked flight.

There is no fake passenger involved.
That's why I love this site...I learn so much. Thanks for the info!

-IR