Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA to LAX nonstop - "not offering 1st class"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Went online this morning to see what was available DCA to LAX this week, and happily found the newish Flight 1726. Nonstop Flight, perfect departure time at 532PM, with First Class...."NOT OFFEERED". ????? I checked both Sept 26 and Sept 27. Only options to select are main cabin or Delta comfort.

Delta does some screwy things sometimes (IMO) with its first class flights not being available, but I have never seen an entire cabin class "not offered". Not "not available", but "not offered".

Anyone know what this is about? Are they waiting to close out the other cabins and then offer this at a higher price right before the flight? If the flights aren't full enough does it cost them to much to run the first class service? One of the flights is fairly full.

Scratching my head.... tried to search for this and couldn't find anything. Seems like some flyers who have posted have used the nonstop 1st class service.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Looks like you can upgrade to D1 for an extra $500.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Remember this is a Delta One route, so you may want to look at Business instead
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
First class is not offered on this route; Delta One is. See attached screenshot. If you're using a travel agency website, this might be fooling the website into thinking there's nothing better than Comfort+ on the plane.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
$663's not bad. A significant premium over $148, which is also a great price but I'd pay it. Thank you B6.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tkey75
$663's not bad. A significant premium over $148, which is also a great price but I'd pay it. Thank you B6.
How is JetBlue responsible for pricing DCA-LAX? B6 doesn't fly DCA-LAX non-stop. It doesn't fly IAD-LAX nor BWI-LAX, either.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
How is JetBlue responsible for pricing DCA-LAX? B6 doesn't fly DCA-LAX non-stop. It doesn't fly IAD-LAX nor BWI-LAX, either.
B6 did fly IAD-LGB at one point. Miss that flight.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks folks. I was actually on Delta's website and it only came up with the 3 classes. My settings are probably set to default to First or something; will have to check them.

I was peripherally aware Delta had made some class modifications, but hadn't read through in detail yet - just assumed 'First' would still be 'First'. Somewhat misleading though - would think Delta would prompt that there are other choices available that - especially IF the alternate choices cost more than what is displayed. Interesting that you have to almost be aware the class exists before screening flights.

Agree $663 is a very decent price and I'd almost be tempted to come up with a reason to fly the flight just to check out the new cabin. Of course then I'd be spoiled for life with the usual Delta flights in First, since most of Flights the past few years have been East Coast & Caribbean. LoL.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
no Song!

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
First class is not offered on this route; Delta One is. See attached screenshot. If you're using a travel agency website, this might be fooling the website into thinking there's nothing better than Comfort+ on the plane.
Whew! For a minute, I thought Song had returned.
sdadept likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.