UA: EWR-SIN $409 RT (22233mi, 1.8cpm)

Subscribe
Sdc only if statused
Quote: If the flight is operated by UA, if your ticket number starts with 016, and if the fare class becomes available on the later flight, you may be able to Same Day Change for a $75 fee. But you'll have to wait until 23 hours and 59 minutes before your current flight from NRT to EWR. Check the SDC thread on the United forum.
Newyorker1905 likes this.
Quote: Sdc only if statused
Right. Passenger must be Mileage Plus member. But no status is required.
[QUOTE=For the folks braving LAX-SIN in the back of the bus...good luck. I'm flying that in 8 months and think even 17+ hours in J will have me feeling restless at some point during the flight.[/QUOTE]

I flew SFO-SIN on a MR back in March, and my "restless" feeling hit just as we were approaching Japan, about 12 hours in. I was sitting in an E+, window with no one in the middle seat. It wasn't at all uncomfortable (I'm 5'8"), but looking at the map and realizing I still had 5 hours to go....restless is the right word!! Took a swim & shower at the airside pool during my 3 hour turn, and had a J aisle on the way back. It was still the "old" Polaris hard product, but I stretched out and slept really well! You'll be fine in J!!
Thanks

My ticket starts with 016 and I am a Mileage Plus member. what exactly is SDC? Thanks
Same day change
Quote: Thanks

My ticket starts with 016 and I am a Mileage Plus member. what exactly is SDC? Thanks
Change your flights within 24 h (both the original and new departure times) if the same booking class is available for the new flight. If you have United Premier Gold (and above) status, there is no change fees. Otherwise, it will cost $75. Here is a thread on UA forum. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1816718-ua-same-day-travel-change-sdc-fees-questions-wiki-2017-forward.html
Quote: Change your flights within 24 h (both the original and new departure times) if the same booking class is available for the new flight. If you have United Premier Gold (and above) status, there is no change fees. Otherwise, it will cost $75. Here is a thread on UA forum. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...7-forward.html
Thank you very much.
Can UA Global upgrade vouchers be applied to these flight code(s)?
This looks like a great fare. I hope they don't cancel on you.
Quote: Can UA Global upgrade vouchers be applied to these flight code(s)?
I haven't looked. But I suspect that the fare class for the flights is K which is one of the (many) fare classes ineligible for GPUs.

To clarify, GPUs are not eligible for upgrades on the international segments.
Quote: This looks like a great fare. I hope they don't cancel on you.
New to this. How can they cancel?
NewYorker1905 - I'd think VERY carefully about how much this selfie is worth to you and a Same Day Change.

On the original reservation, you've got that nice aisle seat in Economy Plus all squared away. Maybe a nice Exit Row or a Bulkhead.

If you Same-Day Change, seat assignments are "take what you can get." And with less than a day's notice, there's a good chance you're going to end up in a middle seat in Economy Minus.

For 15 hours.

Quote:
This looks like a great fare. I hope they don't cancel on you.
Relax, they can't. It's not an error-fare, it's a regular fare code. And they're already ticketed.

Quote:
Can UA Global upgrade vouchers be applied to these flight code(s)?
No. You need a "W" fare, which runs about $1,000 higher.
There was an episode where BA just cancelled a load of tickets because it turned out to be an error fare. Not always easy to pick these out, as I've been on much cheaper tickets going much further with much better airlines.. I think in future, I know if BA advertise any good deals then I'm just gonna ignore them. I had never flown with UA but I credited a load of AC miles a few years back and they accumulated double what the AC program would have. Thanks for your advice.
Quote: To clarify, GPUs are not eligible for upgrades on the international segments.
GPUs *are* eligible for upgrades on international segments, hence why they are called GLOBAL Premier Upgrades.

RPUs *are not* eligible for upgrades on international segments, hence why they are called REGIONAL Premier Upgrades.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter because the fare code being booked for this fare is "K" which makes the GPU ineligible for use (need W or higher).

-RM
Quote: GPUs *are* eligible for upgrades on international segments, hence why they are called GLOBAL Premier Upgrades.

RPUs *are not* eligible for upgrades on international segments, hence why they are called REGIONAL Premier Upgrades.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter because the fare code being booked for this fare is "K" which makes the GPU ineligible for use (need W or higher).

-RM
In other words, GPU are eligible for upgrades on international segments but not on THE international segments we were discussing
I was able to secure a $441 EWR - SIN Mileage run with a 3 hour turn around for $441 at the end of November. This will help me keep Platinum through 2018. Thanks to the community for highlighting this route. Chalk this up as my first official long-haul mileage run!